[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

@Expired thanks, I updated definitions.

So looks like my google drive is down due to large number of downloads in the last 2 days. Some people decided that posting links leading here on all sorts of forums and sites is a good idea. What's meant to be semiprivate testing builds area turned out completely the opposite. I don't want to use mediafire or other sharing services, so thinking about moving on nexus with hude red warnings that the current FO4Edit is not suitable to create mods, only at own risk. Until dust settles.

I didn't want to do that before official GECK, proper definitions and bug testing, but just have no choice now. Taking the current version down and not releasing new updates will just force everyone to use the current build for the next 2 months, and it would be even worse.

Not happy with that honestly :geek:

• Like 1

That might be my fault partially, sorry.  I just figure if people are going to use either snip or xEdit, it'd be better for them to use xEdit.  Most of my linking has been in private/relatively inactive forums though, so I don't think it was entirely me...  x_x

That might be my fault partially, sorry.  I just figure if people are going to use either snip or xEdit, it'd be better for them to use xEdit.  Most of my linking has been in private/relatively inactive forums though, so I don't think it was entirely me...  x_x

I doubt, searching for FO4Edit in google shows links on reddit, nexus forums, beth forum, even some random chinese sites, etc.

Simply underestimated the crowd. Skyrim was very popular after release, but FO4 is just another league over it, and so is attention to eveything regarding it.

• Like 1

The crusade against Snip-made mods led some people to flood forums and other places with links to FO4Edit and incredibly long posts about why and how everyone willing to make mods should come here and download this version.

Yep, I'm probably at least partly to blame for that too, especially since stopping the onslaught of stupidity with Snip seems pretty important.

Feel free to upload the test versions here if you want. Our site seems to be able to handle the traffic load, unless we're talking millions and millions of people looking for it.

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to modding but I was wondering is it possible to change value of something say a molotov cocktail? I succeeded in changing crafting ingredients to bottlecaps but it makes one at a time and with experience and I don't want experience for it because I don't want to be over leveled. One more thing, Is there a way to remove the experience for crafting a certain item.

Also, I tried out snip and this is way easier to use especially when I don't know hex.

I apologize if this is off topic but I really needed help.

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to modding but I was wondering is it possible to change value of something say a molotov cocktail? I succeeded in changing crafting ingredients to bottlecaps but it makes one at a time and with experience and I don't want experience for it because I don't want to be over leveled. One more thing, Is there a way to remove the experience for crafting a certain item.

Also, I tried out snip and this is way easier to use especially when I don't know hex.

I apologize if this is off topic but I really needed help.

You are indeed MASSIVELY off-topic, but I'll answer anyways - it's a fair bet that your question and my answer will get deleted soon, so I hope you see this in time.  :-)

In FO4Edit, it's easy enough to change the caps value of an item - most items have a "value" variable, it's usually towards the bottom of the list, next to the weight value.

I believe that the XP value of an item is based off of the amount and rarity of resources used to craft it - when I removed all the materials from my "free downgrades" mod, all of the associated recipes stopped giving XP.  I haven't looked for the XP value of the various crafting materials, but that's where I'd start - and it might be actually tied to the caps value of them, so you could modify that and see if you get zero-XP crafting.

I know it might be the bad time to request this but... would it be possible to have a "signature" column in the recerence view ? So we can sort referencing records by record-type. I'm currently browsing Fallout4.esm and it would be helpfull to figure some things out quickier.

Edit : Out of curiosity, what/how/why are the GetSKSEVersion and similar function available for CTDA functions ? I didn't even know they existed in Skyrim >_<

I know it might be the bad time to request this but... would it be possible to have a "signature" column in the recerence view ? So we can sort referencing records by record-type. I'm currently browsing Fallout4.esm and it would be helpfull to figure some things out quickier.

Possible.

Edit : Out of curiosity, what/how/why are the GetSKSEVersion and similar function available for CTDA functions ? I didn't even know they existed in Skyrim >_<

SKSE adds them.

• Like 1

Will you remove the -30000 z thing from cleaning options since it's known to cause Havok bounds errors and "junknado" ?

