[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Skyrim Patch

Arthmoor

The stuff for Retro201 is expected. That was relocated to Retro203. I did not see the ones for MS06 or CritterDragonFly in my testing.

In vanilla, fWaitingToDieTimer existed in all the critter scripts, but was only used in 2 of them. USKP 1.3.3 (IIRC) removed them from some scripts where they weren't used. USKP 2.0.1 put them back, because I used them in all the duplicated OnCellDetach.

That didn't work for existing critters in savegames. However, it merely changed a timeout constant from 10.0 to 0.0, so not a big deal as we wanted them to disappear fast anyway.

For 2.0.3, we now have a single unified OnCellDetach. I didn't bother making a constant for the timeout. So the fWaitingToDieTimer was superfluous again in most critters. It is still used elsewhere in 2 critters.

Normally, I'd leave such variables in place. They don't hurt anything. Since USKP had previously removed these in the past, I've also removed them to match. Just trying to be as precisely compatible with vanilla and every previous version of USKP.

Got one for you guys, it's a Blood on the Ice bug (Please don't hurt me :P). Patch notes state that Calixto was changed to drop his key on death. This does not actually happen as the death item list that was created for this was not actually added to him.

Got one for you guys, it's a Blood on the Ice bug (Please don't hurt me :P). Patch notes state that Calixto was changed to drop his key on death. This does not actually happen as the death item list that was created for this was not actually added to him.

Already reported here : http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/tracdown/issue/15031-calixto-is-missing-his-key/

;)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I should mention this in case anyone haven't notice before and what I'm referring to are the doors (left and right side) on High Hrothgar when entering from High Hrothgar Courtyard exterior to High Hrothgar interior.

If I go out then the door marker is correct, but when I go in then the door marker aren't correct.  Because if I take the right door then I'll be standing on the left side and the same thing happen if I enter the left side then I'll be standing on the right side.

I'd like to report a quest bug that's probably related with USKP (meaning it causes it).

It's about dunMossMotherQST.

Whenever i aproach Valdr for the first time he just says : much better friend thank you, (but i didn't heal him).

I've used tes5edit and seen that uskp added a script directly related with valdrs healing or rather added the new one and cancelled out the old.

This didn't happen in older versions of uskp so guess this is it. When it happend for me for the last 3 characters i was at a low level 8.

I can tell you that no mod in my load order edits valdrs npc or the dunmossmotherqst (no mod other than USKP that is)

Please check it out

I'd like to report a quest bug that's probably related with USKP (meaning it causes it).

Whenever i aproach Valdr for the first time he just says : much better friend thank you, (but i didn't heal him).

I've used tes5edit and seen that uskp added a script directly related with valdrs healing or rather added the new one and cancelled out the old.

This didn't happen in older versions of uskp so guess this is it. When it happend for me for the last 3 characters i was at a low level 8.

I can tell you that no mod in my load order edits valdrs npc or the dunmossmotherqst (no mod other than USKP that is)

Please check it out

I thought that the latest version of the USKP fixed this issue. Are you sure that you have version 2.0.3 installed? If you have an older version of USKP installed, try updating to 2.0.3 and loading a save prior to starting this quest and see if that fixes your problem.

From the patch notes (under  v. 2.0.2 and quest fixes):

Valdr will no longer trigger his script to keep him damaged when the quest has not started. Further, he will now no longer heal himself before the player has a chance to do so.

I'm quite sure that i was using v2.02a for the last one. I'll try a new game with v2.03 when civil war overhaul 3 is released

Edit: I've just loaded a save before getting to valdr with v2.03 and guess what it's still the same. Valdr just walks up to me and says his "much better thanks friend" line.

How come this is happening?? i've never had this problem before with older versions of uskp and the latest skyrim version.

Another thing that's been bothering me a lot lately is the problem of normall friendly npcs getting hostile at me.

Another person described it on the bethesda forums. http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1489868-normally-friendly-npcs-are-suddenly-hostile/

I played through skyrim a hundred times before but never ever did something like this come up for me and now it happens regulary at each and every playthrough

and it happens at the begginig of the game when i'm a low level character. I had maybe 2 assaults and suddenly npcs like talsgar the wanderer or uthgerd the unbroken attack me on the road and then all the riverwood civilians go berserk.

The only sollution to this is to commit a crime and pay the bounty, after that everything seems fine. Until i assault another helpless bandit :(

As i said before this never happend before. It would be nice if Arthmoor could look into this, pretty please.

