[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Zilav, are there enough similarities between Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, and Oblivion to allow the Asset Manager to be used with those games?  If not, what about Fallout New Vegas for now?

I'm trying to get into modding them, using xxxEdit with them, Using Wrye Flash, updating the BOSS Masterlist for them, and all that stuff.  The textures and meshes are hard to track and figure out which mod is causing the conflict even with Bash Tags.

Afaik Oblivion has it's own utility for that called TESTool or something like that.

The latest version of assets script with FO3/FNV support is on svn.

• Like 1

TES4Files. It should be fairly comprehensive, though it's become increasingly hard to find if you don't already know about it so if TES5Edit included support for Oblivion that would be a good thing. Obviously no rush on that though :P

Afaik Oblivion has it's own utility for that called TESTool or something like that.

The latest version of assets script with FO3/FNV support is on svn.

TES4Files. It should be fairly comprehensive, though it's become increasingly hard to find if you don't already know about it so if TES5Edit included support for Oblivion that would be a good thing. Obviously no rush on that though :P

At first glance the Oblivion version of TES4Files looks like a mod packaging utility and not an esp, Nif file validation mod.  However, I just downloaded it so I don't wana say I know what it's capable of until I use it.  However, if it can't verify the paths in the Nif files for textures then it would not fill the role of what TES5Edit does for that.  Until I use it I'm not saying it can't do that.

TESTool is a cleaning tool for Morrowind.

At first glance the Oblivion version of TES4Files looks like a mod packaging utility and not an esp, Nif file validation mod.  However, I just downloaded it so I don't wana say I know what it's capable of until I use it.  However, if it can't verify the paths in the Nif files for textures then it would not fill the role of what TES5Edit does for that.  Until I use it I'm not saying it can't do that.

It is a mod packing tool and here is the latest thread about TES4Files.  You must be logged in before you can click on the links in MentalElf's signature.

TES4Files functions as both a packaging tool and a resource validation tool since it logs any missing files it can't find. You seriously need to learn to trust us gurus when we tell you X does Y :P

TES4Files functions as both a packaging tool and a resource validation tool since it logs any missing files it can't find. You seriously need to learn to trust us gurus when we tell you X does Y :P

I trust the guru's...  I wasn't going to say anything else until I used it...   :geek:

Found a struct with a negative size! (2) 070FEFC1 < 070FEFC0  for Color

Found an array with negative size! (3) 070FF06E < 070FF066 for Type

Found a struct with a negative size! (2) 070FF067 < 070FF066 for Time

Zilav and Hlp when I apply a filter to my FNV load order I get a lot of these messages. What is that from? I have not cleaned any of my files official DLC or not because I am testing with them unaltered.

I was using the newly added function of the Asset Manager for FNV and I noticed that there were no BSA files listed. It just listed Data. Skyrim lists the BSA files. When I run it to check for textures, because I do have some models that are black, (textureless) I get a ton of errors that might not be there if it were looking in the Bethesda BSA files. Does FNVEdit look at the Fallout.ini file for that information, or is there something else I can/need to configure?

Try starting with -forcebsa

That worked. I can track down the culprit now!

NIF: Probably invalid Nif file, SizedString length > 1000 meshes\characters\hair\kozaburo01f.nif
   <-- Texture for Kozaburo01 "Kozaburo" [HAIR:01000EBE] \ HAIR \ Model \ MODL - Model Filename: meshes\characters\hair\kozaburo01f.nif
I did get this error though. I will have to start looking there.

Nif reader is very primitive for now, and was made for Skyrim meshes. It is actually a miracle that it even reads FO3/FNV meshes :geek:

This is probably not en error in nif, but rather invalid parsing of fallout NiNodes.

• Like 1

Nif reader is very primitive for now, and was made for Skyrim meshes. It is actually a miracle that it even reads FO3/FNV meshes :geek:

Believe me I'm excited. Not complaining at all. I love it no matter what. You are a miricale worker. Thanks for mentioning it might not be an error. I will get a copy of NifSkope for FNV and check it out.

A question. What are the chances of getting the CELL->TVDT subrecord decoded to know what's in it? According to the UESP pages, it's 684 bytes of data.

Apparently if this subrecord is deleted from a CELL, it resolves the issue that causes this: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/55-lod-error-visible-from-azuras-shrine/

I'd feel a lot more comfortable with letting the USKP start removing this data where it's discovered to be a problem but not until we have some idea of what that subrecord is tracking.

I still doubt the UESP is up to date. For the usual reasons; lack of will or, volunteers with knowledge in Delphi. I had a few volunteers ask to update the wiki over the last year, none recently, but they gave up because they had to interpret the Delphi code.

Not surprised, it's been theorized it has to do with culling data but who knows how that even gets built. Thanks, I'll see if one of them can determine what it does.

Any way to identify patterns, or at least post a decoded data block? Maybe if we're looking at the actual data it'll start to make sense.

My main fear here is that if this is culling data that chopping it out will tell the engine to stop culling ANYTHING in a particular cell. That would lead to performance degradation at the very least.

This does not look right to me. There are not 5, 5, 5, and 7 Keywords yet that is what KSIZ is telling me. Is there a newer dev version I can test with? Or am I seeing things or misunderstanding something?  Also I have not seen this before, but that null reference appeared.  I didn't do anything but make the patch and delete the leveled lists.  I highly doubt that BOSS v3 would matter but that's what I am using.  I am also using the new v2 Unofficial patches.