[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

This 2.0.4 changelog is amazingly impressive, thank you so much ! Testing it. :)

I am especially grateful for the Ustengrav fix. I noticed these lines in the Papyrus log when I go to Ustengrav (they were present before installing the USKP beta), I don't know if it's important :

[05/05/2014 - 10:52:05AM] Error:  (0002137D): does not have 3d and cannot have an effect shader played on it.
stack:
[ (00075272)].EffectShader.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (0002820E)].defaultOwnZombie.MakeZombie() - "defaultOwnZombie.psc" Line 61
[ (0002820E)].defaultOwnZombie.OnLoad() - "defaultOwnZombie.psc" Line 30
[05/05/2014 - 10:52:05AM] Error:  (0002137C): does not have 3d and cannot have an effect shader played on it.
stack:
[ (00075272)].EffectShader.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (0002820E)].defaultOwnZombie.MakeZombie() - "defaultOwnZombie.psc" Line 61
[ (0002820E)].defaultOwnZombie.OnLoad() - "defaultOwnZombie.psc" Line 31

edit: i fixed the specular issue and the potatoe plant.

the whiterun piece was easy enough to keep track of, if using the node explorer. specular color and strength were set too high on the node. i fixed that and also perfectly aligned the UV. people with high res textures will thank me (or they won't because their observatorial skills are actually not good enough to really appreciate their high res textures :-P)

the plant was annnoying. it seems the two branches for the soil were indeed slightly different. i circumvented this, by copying the soil-mesh data from the unharvested branch to the harvested nif-branch.

you can get the files here: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1236-gruftlords-beta-improvements-1/

Got those, they seem to work as advertised, so thanks. I'll have to make a note of that plant thing if this ever comes up again :P

The low-res version of that axe texture was already taken care of. The hi-res bug was opened after I realized it too was bad. So there's no need to worry about the low-rest version.

On the Whiterun terrain shadows:

000510e3 - All shadow receive/cast flags are set already.

000506e0, 0001a3ca, 0002ac90 - Fixed up and added to the changelog.

This 2.0.4 changelog is amazingly impressive, thank you so much ! Testing it. :)

I am especially grateful for the Ustengrav fix. I noticed these lines in the Papyrus log when I go to Ustengrav (they were present before installing the USKP beta), I don't know if it's important :

Ugh, yeah, it means there's going to need to be a trigger box placed inside the dungeon to handle dealing with that. Not a big deal, but stupidly necessary because of how the visual effects systems work. At least they're BEHAVING properly regardless, which would not have been possible (cleanly anyway) without moving the trigger outside.

Ugh, yeah, it means there's going to need to be a trigger box placed inside the dungeon to handle dealing with that. Not a big deal, but stupidly necessary because of how the visual effects systems work. At least they're BEHAVING properly regardless, which would not have been possible (cleanly anyway) without moving the trigger outside.

Thank you Arthmoor. I don't know if it's related to these Papyrus errors, but in fact the Ustengrav fix is not "bulletproof" in my game. I explain :

I did four tests. Every time the scene between the two necromancers started when I sneakily approached them, so the missing scene is indeed fixed. But on two tests, one of the thralls was attacking the second one. And here comes the funny and weird thing : the thrall (on the left) dies (I suppose it's scripted in the scene), and the necromancer launches the spell to resurrect him. I can see the magic resurrecting missile (sorry, I don't know how to call it) hit the spot where the thrall is supposed to be, but since he moved a little bit to attack his fellow thrall, the magic missile hit the ground and the thrall doesn't resurrect. Then the scene normally continues with the necromancers hearing the sound of the fight in the second room and they leave to join the battle.

Like I said it's not consistent and it's not a big deal since the previously missing scene plays every time now, but I thought you could be interested by these tests. :)

000510e3 - All shadow receive/cast flags are set already.

ok, so that mean the engine will ignore shadow casters, that are too low. maybe dependent on the shadow bias scale in the ini. good to know, so i won't have to bother you with too many of these settings in the future.

also, i'm making massive progress with nifskope, and am able to fix a lot of little things myself now.

in the making are currently:

improved version of the whiterungreymane base (extra triangle removed and replaced by a triangle within the propper ninode), maybe an improved version of the farmhats.

what i'd like to learn is how you did fix those shadow errors. could you give a brief explenetion or a picture, how it's done? i'd like to learn it myself.

also, i'm confident now, that i will provide a good high res version of the daedric axe, with diffuse specular AND normal map (the latter one is missing from the beta in low res). making a low res version should be quick with a high res version at hand, and i think my solution will be better than the one present. if i understand it right, there should still be some time left, until it goes life, and if you want, you can compare my work in progress picture with the texture currently present in the beta, to see how much the texture will improve.

gallery_1501_24_97872.jpg

edit: unfortunatelly i have another beta bug report:

the decal layer on this fixed mesh now suffers from the issue that was originally reported for the dirt layer

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/gallery/image/2056-another-beta-issue/

[snip]

what i'd like to learn is how you did fix those shadow errors. could you give a brief explenetion or a picture, how it's done? i'd like to learn it myself.

