[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

• 2 weeks later...

[01:47] Background Loader: [Witch Of The Wild.esp] Building reference info.
[01:47] Background Loader: Error: record ARMA contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord MO2S 53324F4D
[01:47] Background Loader: Error: record ARMA contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord MO4S 53344F4D
[01:47] Background Loader: Errors were found in: WOTW_Cloakadd02 [ARMA:B101822F]
[01:47] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID BOD2 RNAM DNAM MO2S MOD3 MO3T MO4S MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL 
[01:47] Background Loader: Error: record ARMA contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord MO2S 53324F4D
[01:47] Background Loader: Error: record ARMA contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord MO4S 53344F4D
[01:47] Background Loader: Errors were found in: WOTW_TattooAddon [ARMA:B1021E81]
[01:47] Background Loader: Contained subrecords: EDID BOD2 RNAM DNAM MO2S MOD3 MO3T MO4S MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL MODL 
[01:47] Background Loader: Errors were found in: WOTW_Cloakadd01 [ARMA:B101822E]

I just verified that the above errors are false positives.  The MO2S and MO4S are valid texture sets.  I used 1.9.32.0 to edit the file and they were not removed. Therefore they are valid and not legacy records.

I just verified that the above errors are false positives.  The MO2S and MO4S are valid texture sets.  I used 1.9.32.0 to edit the file and they were not removed. Therefore they are valid and not legacy records.

Who said they are legacy? The are perfectly viable for Skyrim and use the same definitions as in previous games. The problem is, TES5Edit expects MO2S to come after MOD2 and MO2T (alternate textures for Male world model). The absense of MOD2 means there are alternate textures but no model. I don't know if it is a CK glitch or TES5Edit needs an update here.

You are the first one to report it, and besides definitions are the same as in previous games for that part. Very suspicious.

And why there is so much MODL subrecords??? Another snip's creation or what? I can't believe CK could produce them. Where did you get this mod?

• Like 1

Who said they are legacy? The are perfectly viable for Skyrim and use the same definitions as in previous games.

I thought they were removed in a previous commit because of the error message. I guess I was mistaken. Apologies.

The problem is, TES5Edit expects MO2S to come after MOD2 and MO2T (alternate textures for Male world model). The absence of MOD2 means there are alternate textures but no model. I don't know if it is a CK glitch or TES5Edit needs an update here.

I didn't think about the absence of the model. That is interesting. I will look into it more.

You are the first one to report it, and besides definitions are the same as in previous games for that part. Very suspicious.

True.

And why there is so much MODL subrecords??? Another snip's creation or what?

I have no idea if it is a snip creation or not. For all I know someone used TES5Edit and chose to add them if Edit will allow it.

I can't believe CK could produce them. Where did you get this mod?

I downloaded it here.

And why there is so much MODL subrecords???

Those MODL records were there on a Bethesda ARMA (ArchmageBootsAA) as well. I just verified that part. I'm looking onto the rest.

Another snip's creation or what?

I was able to use the ArchmageBootsAA and add the Nif file and produce a valid record that does not error in TES5Edit. I can't be 100% certain but there is a good chance that the file was made with the CK but the Male Model was removed in TESVSnip (since it's female only) and they didn't remove enough subrecords not knowing all the requirements. Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: They copied some Storm Cloak armor with an alternate texture set and didn't do it right is all.

I was able to use the ArchmageBootsAA and add teh Nif file and produce a valid record that does not error in TES5Edit. I can't be 100% certain but there is a good chance that the file was made with the CK but the Male Model was removed in TESVSnip (since it's female only) and they didn't remove enough subrecords not knowing all the requirements. Thanks for pointing that out.

I checked it too, MODLs in ARMA are additional races, so they are valid. But still a subrecord with alternate textures for absent model is strange. Either a CK glitch or indeed someone used 3rd party tools.
  • Haha 1

I checked it too, MODLs in ARMA are additional races, so they are valid. But still a subrecord with alternate textures for absent model is strange. Either a CK glitch or indeed someone used 3rd party tools.

I can't be sure but I'm more convinced of your earlier assumption that TESVSnip touched it. I guess they could have removed the Male model in TES5Edit too and just didn't know what to do. Initially I thought it was made with TESVSnip and I went to the author to call him out. Then I edited my post because I thought that unless I look into it more I could embarrass myself. After the CK didn't destroy the record then I figured it must be correct. After what you mentioned I looked at the mod and it does not have any Texture Sets at all. The author would have had to make one for the armor in order for the mod to reference it properly anyway. The texture sets were pointing to Storm Cloak armor so it was copied in the CK and the male model removed with TESVSnip or TES5Edit. Which is silly because you can do it in the CK by clicking edit, then not choosing a new one. Some people just do things differently.

Thanks for the feedback.

I was looking at the USKP beta, and noticed that for the weapon racks the VMAD fields seem to be switched from the original. That is, all the properties values have migrated into the Unknown field instead.

What's going on with that?

I was looking at the USKP beta, and noticed that for the weapon racks the VMAD fields seem to be switched from the original. That is, all the properties values have migrated into the Unknown field instead.

Different property objects format in Skyrim.esm "Object v1" and USKP "Object v2" (they have a different order of fields). If you select the actual values of property in TES5Edit, you can notice that node's names will change.
  • Like 1

Before I try to make one by hand, is there already a script to search for all uses of a particular script name?

I see there's something that checks script variables and something that sorts used script names. I suppose something could be cobbled together from those.

"Skyrim - List used scripts"

Description

Build a list of used scripts in selected records and generate report.