Or maybe just a comment about it.

from what i've seen this issue happens for many people in the exact same manner but for some reason it's ignored by the skyrim "fixers".

Valdr's script used to work by checking his current health and seeing if it had increased from his damaged health (1 health); however, if the player triggered dunMossMotherQST and then left to level up, Valdr's health would increase because his level increased. Of course, that would make his health greater than one, so his script assumed that he was healed.

The new script deprecates this entire scripting-intensive section and simply checks if he's had a restore health spell applied. Of course, if Valdr's already treated as being healed because of the vanilla script, then our fix won't take effect, but it won't interfere with quest progression.

As for that hostility issue, we can't fix game engine issues, sorry.

So either I've got another a script that's overwriting the vanilla dunMossMotherQST script in the scripts folder and making it active or

my game doesn't read the silenced script from the USKP bsa or

once i start a new game now with v2.03 everything will work fine. Doubt the latter.

Ok so the hostlity is an engine bug, seems strange to me that it didn't show it's ugly face to me when i played skyrim for 2 years. It just did recently and seems to be really abusive all of a sudden. Now that's one sneaky ninja bug.

The fix for Valdr in USKP 2.02a is working as intended and I can confirm the script works. 

So you must have something that's blocking the USKP fixes for Valdr and it could be almost anything e.g loose script, mods (doesn't have USKP fixes included) or you have uninstalled a mod in the middle of a game, which is NOT recommended and just a reminder the *clean a gamesave* method doesn't exist or work in Skyrim due to Papyrus.

Well I didn't add or remove any mods midplay, and none of my mods touch valdrs npc or the quest itself.

Must be another script messing things up

On my current attempt, I've been bugged by a couple of Wilderness Interactions that didn't give a magic item at level 2 and now level 6. I'm trying to track them down. I've found two problems so far: circlets and necklaces. The necklace problem was introduced by USKP itself!

I've posted a patch: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1144-fix-circlet-necklace/

But could use some help looking for other leveled list problems. Please!

The necklace problem was introduced by USKP itself!

To be fair Arathmoor has already agreed fixing one thing can easily uncover a rabbit hole of bugs

I've got no good way to test Brelyna below level 8. But the Preview Calculated Result button with a level of 1-8 does indeed yield no necklace, as one might expect. And UESP confirms.

With my patch to the necklace LItems to remove the hole (set level 8 as the minimum call for this list), LItemEnchNecklaceResistMagic could add a duplicate change the top line from level 8 to 1. This will never show up in game loot, but should give a reward for Brelyna's Practice.

Is this something we should do? Is there clear intent that nobody less than level 8 should ever have a necklace of resist magic? (But they can have a ring or shield at level 1.)

EDIT: Her dialogue clearly indicates "I have this amulet you could take." It's not conditioned by level. AFAICT, the whole conversation isn't conditioned by level, either.

UPDATE: This conflict was really caused by USKP overly simplistic changing the <= PC level, making ResistMagic loot different than all other loot. A better solution is to copy the original <= PC version into a new LItemEnchNecklaceResistMagicLoot for the leveled lists, and rename the USKP change to LItemEnchNecklaceResistMagicReward that is only used by Brelyna's Practice. This is completely backward compatible, involving no changes to Properties. Updated: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1144-fix-circlet-necklace/

The UESP Brelyna Maryon page has a Conversations section indicating Brelyna was supposed to talk with Onmund and Arniel, but doesn't due to a bug: "Brelyna will never initiate conversation with other College members, as all the scenes were set in the Hall of Countenance, where none of them will ever meet."

DialogueWinterholdCollegeDormitoryScene03, DialogueWinterholdCollegeDormitoryScene04, and DialogueWinterholdCollegeDormitoryScene06 do not have Quest Dialogue Conditions. Are they elsewhere?

UPDATE: discussed at http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1489180-relz-unofficial-skyrim-patch-thread-40/?p=23516780

I haven't notice this before, but if you're unlucky then it will be almost impossible to complete Arngeir's Word Of Power quest in Valthume since there are iron bars blocking your path to read the word wall.

Because it depends how the battle goes and end when fighting two Draugr Deathlords and one Draugr just in front of the word wall when collecting one of three vessels that contains Henvoraak's blood in this quest.

So I suggest to add *fix* that changes the behavior of the iron bars and let them go down once the enemies are killed otherwise you must use the tcl or another command in the console to be able to read the word wall and finish Arngeir's Word Of Power quest.  Perhaps change the appearance of the enemies and what I mean is that you can read the word wall and picking up the vessel, but only after you have done that the enemies will be active.

