[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Ooops, sorry, I'm talking about Skyrim...

When you switch to any spreadsheet tab the first time, it asks what plugins to scan, and then to check keyword(s) attached to records. Keywords are checked using AND logic, so selecting all keywords won't work obviously. If you want all records, then just unselect all keywords. You can rebuild spreadsheet any moment in right click menu.

• Like 1

No, there shouldn't be any reason for putting in a bunch of links to matter. You sure it wasn't just the post editor being a pain?

It'd seem that .bsa can still be loaded (see those two : Time On Loading Screen and Optimized Vanilla Texture )

However, FO4Edit is throwing an error and disable edition if they are loaded.

I need the GECK/CK to confirm that Bethesda still officially supports BSA format in it's archiving tool and when distributing mods via Bethesda.net

The presense of BSA reading code in executable doesn't mean it should be used if newer and better one is available.

• Like 1

Okay, make sense. Would still be nice to have a half-hidden option to bypass this for now (so I/we don't have to edit INIs each time to run FO4Edit), until it's officially supported/deprecated.

@Arthmoor : Not sure what happened... nevermind, maybe I was just super tired.

Okay, make sense. Would still be nice to have a half-hidden option to bypass this for now (so I/we don't have to edit INIs each time to run FO4Edit), until it's officially supported/deprecated.

I'd rather wait for CK. I have a feeling that there will be no BSA support and all those pre CK mods using BSA would have to be remade.

• Like 1

At the very least, all of those BSA based mods running around right now do not benefit from the optimizations the new BA2 system does.

Small update about utf-8 encoding : Looking good on the FO4 side of things so far. I have to find time to test it properly on older games now (which was your biggest worry if I'm not mistaken ?)

Small update about utf-8 encoding : Looking good on the FO4 side of things so far. I have to find time to test it properly on older games now (which was your biggest worry if I'm not mistaken ?)

Yes, I'm worried about the older games. I'm pretty sure that chinese uses utf-8 in all games, but russian for example uses ansi in old games, and utf-8 in FO4 afaik.

• Like 1

Uploaded new version.

FO4 definitions update, speed up of scripts that work with BSA/BA2 archives: Assets Browser, Worldspace Browser and Weather Editor.

Worldspace Browser now opens almost instantly which makes it handy to navigate in exterior cells (via right click menu on a map).

• Like 1

From the reddit discussion (zilav's post)

FO4Edit is able to correctly (I mean binary equal) edit and copy worldspace and cells. The problem is new unknown fields which should probably have to be changed somehow when copied or even be removed. Can't know until CK rolls out.

Just to be sure : the issue is with edits to CELL / WRLD, or with edits to subrecords (Reference records like REFR, and other goodies like LAND or NAVM) ?

From the reddit discussion (zilav's post)

Just to be sure : the issue is with edits to CELL / WRLD, or with edits to subrecords (Reference records like REFR, and other goodies like LAND or NAVM) ?

WRLD and CELL. Actually FO4Edit removes some huge subrecords including new ones from WRLD like in previous game, maybe they should stay for the game to work properly.

• Like 1

Uploaded new version.

FO4 definitions update. Also a fix for OBTS subrecord that was defined wrong in ARMA records causing then to not copy properly.

• Like 1

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3511865-loot-aka-boss-for-fo4/

I believe this deserve to be discussed here... as explained by the (lousy) guy, master's order actually ARE irrelevant in FO4, whether they're explicit or not.

Quick example : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4317/?

The mod come with two plugins, one with the new scarves, and an additional one that add cobj to make them craftable using workstations from this mod : http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2228/?

The cobj explicitly reference its master's record to craft the scarves. By editing plugins.txt manually and setting it to read-only, you can check that both plugin can actually be loaded in-game (you can check by using "help scarv 4", the keyword from the crafting plugin and the armo records do have their mod index in the non-conventional places you've put them in plugins.txt)

Edit : Well, I guess Zilav already have the right of it actually : 

They had to fix that before moving mods to consoles.

No need for further discussion, just a FYI.

I'm not at all clear what the guy is on about.

Is he saying:

1. The list of mods that are a master to the mod you're making is no longer relevant.

or

2. Load order is entirely irrelevant because Bethesda eliminated the "Rule of One" for Fallout 4.

Because I can guarantee you that if it's 2, that DOES NOT apply to Skyrim at all. Rule of One is definitely still in force, and he's saying it's not, which is factually incorrect. The only exceptions to this have already been spelled out as we found them: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3940-skyrim-tes5edit-records-that-merge-at-runtime/

If it's 1, I would require ironclad proof before I'd simply accept a random at his word. He's making an unfounded appeal to authority and expecting people to just accept that.

I'm doing further testing regarding what this could (or couldn't) mean regarding the rule of 1. It is definitely still valid for dissociated plugins, but need more experiments regarding masters.

But what's already proven (though you can still argue that it's not "Ironclad proof" yet, but should be sooner or later imo), is your "1". Plugins loaded before their master :

1) Do not crash the game.

2) Modify their master's record as if they were loaded before it.

The test case the guy posted on the topic with the 10mm capacity is usable for a quick test. Now, we still have to determine to which records and fields it applies / do not applies.

Since xSE team announced they also started to work on plugins more in depth than what they used to in previous game, I'm hoping some runtime code analysis will provide some more insights on the matter.

Edit : relevant for FO4 ONLY of course.

I think I'd need to see an in-game memory snapshot of the order the game thinks these loaded in before I'd be convinced 100% and I guarantee you that guy doesn't have the skillset necessary to provide that kind of proof.

For what it's worth, loading things like this out of order didn't crash Oblivion either but you have no guarantees as to what record wins out when you start pulling stunts like this, which is something I'm not convinced has ever been fixed.

Ok. So. If I'm getting him correctly, it should make no difference what order I load them in, the magazine capacity should be 96 on a 10mm pistol.

Well, it just so happens I have a 10mm pistol in my inventory. So I loaded his mods in this order:

10MMC.esp
10MMB.esp
10MMA.esp

Magazine capacity is 24, as expected because 10MMA.esp sets it to 24 and is the one the game is obviously using. Since vanilla capacity is 12 I can rule out baked data in the save.

In this order:

10MMC.esp
10MMA.esp
10MMB.esp

Magazine capacity is 48, again as expected since B changed it to 48 and is on the bottom of the load list.

So I don't know what he's on, but he's 100% incorrect in his assertion. They have not fixed this in any way.

So I don't know what he's on, but he's 100% incorrect in his assertion. They have not fixed this in any way.

Haven't tested anything myself, but I expect them to fix crashing because of missing masters or plugins loaded before masters. I don't see how they can pull off modding on consoles without any changes like this, unless Bethesda.net client subscriber service on consoles would do that preliminary itself.

• Like 1