Also check for script's existence in loaded BSAs or game's Data\Scripts folder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hmm.. i just copied the Worldspace Editor code from here and tested it out.. pretty neat indeed!

this reminds me, ive always wondered if there was a map/grid floating around that shows how all of the interior cells are organized in tes5edit (Blocks 0-9; Sub-blocks 0-9). Sometimes it's just easier to open CK, find and load the interior from the Cell View window, make a single edit to the cell (i.e. move an object), save the edit to a new plugin, then load the plugin in tes5edit to easily find the block/sub-block coordinates of the cell im looking for.

Ive probably done this for ~50-100 cells in the game, and have actually started making a spreadsheet with tes5edit coordinates, cell name, cell editorID, and cell formid.. but the process is slow moving. Maybe I shouldve asked a while ago if such a list/grid/map already exists :)

Such tasks are easy for scripts.

This will export a list of interior cells, their data and several statistics (refs, spawns, etc) in csv format easy to browse with Excel

http://pastebin.com/PR61ziit

Apply to Cell group. Can be easily extended to export any additional information.

• Like 2

very cool, thank you. I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to scripting, unfortunately. I can squeeze by with papyrus, but pascal i havent even looked at but once or twice. I appreciate the code, thank you    :unworthy:

To the people who can readily write scripts like this, did you study this stuff in college, or have you just been modding for long enough that youve taught yourself these things? I studied biochem in college and now in grad school, so my studies couldn't be any less applicable to TES modding. I've done pretty well for myself in terms of learning basic and semi-advanced modding techniques/theory. However, I feel like I've reached a climax, so to speak. Whereas, to learn things like scripting and different 'languages', you must have some sort of background in computer science (or equivalent). Is this an accurate assessment or not?

i found this in the tes4mod documentation on UESP:

The block and subblock groups for an interior cell are determined by the last two decimal digits of the lower 3 bytes of the cell form ID (the modindex is not included in the calculation). For example, for form ID 0x000CF2=3314, the block is 4 and the subblock is 1.

Is this still true for skyrim?  

i dont think i understand correctly ... take the formid of the cell (hexadecimal) and convert to decimal .. then the subblock and block from the last 2 numbers in the decimal conversion

0x000CF2 = 3314 = subblock 1 (3314) = block 4 (3314)   

i dont think i am interpreting this correctly

Yes. If you check the script I posted, it does exactly that :)

s := IntToStr(FormID(e) and $FFFFFF);
block := StrToInt(s[length(s)]);
subblock := StrToInt(s[length(s)-1]);
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ooo, now that looks interesting. Also nicely done on the first actual graphical thing in the program :P

Hello all, I'm seeming to have bit of an issue when cleaning up a NavMesh. I've gotten a Found a struct with negative size! 2B512CC4 < 2B512CC0 and I was wondering, if anyone may have feedback on how to correct it? I had about 9 Deleted NavMeshes and I followed the [skyrim] Fixing NavMesh Deletion Using TES5edit and managed to clean 6 of them, but when it came to cleaning up the NavMesh (000E8666) there were errors with it. I removed any identical to master records, then undeleted and disabled references, and it says there are 3 undeleted NavMeshes (which makes me assume I can move onto the next one, and that I have cleaned it up) and when I do a check for errors after, I get this:

[Filtering done]  Processed Records: 1221126 Elapsed Time: 01:44

[Removing "Identical to Master" records done]  Processed Records: 1896, Removed Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00

[undeleting and Disabling References done]  Processed Records: 1896, Undeleted Records: 0, Elapsed Time: 00:00

<Warning: Plugin contains 3 deleted NavMeshes which can not be undeleted>

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [05] LightCreekManor.esp

[00:01] Found a struct with negative size! 2B512CC4 < 2B512CC0

[00:01] Found a struct with negative size! 2B512CC4 < 2B512CC0

[00:01]           Parent -> Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0

[00:01]           Parent Worldspace -> Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0

[00:01]           Is Island -> Expected 1 bytes of data, found 0

[00:01]             Mesh #5 -> Expected 4 bytes of data, found 1

[00:01]             Mesh #4 -> [EC000000] <Error: Could not be resolved>

[00:01]             Mesh #3 -> Found a CELL reference, expected: NAVM

[00:01]             Mesh #2 -> [E9A03C00] <Error: Could not be resolved>

[00:01]             Mesh #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: NAVM

[00:01]             Mesh #0 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: NAVM

[00:01]           Above errors were found in :Preferred Merges

[00:01]         Above errors were found in :NVMI - Navigation Map Info

[00:01]           Parent -> Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0

[00:01]           Parent Worldspace -> Expected 4 bytes of data, found 0

[00:01]           Is Island -> Expected 1 bytes of data, found 0

[00:01]               Door Ref -> Expected 4 bytes of data, found 1

[00:01]             Above errors were found in :Door #2

[00:01]               Door Ref -> Found a CELL reference, expected: REFR

[00:01]             Above errors were found in :Door #1

[00:01]               Door Ref -> Found a NULL reference, expected: REFR

[00:01]             Above errors were found in :Door #0

[00:01]           Above errors were found in :Linked Doors

[00:01]         Above errors were found in :NVMI - Navigation Map Info

[00:01]       Above errors were found in :Navigation Map Infos

[00:01]     Above errors were found in :[NAVI:00012FB4]

[00:01]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "NAVI"

[00:01] Above errors were found in :[05] LightCreekManor.esp

[00:01] All Done!

I checked for errors after I cleaned the other NavMeshes, and there were none (this text didn't come up). Only when I cleaned up this specific NavMesh (000E8666).

Can I get a link to that mod?