• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Hana

• Arthmoor

• Conner

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of. I'm basically wavering between cutting two thirds of the quests or all the quests, since I mostly can't be bothered to give a shit about them at this point. Other than dialogue stuff, I've pretty much got a couple icons and a tavern sign and I'm done.

Ooo, sexy.Please don't cut any quests, some of us do give a shit. You've gone this far. Take your time, until the mood strikes you again.

Ooo' date=' sexy.

Please don't cut any quests, some of us do give a shit. You've gone this far. Take your time, until the mood strikes you again.[/quote']I second that. I would rather wait for the complete mod.

• 1 month later...

That would probably help I'm sure :PI know popular opinion says wait until the quests are done, but seeing it even without those would be cool while there's still some Oblivion left to be played.

• 4 weeks later...

So this needs one last gasp, I think. Here's the thing. As we've discussed before, I have somewhere around zero modding motivation at this time. Rather more importantly, I just don't have the time between the other zillion things I'm trying/need to accomplish. But, since most of you have been following this for over a year now, I figure there are a couple of options I can offer that see you guys actually getting to walk around in the mausoleum.- I release it as a sort of alpha release here on AFK Mods. Everything is there, except all the quest stuff and some dialogue, and what there is of that is probably broken. Couple of minor missing details, like _far.nifs and a solitary tavern sign. The actual mausoleum is pretty much complete, however.- Somebody (or multiple sombodies) volunteers to do what's left, and I pass it off to them, along with the reasonably complete notes I have on all of the quests, NPC schedules, etc. I'd be happy to play advisor, I just don't have the time to put the major work in. I'd be happy to see something like this released to the public with coauthor credit, etc.Not really thrilled by doing things like this, but the alternative really is that everything languishes on my hard drive until the end of time. So, input welcomed and all that.

*raises hand*I'd be happy to take it off your hands, hon, since I have a real vested interest in seeing it born.

+1 for a handoff to Hana. I'm sure by now everyone has realized I'm in the bag for Skyrim and the last two bits of Oblivion modding I have left in me are still languishing on my own hard drive. I'm sure I'll get the tie-in part of the Vergayun update done soon enough, but for now the CK beta is taking up most of my time.I'm sure we can all lend a hand in some way toward getting the mausoleum out there to be seen. It would be a shame to see it get buried on a drive somewhere.

I'll see what I can do about getting it packed up and ready for you, in that case. May take a bit. Busy.

Sitting in the beta files section. Includes notes. Notes may be cryptic. Feel free to ask me WTF crack I was smoking at the time, what I was going for with the characters, what's up with the giant plague of mountain lions, etc.

I've grabbed it as well. Will take a look as time permits. I can do the _far.nif assuming Hana doesn't end up just using Blender to do that :P

Sure, go ahead, that's the easy part :PThe hard part is decifering the quests...I'm confused. You mention conditions such as Jauffre and Martin having a hand in things. Which means to me a hundred different ways to set up this quest depending on where the player is during the MQ. That kind of scripting might be beyond me.I also thought Uriel was going to be in the crypt, so a post MQ building. :huh:

Actually I'm confused as to what's going on with the Blades one myself. You have talk of speechcraft checks at 25, but ways to reduce that by 30 points. I r lost.

Basically, the player enters a room, and there's 500 mountain lions. That's the quest....no. As far as the Blades one goes, let's see if I can remember where I was going with that.So the whole idea with Mangevar is that he's a retired Blade, I think maybe I had him get hurt or something, also he's pretty old. But he's completely distraught at the Emperor's assassination, so he's keeping vigil and basically castigating himself nonstop for not being there to save Uriel.The fact that this is a completely ludicrous line of thinking is basically the whole point of the quest, and the idea is to give the player a chance to tell him look, it's not your fault, you can still help, etc. I've got it set up (or think I do) so that he'll only talk to you outside, vigil time is no-go and he won't talk to you at all.I want to run it basically like any of a hundred Bioware conversations - he talks about how much he failed, you point out that he was a Blade or whatever (speechcraft 25), he makes some emo rebuttal, then you talk about how much the emperor needs him, etc. (speechcraft 50). You make that check, he sees the light, packs up his gear, and moves himself to Cloud Ruler Temple. If it's at all possible, the idea was also to have him tag along during the battle of Bruma, but that may be too hard.The whole thing with Jauffre/Martin/Blades works like this:- Are you a Blade? 10 off each check.- Have you talked to Jauffre about Mangevar (through whatever means)? 10 off each check.- Via another 25 speechcraft check, you can convince Martin (who you'll recall is super emo about getting people killed basically the whole way through) to lend a hand, which gives you another 10 off.Way you set that up is through a series of dialogue conditions and choices. Few ways to do it, but offhand, what you want to do is set up a couple of quest variables, like TalkedToJauffre and TalkedToMartin. A GetInFaction check should work for the Blades. Then, set up the conversation topics as you normally would. For each time you're doing the speechcraft check, you'll need a series of responses inside the player's topic: nothing at all, in Blades, in Blades/Jauffre, in Blades/Jauffre/Martin, in Blades/Martin, Martin/Jauffre. Check the player's speechcraft at whatever the obvious level is (25/15/5/0 or 50/40/30/20), go. I think I have a couple examples of doing this in AFK_Weye - Milos Dranilu uses Disposition, but same idea, or Goods For Thalonias.Too, obviously there needs to be a couple of mods done - if the player doesn't know about Cloud Ruler Temple yet, obviously nobody can reference it. If it's post-Battle of Bruma, probably can't even get the quest. Maybe another one or two I've forgotten. That's pretty much all simple dialogue condition stuff though.Does that make sense?As far as Uriel, he's on the dais up top, not in the crypt room. The four shrines are sort of vaguely meant to be his sons including Martin, but I sort of deliberately left that vague.The exterior should probably get a once over optimization in Blender before you go trying to _far.nif it, since there's a fair bit you probably don't need in there, but whatevs.

I'll need to absorb this, cuz that's... yeah...Not to mention the fact we'll need a check for Alternative Beginnings and the "don't kill the Emperor yet' start.

Well for that all you need to do is check to see if Uriel is still alive. Then it won't matter whose mod has prevented his death.

Entirely disabled? Um. Maybe I'm missing something but this was supposed to be more than just Uriel's tomb, yes? Why would the whole thing be missing? No way in hell they'd get something this big built in the time frame of a few days.

No, true, but like I said, still trying to absorb this. At the very least then Uriel and his sons tombs.Unless I'm making too big a deal of this there's going to be a lot of MQ stage checks throughout.