[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Actually he's right. PlayersDroppedWeapon is set to a "None" value by default. It is not stored in the VMAD data in the ESP. TES5Edit can only show you the available VMAD data that's stored in the ESP. Values of "None" or ones that show up in scripts as "<Default>" will not be listed.

Not true.

For example, look at the record of an arbitrary weapon rack activator - say, 0006A4A4 (which is the player house version activator of a standard wooden rack) - and try to find the "PlayersDroppedWeapon" property on WeaponRackActivateScript. It's not displayed, but it is an existing property on that script.

Yep and should be altered in the CK so that the inline binary data is written correctly.

That particular property is not intended to be set. It's intended to be changed on the fly as the racks get used. So it won't ever show up in the VMAD data.

Makes sense.

Would it be best to hold off on talking about "Copy Referenced assets" also? It copies files from other places that are not in the Data folder even when you uncheck the Skyrim and Update bsa files. It does not copy the '0' nif files from the The Black Sacrament mod I listed. Separate from that mod it is not copying the lip and wave files for custom voices. I don't think Skyrim hard codes the file name into any file for the voice and lip files. However, I know the path and filename structure of the custom voice files if you want me to post it and I can provide an archive of the update I am working on for Dovahkiin Hideout for testing.

I like the Worldspace browser, Copy Referenced assets, and checking for missing assets.  Just makes TES5Edit that much more useful.  :grin:

Script copies files if they exist in any of selected containers starting from last to maintain the game's load order override rule for BSAa and Data folder.

As for "0", lip, and other files, they are implicit assets used by a mod but not referenced directly by records. Afaik for Skyrim they are: armor nif models with _0 and _1 suffixes, dialog voices and lip files, facegen meshes and textures (correct me if I'm wrong). Currently script supports onle explicitly referenced files but I plan on adding implicit ones too.

That's why this version is not released yet and discussed here.

I did a little thinking and asking about the properties of NIF files in regards to the TXST records.  The TXST is a total override regardless of the nif settings.  NifScope dose not have to be used to set any special settings in the Nif file to use alternate textures.

Alternate textures are not total overrides. Each of them has "3D Name" field with node's name inside Nif model to apply textures to, so reading/parsing nif nodes structure is required here.

• Like 1

That's why this version is not released yet and discussed here.

Yep and I respect you and your work. I am just sharing what I am seeing for future reference.

Alternate textures are not total overrides. Each of them has "3D Name" field with node's name inside Nif model to apply textures to, so reading/parsing nif nodes structure is required here.

Man your good. I will have to look at that there is an odd error in a nif file I have that needs to be corrected. That might be the issue with it thanks.

Thanks, I'm working on fixing the racks in the Hideout and I was wondering about that anyway. I have spent hours racking my brain about that.

In that case, you may want to have a look at the weapon rack thread, which explains a lot more:

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3669-overhauling-the-weapon-rack-scripts/

I can als offer my debugger versions of the weapon rack scripts (with full comments).

EDIT:

Thinking about it again, why not simply using the extended racks resource for your mod ?

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/843-extended-racks/

The scripts are based on the USKP 1.3.3c versions, but do also contain the v2.6 fix which didn't make it into the patch (so as to fix all errors and glitches we know of, see the link above). They have been slightly expanded to control another rack type and to support "tools" (brooms, shovels, etc.) on standard wooden racks.

I want to use the fewest amount of scripts as possible but I am open to the idea and that does sound pretty cool. I'll check that out. I got side tracked with some mods I have been patching and fixing.

Skyrim has its own ref record for every Placed Projectile Type. The FormID that the mod uses is 000F4577.

By the way those records can have an EDID record.

procedure ReferenceRecord(aSignature: TwbSignature; const aName: string);
  begin
    wbRecord(aSignature, aName, [
      wbEDID,
      wbVMAD,
      wbFormIDCk(NAME, 'Projectile', [PROJ, HAZD]),

The types are Missle(PMIS), Lobber/Grenade(PGRE), Beam(PBEA), Flame(PFLA), Cone(PCON), Barrier(PBAR), Arrow(PARW). Although not a projectile, Placed Hazards (PHZD) fall into that category as well.

• 2 weeks later...

In the BODT/BOD2 records, would it be possible to add the actual slot number to the presently displayed body add-on number for non-standard slots ?

In the BODT/BOD2 records, would it be possible to add the actual slot number to the presently displayed body add-on number for non-standard slots ?

I uploaded a new version where you can switch to display integer values of flags and enums in options window, off by default.

Don't know if it is a "slot number" though. I can only show how TES5Edit parses binary data.

Well, let's not get overly complicated here. Those "slot masks" are defined by SKSE and not how I'd like to see them in xEdit. Here's a better reference showing exactly what's in the CK. (Top section is existing named nodes, bottom section are available nodes but all unnamed)

Apparently slots are stored using masks in plugins, so TES5Edit shows only slot masks, not the actual slot numbers.

I can add slot numbers directly to slot names like in that CK wiki page Hana linked.

Uploaded new version with slot numbers in armor addon names.

Thank you. This saves a lot of trouble.

Well, let's not get overly complicated here. Those "slot masks" are defined by SKSE and not how I'd like to see them in xEdit. Here's a better reference showing exactly what's in the CK. (Top section is existing named nodes, bottom section are available nodes but all unnamed)

I don't like them that complicated either, but finding something specific on the CK Wiki is a real challenge ...

Oh, good. I was trying to be helpful, glad I didn't end up entirely changing what you were asking for. :)

Since I know nothing of svn's or how to get this dev copy, could someone post a pic of what this change looks like?

Also, thank you, zilav for all your work.

:cookies:

Oh, good. I was trying to be helpful, glad I didn't end up entirely changing what you were asking for. :)

Since I know nothing of svn's or how to get this dev copy, could someone post a pic of what this change looks like?

Also, thank you, zilav for all your work.

:cookies:

Go to the first post and click the link for xxxx1435. It should be at the bottom of Zilav's Post.

Oh, I see... it's just a regular link. I'm a noob. :lol:

Btw, the link in the OP says r1435, the downloaded version says r1425.

Question;

I'm looking at Book records, specifically the DESC - Book Text field and trying to determine changes between a couple of different plug-ins. I opened up the Book Text field to be able to read it, and in that pop-up box there's a button called Compare. Would probably be very handy except it doesn't work, it's looking for a file bcompare.exe? There doesn't seem to be any such thing? Has this ever been a working function of xEdit?