Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

WTF! WHO THE FUCK HAS BEEN TELLING TODD THAT WE NEED DRAGONS AND ONLINE! FFSP!Sorry, about that, but really? That's what people have been requesting? Wow...that's just, depressing. Y'know, I think they've put enough effort into dragons to make them more than a throwaway, but really? Multiplayer?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Well no, strangely enough, if you look where TES fans actually hang out (hint: it's not IGN) I've never seen anyone clamoring for dragons. There are occasional cries for multiplayer but those get shot down quickly by the masses.Once Skyrim was announced though, yes, lots of people wanted to see the dragons. Maybe the 12 year old who wrote the article misunderstood fan interest in them to be requests for them to be added and that somehow in the last 10 months Bethesda caved in and added them?

I'm still debating about whether to invest money in the collector's edition or not. I have it on pre-order, but I'm not sure I really want that dragon statue.

The statue and the art book are both well worth the price. I've run across instances of both were EACH ONE could sell for $150 alone depending on the subject matter. This isn't some piece of junk like what they gave us with FO3, or a sad excuse for a CE like what we got with Oblivion. Despite being infected with Steam's nastiness I haven't canceled mine because those collectors pieces are still worth having even if the game and Valve's unwarranted interference may not be.

The statue and the art book are both well worth the price. I've run across instances of both were EACH ONE could sell for $150 alone depending on the subject matter. This isn't some piece of junk like what they gave us with FO3' date=' or a sad excuse for a CE like what we got with Oblivion. Despite being infected with Steam's nastiness I haven't canceled mine because those collectors pieces are still worth having even if the game and Valve's unwarranted interference may not be.[/quote']Thanks for the feedback Arthmoor.

I'd stay off the Skyrim forums between now and release. Seems a bunch of idiots are starting to post spoilers they're finding with no regard for those of us who don't want to see that in post titles.

I'd stay off the Skyrim forums between now and release. Seems a bunch of idiots are starting to post spoilers they're finding with no regard for those of us who don't want to see that in post titles.
Thanks for the advice. I really don't want to see those just yet.

I read some of the things on Tesnexus (taking the advice about Bethsoft), and if there is anything I could take away from it, its that Skyrim is going to be very much a mortal game and that the fanatical 'Woot, this is going to be the best game ever' are going to be a bit let down. Kinda like when Oblivion came out, actually.

Yup. Try as I might to burst their bubbles, they just keep on with their "haterz guna hate" attitude. I've since given up, if they want to believe Bethesda is promising the world to them, fine, all I will say is "told ya so" when they come back into the forums whining about this and that because they bought into the hype and expected the game to be more than what it could be. I keep my expectations low for a reason: so I will be able to see the game for what it actually is and not what the hype made it out to be.

Another confirmation of a feature that will need to be modded out:If you level up in combat (which functions in a more classic formula now: you gain a level, and receive an attribute point and a perk point to spend at your leisure), you will instantly get all of your health, magicka, and stamina back.So leveling up can be used as an easy button now? No thanks. :facepalm:

On the lighter side.....http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2011/10/crabarmorfull__3_.jpgIf it doesn't show up as an Easter Egg I'm guaranteeing you someone will mod the thing in :P@Thomas: Many RPGs I've played have had that as a feature forever. I don't think that would really bother me much. I'm pretty sure even Witcher 2 has that.

I'm not sold on the concept, though. Cuts do not magically heal themselves because my character is now strength grade 13, they magically heal themselves when I cast a spell to do so. I don't want to be rescued from heavy combat in such a way, it feels cheaty. I will never be able to get over the feeling that I am exploiting the system when that happens, and that is not a feeling I want looming over me when I play. Ergo, it goes.I AM sold on that armor, though. If anything, they aren't charging enough for it. :biggrin:

Some people in the thread I found that in (yes, I peeked, shame on me) are also talking about pet mudcrabs, which I think would be one of the coolest in-jokes of all time to turn into a companion. At which point crab armor makes more sense :PI dunno, loads of games have regeneration when out of combat too. Including Witcher 2. It's pretty widespread actually, unless it's a hardcore D&D game. Bethesda is probably just going with the flow in this case and doesn't really think it's an issue. Auto-healing at level up isn't that far out of line. Even the Nehrim team included that.

I HAVE TO HAVE THAT DLC! Yeah, that was a good laugh.Anyway, as far as the whole 'get your health, magicka and stamina back when you level up thing', while it doesn't bug me much, I prefer if it wasn't there. For realism reason's I think Thomas is right, although I am a bit meh about it. But and extra slice of realism won't hurt.

I'm sure some intrepid overhaul author is taking notes somewhere, silently. That person is not me btw as I don't fancy investing that kind of time.

Hopefully another Oscuro will come to the fore. Not that I think a Skyrim overhaul will be too similar to OOO, but someone with the dedication and attention to detail.

Well if he does, for the love of God, don't edit every last inch of the game. Please. "Is it compatible with OOO" is one of the most irritating things mod users keep asking and I simply quit responding to it. Much like I quit responding to "Is it compatible with BC".