Yes this *bug* issue can be reproduced since it depends what result you'll have from the battle.

Maybe it's a bug and maybe it isn't, but it is also so easy to reopen the bars it is probably not worth the effort to "fix" it even if it is. The top of the pedestal holding the vessel is a switch, so:-

Simply jump onto the top and off again and the bars will open.

Place an item (anything will do, like a Linen Wrap) on the top then remove it - the bars will open.

Shout at it - FusRohDah should work - the bars will open. You can even use FusRohDah if you manage to get locked in by the bars resetting while you're behind them.

Place an item (anything will do, like a Linen Wrap) on the top then remove it - the bars will open.

Shout at it - FusRohDah should work - the bars will open. You can even use FusRohDah if you manage to get locked in by the bars resetting while you're behind them.

Do you know how hard it's to actually place an item on the pedestal in comparison to either Morrowind or Oblivion?

I didn't know that about shouting down the iron bars.  Thanks for the tip. :)

Oops...  I forgot to mention in my previous post about the iron bars, because at some point there were a few iron bars that was down while the rest was up, so I think this is bug or perhaps a *fixable* engine bug.

Yes, I had noticed how difficult it is, but you don't have to actually "place" anything on top, just position it so it presses down the switch without releasing the object is sufficient.

If some bars were up and others down then that's probably an engine bug. I've never seen that happen, though I have had to retrigger the switch once or twice. Try retriggering it a couple of times - like the issue in Saarthal where pulling the chain twice allowed you through the gate.

I've got no good way to test Brelyna below level 8. But the Preview Calculated Result button with a level of 1-8 does indeed yield no necklace, as one might expect. And UESP confirms.

With my patch to the necklace LItems to remove the hole (set level 8 as the minimum call for this list), LItemEnchNecklaceResistMagic could add a duplicate change the top line from level 8 to 1. This will never show up in game loot, but should give a reward for Brelyna's Practice.

Is this something we should do? Is there clear intent that nobody less than level 8 should ever have a necklace of resist magic? (But they can have a ring or shield at level 1.)

EDIT: Her dialogue clearly indicates "I have this amulet you could take." It's not conditioned by level. AFAICT, the whole conversation isn't conditioned by level, either.

UPDATE: This conflict was really caused by USKP overly simplistic changing the <= PC level, making ResistMagic loot different than all other loot. A better solution is to copy the original <= PC version into a new LItemEnchNecklaceResistMagicLoot for the leveled lists, and rename the USKP change to LItemEnchNecklaceResistMagicReward that is only used by Brelyna's Practice. This is completely backward compatible, involving no changes to Properties. Updated: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1144-fix-circlet-necklace/

from the creation kit wiki: Calculate from all levels <= PC's level: If checked, the level list will use any item at or below the player's level in the list. If not checked, it uses the closest item or items to the player's level, but not exceeding it.

looks like that change should indeed be reverted, since it does not do what the author of the fix thougt it does.

aside from adding a separate list for the quest reward, why not just drop the lowest item down to a level requirement of 1? is this in disagreement with other leveled magic lists?

A better solution is to copy the original <= PC version into a new LItemEnchNecklaceResistMagicLoot for the leveled lists, and rename the USKP change to LItemEnchNecklaceResistMagicReward that is only used by Brelyna's Practice. This is completely backward compatible, involving no changes to Properties.

My attempt to avoid modifying the quest property probably isn't good for modders changing the leveled lists. They'd change the reward list instead.

So I've swapped into the more obvious reward as the new record. I also simply subtracted 7 from the levels, so that Brelyna always gives a reward and it is 7 levels before you'd get the same on a leveled list. I'm not sure whether the property is [NR] or not.

from the creation kit wiki: Calculate from all levels <= PC's level: ...

looks like that change should indeed be reverted, since it does not do what the author of the fix thougt it does.

I'm sure he knew what it does. It was just a shortcut to doing what the bug ticket asked. Unfortunately, it had side effects.

aside from adding a separate list for the quest reward, why not just drop the lowest item down to a level requirement of 1? is this in disagreement with other leveled magic lists?

Yes, that's what I meant a few posts back by "change the top line from level 8 to 1." What I've done now is subtract 7 from every line in the reward. A little Brelyna bonus.

Yes, you don't want to do that for the loot LItems, which were clearly intended to start at 8. Instead, I've changed the starting level in the All and All25 lists to match, eliminating the hole for loot.

Updated: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/files/file/1144-fix-circlet-necklace/