I think everything was explained in this topic, and also this one. Just a tiny unchecked flag issue, and/or surfaces transparent from one side.

I think everything was explained in this topic, and also this one. Just a tiny unchecked flag issue, and/or surfaces transparent from one side.

thanks, i'll give it a closer look.

btw, i updated my beta improvements: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1236-gruftlords-beta-improvements-1/

the isolated triangle in the whiterun ground is gone and replaced by a propper triangle in the main mesh

Maybe it's intended for the actual beta, but many modified dubbings are still uncompressed.

What do you mean by uncompressed? They should all be .fuz files, which are the compressed format the game uses.

No, that wasn't intentional. They'll be fixed for the live release. Thanks :)

A supposed audio splice for an Astrid dialogue is undocumented in the log : Data\sound\voice\skyrim.esm\femaleuniqueastrid\darkbrothe_dbastridnightmo_00022f32_3.fuz (ref 00022f32). I don't own the original american voice acting, but the corresponding subtitle is absolutely unchanged. So, I can't say if there was really an error in the audio or if the fuz file presence is unintentional :

Today, she's... well, she's a skeleton. An ancient corpse. But, more importantly, a corpse that's been brought to this Sanctuary by her Keeper.

The audio is there to correct what's in the text, because it's being said before Cicero has actually arrived, so it should read:

Today, she's... well, she's a skeleton. An ancient corpse. But, more importantly, a corpse that's being brought to this Sanctuary by her Keeper.

So what's in the CK (as I am seeing it right now with the USKP not loaded) is correct already.

The audio is there to correct what's in the text, because it's being said before Cicero has actually arrived, so it should read:

So what's in the CK (as I am seeing it right now with the USKP not loaded) is correct already.

Kivan edited the subtitle to "match" the text, changing "being" to "been"; that made no sense plot-wise, so I did a splice. Kivan's subtitle edit should be removed.

A user from the french community reported that the fix for issue 14472 doesn't work. More infos and Papyrus logs coming soon.

Hmm. Ok. Got that fixed now. It needed retro script support even though adding new properties has never demanded we do that before.

Is there a backlog of problems to fix before the next version on the mod(s)?

Also, in a completly unreleated matter, how long does it normal take for someone to look into a problem when it is reported though TracDown?

No backlog per se, bit the current beta was planned to run at least for 2 weeks , because it contains some rather complex fixes and the team wanted to give it enough time to see if any errors show up.

If your report is something rather easy to fix expect a comment once work begins on a new version. Usually that comment will then just state that the bug has been fixed. The overall backlog of the uskp is pretty short nowadays, so you need not worry that it might get overlooked. After all, this is what the tracker is for

Thanks for the answer. I imagine it takes a lot of time to find out if bug fixes have affected the game in other places. Although you’d have to go pretty far in order to beat some of the bugs that were created by the official game and patches, levitating mammoths, dragons flying backwards and broken elemental resistances come to mind.

All changed to FXDragonMoundScript

All changes to FXDragonMoundScript

LItemEnchCircletEnchanting will hold the unused EnchCircletWaterbreathing in order to prevent hold in lists

LItemEnchCircletEnchanting will hold the unused EnchCircletWaterbreathing in order to prevent holes in lists

The broke Nordic ruins table had bad collision

The broken Nordic ruins table had bad collision

I don't understand an actual modification. I don't know when this happened but I noticed a change in the papyrus fragments from dialog topics ref 000a34c0 and 000a34c1.

Vanilla :

[snip]

FavorJarlsMakeFriends.HaafingarImpGetOutofJail = 2

USKP 2.0.4 :

[snip]

FavorJarlsMakeFriends.HaafingarImpGetOutofJail = 2

FavorJarlsMakeFriends.HaafingarSonsGetOutofJail = 2

I'm unable to find the related issue in the tracker. So, what's the aim of this modification ? Should it be extended to every hold ?

The only (apparently) related topic is from USKP 1.0 log :

Actor Fixes

• Imperial guards in Solitude will now have have the missing arrest dialog option recognizing if the player is Thane of Haafingar

@Nico:

Reworked the original USKP 1.0 fix for Elisif and the player not being able to use their free jail pass once the Stormcloaks take Solitude. (Bug #15088)

[05/17/2014 - 10:37:21PM] ERROR: [QF_dunEmbershardQST_000B6FEF <dunEmbershardQST (000B6FEF)>] not started by [defaultsetStageTrigSCRIPT < (0006A4A1)>]. Please report this to the USKP team.

Brand new game started earlier today, all old saves and logs removed before starting. Nothing else of interest in the log.

Load Order:-

Update.esm
USKP (2.0.4)
SBBasement.esm
no killmoves, no killcams, no killbites.esp

Note to self:- Game15Logs\Papyrus.0002.log

[edit] Reposted as a new thread in case it gets buried in here and missed. [/edit]