[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

If they use vanilla buildings then the low-poly meshes do already exist. I guess this would require only a new objects LOD generation in the CK, then pick only the affected .bto LOD files generated using infos from this thread.

zilav

Are you familiar with the Morrowind Enchanted Editor?

I've two reasons why I ask this is because Morrowind Enchanted Editor have the ability to open .ess files and save them.

The second reason is that I use the Enchanting Freedom mod (read my comments about this mod) and I don't understand why the mod cannot change name of an enchanted item in the arcane enchanter in-game, because if I try then the mod has somehow disabled my activity with the arcane enchanter and in the worse scenario I can't press the Esc instead I need to manually shut Skyrim down via the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys.

Enchanting Freedom   Object Effects

Is the value for the Version Control Info important?

I heard of Enchanted edtitor, but never used it. ESS files in Morrowind are plugins, in later games they are not.

Version control info is not important.

I'm not a mod maker, so can't tell you anything why something doesn't work unfortunately.

• Like 1

I heard of Enchanted edtitor, but never used it. ESS files in Morrowind are plugins, in later games they are not.

Version control info is not important.

I'm not a mod maker, so can't tell you anything why something doesn't work unfortunately.

I see.  I didn't know that about the ess files are treated as plugins.

I think the Version Control Info is important, because I forgot to run an error check for the Enchanting Freedom.esp in TES5Edit and I got this error(s).

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [39] Enchanting Freedom.esp
[00:00]           EFID - Base Effect -> Found a NULL reference, expected: MGEF
[00:00]         Above errors were found in :Effect
[00:00]       Above errors were found in :Effects
[00:00]     Above errors were found in :EnchWeapCommanda [ENCH:390028B2]
[00:00]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "ENCH"
[00:00] Above errors were found in :[39] Enchanting Freedom.esp
[00:00] All Done!

I was hoping to find a work around of the "not being able to re-name an enchanted item" issue I've with the Enchanting Freedom mod and that was to enchant an item then save and exit the game.  Once I do that load a save into TES5Edit and manually change the enchanted item in TES5Edit, but I take it this isn't feasible atm.

Version control info is only important when you are merging plugin into master with huh... version control in CK.

That error is because TES5Edit expects MGEF reference there, has nothing to do with version control info.

• Like 1

Regarding the answer I've just posted on bethsoft forum concerning facegen export, I copy/paste the question I submitted there :

Idea (or suggestion) : could facegen export datas be generated from a 3rd party tool such as TES5Edit ? This question may be pertinent as Zilav announced astonishing things to come with objects LOD generation. TES5Edit seems to be able to handle meshes at a specific level, so why not textures as well ?

Generating facegen would certainly be cool, but in the case being discussed I'm not sure it would matter. Templated NPCs that exist only as a leveled NPC marker in the CK can't really have that sort of data. You need to crawl up the list and look for the actual record the NPC is based on and generate your data there. Some of those nested template lists are insane and it's hardly surprising they might have missed one somewhere.

Version control info is only important when you are merging plugin into master with huh... version control in CK.

That error is because TES5Edit expects MGEF reference there, has nothing to do with version control info.

The mod in question were updated two days after CK was released, but have since then never been updated for over two years now and I think the error in TES5Edit is related to what CK version the mod was created.

I also doubt the mod can be loaded into CK due to the error that was found in TES5Edit.

After loading v 1.3 into the CK I got this:

MASTERFILE: Bad reach value (0.00) found for weapon '' (010028C4).
Which is a deleted record as is 010028A7. So 010028C4 can just be deleted.

And this:

MAGIC: Magic Item (010028B2) 'EnchWeapCommanda' has no effects defined.
I have downloaded the two older versions but have not looked at them. Maybe they can shed some light on what the missing effect would be. My uneducated guess is it was made with SkyEdit or TESVSnip and then loaded into the CK at some point. If it was made with Snip, which may not be the case, then Snip's footprints are gone. However, the missing effect could be from SkyEdit.