You can set this in options as shown above, but -30000 bug is relevant only to Fallout 3 and New Vegas. It is perfectly fine in Oblivion and Skyrim.

• Like 1

I wasn't clear enough I guess. I mean can you make it default to off when in FO3/NV mode, this is omitted from cleaning guides and stuff. :)

On a side note is superflous and unnecessary anyways.

I wasn't clear enough I guess. I mean can you make it default to off when in FO3/NV mode, this is omitted from cleaning guides and stuff. :)

On a side note is superflous and unnecessary anyways.

Those parameteres are saved in settings file and turning it off internally by default won't change anything for those who ran xEdit at least once.

• Like 1

This may not be the correct place to ask this question, but is there a nice compact place where the meanings of record types are compiled together? I was experimenting in FO4Edit with COBJ (constructible objects), and I had to figure out the FNAM is the keyword that determines which category the recipe falls under in the crafting menu, and that INTV (which is still unknown according to FO4Edit) seems to be the hex number of objects created by the recipe. A value of 14 00 00 00 makes 20 of the object at a time in game, and 19 00 00 00 makes 25. Obviously, most (if not all) of the vanilla recipes have INTV of 01 00 00 00. This was all probably known by now, so I wonder if there is some repository of the knowledge of record types somewhere for future reference. Does anyone know?

This may not be the correct place to ask this question, but is there a nice compact place where the meanings of record types are compiled together? I was experimenting in FO4Edit with COBJ (constructible objects), and I had to figure out the FNAM is the keyword that determines which category the recipe falls under in the crafting menu, and that INTV (which is still unknown according to FO4Edit) seems to be the hex number of objects created by the recipe. A value of 14 00 00 00 makes 20 of the object at a time in game, and 19 00 00 00 makes 25. Obviously, most (if not all) of the vanilla recipes have INTV of 01 00 00 00. This was all probably known by now, so I wonder if there is some repository of the knowledge of record types somewhere for future reference. Does anyone know?

https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/issues

Post your findings there please.

Uploaded new version, details in the opening post.

utf-8 support is completely untested currently, Nico coiN is busy right now unfortunately.

xEdit now loads BA2 archives (make sure you have Load BSAs checked in Options).

Updated Assets Browser, Worldspace Browser and Weather Editor scripts to support FO4.

A lot of FO4 definitions updates.

• Like 1

[snip] utf-8 support is completely untested currently, Nico coiN is busy right now unfortunately. [snip]

I called for subcontracting in the active french community 4 days ago. Only Kesta applied as volunteer atm. Unfortunately, the link you provided me to your google drive shows the file but still doesn't allow to download it (too many connections/redirection loop). I checked at least twice a day since your original PM. We won't be able to do much as long as this issue stands... :shrug:

BTW, utf-8 is probably used by other european localizations (spanish, german ?), maybe also some others ? (japanese, chinese ?) But I don't know anyone from these respective communities...

I called for subcontracting in the active french community 4 days ago. Only Kesta applied as volunteer atm. Unfortunately, the link you provided me to your google drive shows the file but still doesn't allow to download it (too many connections/redirection loop). I checked at least twice a day since your original PM. We won't be able to do much as long as this issue stands... :shrug:

BTW, utf-8 is probably used by other european localizations (spanish, german ?), maybe also some others ? (japanese, chinese ?) But I don't know anyone from these respective communities...

The version on nexus is newer, so use it instead. I'll take down all google drive links.

• Like 1

@Zilav : ok, I updated my posts on the french forums to mention that. I also reuploaded my icon resource pack in PNG format as I don't know how you're planning to implement it. Archive here.

And with the "sort by signature" in the referenced tab :frantics:  Thanks a lot for the update  :)

P.S. : Maybe some credits to fireundubh would be of circumstance ?

If it's of any help there's a list of record types for TES4 here and TES5 here.

Ahem, this might be off-topic but I really want to know how the spreadsheet generation works. Everytime I try I get no results... :cry:

It doesn't work for Fallout 4 since we don't have complete data definitions yet.

• Like 1