Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

Dang. Southpaws are being discriminated against again.You can only put a shield in your left hand in Skyrim.Time to start canceling pre-orders and marching with signs outside Bethesda's office. :tongue:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Dang. Southpaws are being discriminated against again.

You can only put a shield in your left hand in Skyrim.

Time to start canceling pre-orders and marching with signs outside Bethesda's office. :tongue:

totally pointless and silly limitation to remove cool feature?Yep, par for the course at this point.Arthmoor, I take it you have a pic of rain pouring through an exterior roof?

For Christ sake, Bethesda, come on! It's not that hard, is it? Modders managed to do it for Morrowind, after all.Anyways, I've just posted about this in the official forums to gauge the response, and, as expected, it was the usual canned "game is not finished yet" argument. I know Bethesda, if you see bugs in the trailers, chances are it's not being fixed. What we are seeing is what Bethesda is satisfied with... satisfied with a ten-year-old very well known bug still in the engine. They need to do better than that.

Has there ever been a more annoying and useless "feature" than age verification? No, YouTube, I'm not going to make an account to watch a video because you're all worried about the children and that BS.Also, All of it.

@Thomas; and that guy who had a rage at you and said that it was old stuff that had been fixed? Where exactly is he getting that from? (since he didn't say I assume that he pulled it out of his ass)

Running commentary:- Shiny world, but we knew that.- HUD compass is in a really dumb spot. UI mods, ahoy!- Is that seriously the best font they could come up with? Sure, it's super readable, but looks awful and breaks immersion.- If I actually have to put up with that menu interface on the PC, I may shoot somebody.- If all the towns are this cool, Samson and I are going to have our work cut out for us.- Finally, a road texture that doesn't make me homicidal.- Cool horse. Come talk to me when I can fight somebody on it.- Good to know stealth archery is still as broken as it always was.- Awesome spider. Not so sold on that cave.- I require this magic system.- 4:10ish in the second video, now THAT is a cave.- Puzzles!- Badass lich is badass.- Apparently quest markers are spells now?- "And of course the Dark Brotherhood." Heh.- Our people require the ridable mammoth.- That "Suddenly, dragon!" bit never gets old.- At least the "blowing dragons up with lightning" part of the rain through the roof thing looks rad.- Nice Darth Vader scream there.- Also, I guess we can light our own dragonfires now... :P

@Thomas; and that guy who had a rage at you and said that it was old stuff that had been fixed? Where exactly is he getting that from? (since he didn't say I assume that he pulled it out of his ass)
Todd is God. His word is law.It also amuses me that so many people completely missed the point of that thread. I was not complaining about the rain, I was ranting about Bethesda not fixing a bug that is a decade old. This is a big budget AAA game, surely getting these old, dumb bugs fixed is not too much to ask?

I feel incredibly stupider for having read that entire thread. I need to remember to stay the hell out of the Skyrim forum.

He pulled it out of his ass. Or got it from the same morons who are claiming the game is still in alpha with less than 2 months before it's released.I may not be a braniac, but I've been in and around IT long enough to know that they left alpha no later than December 2010. They're probably already done with their beta testing by now too and have moved on to final refinements because very soon now the physical media has to be duplicated so it can be packed into God knows how many retail copies of the thing. Or I suppose I should say retail encryption keys.

I feel incredibly stupider for having read that entire thread. I need to remember to stay the hell out of the Skyrim forum.
I really have to facepalm at all the people who say "bu-bu-bu-bu-but... it's MAGIC rain!"Ugh... I weep for our future. :headbang:I could get into a lore explanation about how weather manipulation is one of the most difficult magics you can accomplish in TES, but I'm pretty sure brains would explode if I tried.

Well Todd did say it was lighting rain, so...Thing is, if they got lazy with one rain shader, they probably got lazy with all of them. We also haven't seen the snow system in action next to buildings. Supposedly that will have actual snow build-up.

Another day, another annoying bunch of dickheads on Beth forums.In this case there is a thread about multi-core support in skyrim. The people inside it are whinging about how no bethesda game has ever used more than two cores and how we don't get a 64bit exe (ok, to be fair we should be getting one, but its not devastating) because apparently any modded Oblivion install could blow the limit, even with the LAA patch, in minutes. I pointed out to them that the Fallout games did have multi-core support and asked why they thought Skyrim would be a step backwards. I got the response that I was wrong and that Fallout 3/NV only used two cores each and that then more rambling crap about the lack of a 64bit exe breaking the game. Idiots.

My 4-core CPU would like a word with these people. For it got a good workout with Fallout 3. I didn't even need this much touted quad-core fix thing that was out there. Which, you know, should have given these guys a clue that quad-core support exists if you can simply change an ini setting to fix it.There's no way in hell Bethesda is going to regress back to a single-core setup for Skyrim. They would be openly savaged for it by any reviewer worth their salt. A 64 bit exe would be nice, but fat chance of that happening before the XBox 720.Also, the whiners are wrong. Oblivion doesn't even use two cores, and it will only explode the memory limit with too many mods. LAA only fails to address this for those people who insist on trying to wedge 500 mods into the game when they know it can't handle that. Either that, or these whiners happen to have a mod with a catastrophic memory leak. Like the one I know is in Nehrim.

WTF, Bethesda? Forced third-person camera while riding?It's not like Oblivion had any problems with the 1st person animations for horses. Why get rid of them?

What Thomas is trying to rant about is that Bethesda has confirmed (on Pete Hines' Twitter account) that all horse riding will be done in 3rd person ONLY. As will ALL of the lame brained combat finishing moves they've added. You cannot play the game exclusively in first person if you intend to ride horses or actually kill stuff.

I see.I'm guessing we can't fight from our god damned horses again, either, thus making them useless pieces of shit. Again.

Nope. No mounted combat. Horses are as near useless as in Oblivion.Also: #1000 is mine. ALL MINE.

Oh crap. I've tried riding horses in 3rd person and it doesn't work well. Ok' date=' let's hope the 3rd person camera is fixed...[/quote']For me, the issue is the animations. Horses ride like they are ponies. And now I'm going to have to endure that. Being someone who spends a good deal of time with horses, I'm not sure how long I will be able to stand it, especially if that tail is swishing around all over the place when they are running. Those are some of the crappiest horse animations I have ever seen. Oblivion's were far better, and considering the difference in animation techniques between the two games, I seriously cannot understand why Bethesda dropped the ball on this so hard.