Otherwise the original plugin loaded into the CK just fine.

I was troubleshooting the post in the Nexus thread and it looks like the DEST in the INGR record is valid. Not sure of it's intended purpose but it seems valid. At first I thought it was maybe made with Snip, that may not be the case. I would like to do more troubleshooting. Zilav when you have a moment can you compile another version of TES5Edit.

I need to finish with a brief instructions on how to use, because it can look complicated for someone :innocent:

sRGwu73.png

• Like 2

Way cool! I do have one concern though. That ominous warning at the bottom about needing to unpack the contents of BSA files. If this is being targeted toward players generating LOD for their games isn't that going to cause a whole lot of problems? Is there no way to read what's needed from the BSAs directly?

Can this disregard the 2048-vertex hard cap that the CK has for LOD meshes?

TES5LODGen is a completely separate utility, it doesn't have any limits. You can even build lod form the full meshes if you want to, the only limit is your PC.

Way cool! I do have one concern though. That ominous warning at the bottom about needing to unpack the contents of BSA files. If this is being targeted toward players generating LOD for their games isn't that going to cause a whole lot of problems? Is there no way to read what's needed from the BSAs directly?

LODGen is written in C#, and the only available library to read BSAs is BSAOpt which is C++ and requires extra work to use in C#. Then you will need to implement BSA overriding depending on load order to get the correct meshes out of dozens of even hundreds of possible BSA archives.

TES5Edit already has this, and will unpack needed files if that option is checked. But reimplementing it directly in LODGen now would be a waste of time, since we already switched to other projects. Maybe in future if Ehamloptiran will want to.

Right now it works for Skyblivion/Skywind, and that was the primary aim of writing lodgen utility in the first place since CK's lodgen has way too much limits implicated by consoles.

Thanks for the new EXE Zilav. I tried it to look at the INGR records in that mod and it looks like the change I added didn't make it into your test build. Bummer.

EDIT: I used BeyondCompare and I notice that the EXE in the TES5Edit_r1539.7z is a binary equal to TES5Edit_r1535.7z. Only the EditScripts folder and the Readme changed.

EDIT: I used BeyondCompare and I notice that the EXE in the TES5Edit_r1539.7z is a binary equal to TES5Edit_r1535.7z. Only the EditScripts folder and the Readme changed.

Reuploaded.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed something with a deleted record and I don't understand why it's not doing what I think it should. Maybe someone can correct me. So I am looking at the Mod Digital Nightmare for FNV.  There are two deleted records in Sounds, that when I apply the filter for cleaning, I was thinking they would be undeleted.  Now that I am posting it, maybe they shouldn't be undeleted.  Well, anyway can someone clarify as to why, even though I am starting to think of a possible reason why already?

Also is this supposed to have empty check boxes here?

Also on the Media Sets, the PNAM.  Where did they get the flag info?  I can't change that in the GECK.  If I click the reset button and redefine the record then the flags disappear.

UDR means undete and disable REFERENCES, sound records are not references.

Empty checkboxes just means bits that don't do anything, you can as well define them as "unknown N" but that will clutter the output.

PNAM I'm not sure, maybe you need GECK PowerUp to edit them.

UDR means undete and disable REFERENCES, sound records are not references.

Empty checkboxes just means bits that don't do anything, you can as well define them as "unknown N" but that will clutter the output.

Makes sense.

PNAM I'm not sure, maybe you need GECK PowerUp to edit them.

Never heard of it I'll see.

PNAM: That would be the column of "enable" checkboxes on the right of the MediaSet form :)

And for GECKpu, use my fork on nexus FNV. The original only supported older version of the game.

PNAM: That would be the column of "enable" checkboxes on the right of the MediaSet form :)

How do I get to the Media Set form in the FNV Geck 1.4.0.518? I brought up a sound, went to uses info, then found the set and double clicked on it. I don't see any checkboxes though. Am I using an old version?