[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

MODT

I'll add it to the source for reference but leave commented out. I just don't see how those values can be used for modding, looks like engine optimization data for the game, keeping it decoded will make a lot of records verbose without any benefit. Maybe you have any idea how it can be used in practic for modding?

STAT-NVNM

Updated. It is also used in FURN.

Thanks.

• Like 1

It's probably not much help,  possibly not enough to bother changing the records for,  but I took a look at GDRY.  

The first 6 floats are 2 RGB colors, with certainty.  Based on their descriptions in the EditorID there is a clear correlation to the resulting colors.  I believe the first color is sky/fog and the second color is light/ray.

The next 4 floats are all scales to control the appearance.  I believe Unknown 7 is "Intensity" and the 8th is "Multiscatter" judging by the "gr info" output from the console, which unfortunately did not output the current values from the current weather/gdry settings. 

Its output was:

phase = 0.00, 0.00
air = 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
fwd = 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
back = 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
intensity  = 0.00
fog = 0 | 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
multiscatter = 0.01
grid = 0
quality = 2

Taking out grid/quality (performance affecting) and the fog boolean that's 16 floats, which the record only stores 15.  But it would appear to list 4 colors where there are only 3 at most in the record (Unknown 12-14 might also be color).

If you would rather wait for the CK to update the record with anything,  I certainly understand.   :)

Right click -> Other -> Build Reference Info

References information is not built by default for the game master file because it takes time.

omg wow... ill add this to the list of features that i never knew existed (after 4 years of using tesEdit) that can make my life easier.. lol

thx zilav

I know you guys are busy working on decoding it all. I do have a theory regarding 'TNAM' types.

A few of us believe they are tied to .pex scripts or a .pex script specifically. We don't know which one it is though.

Currently the TNAM value 'Unknown 9' in the keyword section controls what goes into a menu.

Maybe you guys have some leads on this so I can help figure this one out?

Race

MPGN - Morph Group Name

MPPC - ??

MPPI - Morph Preset Intensity (I think this is a float?)

MPPN - Morph Preset Name

MPPT - Morph Preset Texture

MPPF - ?? (Possibly controls whether MPPI is an integer or a float, defaulting to 0 when its non-existent)

TTGP - Tint Template Group

TTET - Tint Template Texture

TTEF - ?

TTEB - ?

TETI - Template Index - 2 byte (?) 2 byte (index)

TTEC - Tint Template Colors

---------Palette

-------------Color (CLFM)

-------------Alpha?? (float)

-------------2 byte (template index) 4 byte (?)

TTED - ??

The template indexes are important for mapping, I'm not sure how they are generated yet but they must be unique per color as far as I can tell.

I've been decoding in this area to investigate RGB tinting for skin/makeup/hair.

Templates can be Masks, Palettes, and Texture types.

ColorForm

FNAM - Playable should be 'Flags'

1 - Playable

2 - Hair Color? (Only appears on hair)

CNAM

Unknown - Appears to be 0 everywhere except for when flags has 2, in which case its 3F or 3E (Will keep an eye out for these engine side)

So can I use regular newest version of TES5Edit for DynDOLOD installation on Skyrim in MO?

A little fuzzy on which is the developer's version and why it is referred to as xEdit. So far I just have SKSE and Unofficial Patches installed. I have downloaded everything else for DynDOLOD install. When clicking the link it shows FO4Edit. Sorry I am such a noob with distance mods!

All xEdits are the same renamed program: TES4Edit, TES5Edit, FO4Edit, etc. You can rename it yourself to whatever you are going to use it for. Location of the latest build is linked in the opening post, it's name doesn't matter.

• Like 1

I have a question : is there some similar tool as xEdit for the original Morrowind game ? (I have nearly 0 modding knowlege in Morrowind)

Sharlikran included partial decoding of TES3 in xEdit, but we have to make some change to the program logic in order for it to be functional.

I have a question : is there some similar tool as xEdit for the original Morrowind game ? (I have nearly 0 modding knowlege in Morrowind)

I use Morrowind Enchanted Editor It is not xEdit but if you does not have what you like then you like what you have. ;)

Uploaded new build.

Mostly definitions update for FO4. However there is a new asked feature useful for any xEdit version. Pressing F5 while standing on a record or plugin calls SaveAs.pas script which allows to save plugin under a different name. So to edit plugin without restarting xEdit:

• make a copy and don't activate in mod manager
  • load copy in xEdit
  • make changes
  • press F5 and save over original plugin
  • repeat

Script also remembers saved as plugin names for each plugin, so the next time you press F5 simply hit Enter to overwrite. Together with "fcf" console command to close plugin files handles and "hlp" command to hot load plugins it is now possible to quickly make changes and see them in the game without restarting the game itself and xEdit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus Arthmoor, that's a long log.  I guess that's what happens when the RACE record definitions get messed up, but still holy poop.

Yes, it's stupid long, and was apparently also lagging the site. Moved the contents to Pastebin :P

I reverted all the GroupRecord changes :)

As for Beta 3 what is the point of adding a new field (YNAM in INNR) if it's going to be both identical and null on every form ?

At least the APPR in RACE is filled with data.

On a different topic, and when you aren't working on FO4 Stuff.  Would you be willing to look at the JIP and Lutana source code and see which functions are unique to those NVSE plugins hlp?  They aren't recognized by FNVEdit and a user PMd me with a request to be added to both FNVEdit and Wrye Flash for FNV.  I was thinking some of the plugins would just extend functionality of NVSE and some functions would be unique.  I am hoping the list of unique functions is short.  ;)  Looking at the xEdit code is easy enough but the plugin code was making my head spin.