Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

Not seeing a Docs Tab in the latest Nexus build.

@Alt: Has it been pulled, or is the Readme.html#tools-docs no longer current? Thanks.

Ah, get you now, thanks. Well then it works only esp plugins. Readmes associated with texture packs or things like Darn can't be read with it then?

No it was designed to be a browser for installed plugins docs

I suppose you could always add multiple bashed patches purely for the purpose of associating a mods docs which dont have a plugin, and dont enable the plugin as active. Not ideal .. Maybe a request for an enhancement to add orphaned (without a plugin) docs

Getting old icon resize crash bug. I'm using the bleeding edge python version downloaded today, windows 10. The workaround 16-24-32, which used to work with me, isn't working either. Tried changing from the mods tab, installers tab, mods-installers-mods. It always crashes pythonw.exe. Tried to run that as administrator, to no avail.

EDIT: I thought the issue resizing the icons was fixed at one point, wasn't it? I thought I tested a fix at one point in the past.

Mator Smash is now at version 1.0.1, and has gone live on Nexus ..

.. Its different in its approach to patching but I must admit its pretty good

Never replace Wrye Bash ofc, its too useful as a Mod Manager and everything else it does.

But for anyone who wants more detailled patching (even at the sub-record level) for the newer games which Wrye Bash just cannot do yet, its impressive. Oblivion Bash users have all the patchers they will ever need with Wrye Bash, but for Skyrim SE and FO4 Mator Smash is very much appreciated.

Still need to use a Bashed Patch though for all games .. It does not do Game Specific Tweaks like the Bashed Patch does, nor will it fully merge a mod.

Adding Mator Smash to the Wrye Bash ToolBar use a Custom Launcher ( wherever you have installed Smash, right click its icon and choose "Send to .. Desktop", then copy that desktop icon into <gamename> \ Mopy \ Apps \ .. The desktop copy icon can then be deleted ) 

90987-1525215288-737821601.png

Long time user of Wrye Bash. Thank you for your hard work. Using 307.20180420... version on SSE.

I have a plugin that contains only SNDR records and adds multiple ANAM records.When I build a patch, WB merges this plugin but only includes the last ANAM record for each SNDR. I saw a note from 2014 that briefly mentioned this issue. It only seems to happen if the plugin can be merged. Any chance of fixing this?

To recreate: create a plugin. override any SNDR record. Add an ANAM record. Build the patch. Workaround - add a worldspace override so the plugin is no longer merged.

Thank you.

Anything in this 7-Zip vulnerability update need to be accounted for in Bash?

11 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Anything in this 7-Zip vulnerability update need to be accounted for in Bash?

AFAIK, it only affects the 64 bit version of 7-Zip and WB uses the 32 bit version.

What branch of code is everyone testing on these days? The "bleeding edge" link in the 2nd post doesn't seem to have changed at all since the last time I grabbed it.

I'm on the 20th April night build standalone 307.201804202117, I dont think there has been any other updates since ..

To grab either source or standalone or installer its the same link as always at the end of the second post "307 WB wip standalone"

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7b5ily482re0khs/AAD3vAWMVJNIpuS30tsdVte5a?dl=0

Utumno did mention pushing to dev the next day, but professionally he is real busy so I am not sure if it got done.

3 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

What branch of code is everyone testing on these days? The "bleeding edge" link in the 2nd post doesn't seem to have changed at all since the last time I grabbed it.

307.201804202117 the top build from here: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/branches

It says FO3 but works fine with FO4 and Oblivion.

Test using "wrye-bash-150-fo3-fnv-support_20180420_2117" (WB307) against Fallout New Vegas on Win7SP1.
Error initializing WB.  Problem did not occur previously with version 20180415_1849.

Note I did edit the BASH.INI file to add some additional comment lines detailing files in the related folders between the two tests.

Debug log:

Spoiler

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201804202117
OS info: Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
input encoding: UTF8; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs
command line: ['Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw', '--debug']
bash.py  286 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.py   82 _supportedGames:  FalloutNV: E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.py  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to FalloutNV based on sOblivionPath setting in bash.ini:  E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
bush.py  161 __setGame:  Using FalloutNV game: E:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas
mods_metadata.py   39 <module>: Failed to import the loot_api module: (No module named loot_api)
testing UAC
Wrye Bash encountered an error.
Please post the information below to the official thread at:
https://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4966-wrye-bash-all-games/& or
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/38798/relz-wrye-bash-oblivion-skyrim-skyrim-se-fallout-4/

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\bash.py", line 227, in main
    _main(opts)
  File "bash\bash.py", line 393, in _main
    app.Init() # Link.Frame is set here !
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3981, in Init
    self.InitData(progress)
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 4023, in InitData
    bosh.iniInfos = bosh.INIInfos()
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1545, in __init__
    bass.settings['bash.ini.choice']]
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 1555, in ini
    self._ini = BestIniFile(ini_path)
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 941, in BestIniFile
    INICount = IniFile.formatMatch(abs_ini_path)
  File "bash\bosh\ini_files.py", line 61, in formatMatch
    with path.open('r') as ini_file:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'open'

-Dubious-

Super busy indeed so I just skimmed through - @Vrugdush the error is because CBash changes working directory - I thought I fixed that but apparently raised its ugly head again - will have to investigate

@Dubious - it can't find the main ini - or whatever ini you were displaying in the ini tab - can you link me to your BashSettings.dat?

@tedjones no work on the patcher, unfortunately - except if more coders turn up

@Sharlikran I hope by the time you finish the fo3 merge will be done

For icon resize we have to upgrade wx - and this has a couple issues - see #15

The current bleeding edge branch is 150-fo3-fnv-support - this now contains all utumno-wip changes and also (surprise!) FO3/FNV support

https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/tree/150-fo3-fnv-support

I was greatly held back by the LOOT crash but now that this seems about to be fixed I packed another standalone for beta3 complete with loot, based on the branch above and including the patched loot api by @WrinklyNinja

Please use that from now on for testing

Edited by Utumno
typos

BashSettings files from both WF17 and after processed by WB307 ("wrye-bash-150-fo3-fnv-support_20180420_2117").

BTW: When you said to add my "migration guide from Wrye Flash to Wrye Bash" to the wiki, which wiki did you mean?  Github, AFKMods (do they have one?), Nexus, or somewhere else?

-Dubious-

12 minutes ago, Dubious said:

BashSettings files from both WF17 and after processed by WB307 ("wrye-bash-150-fo3-fnv-support_20180420_2117").

BTW: When you said to add my "migration guide from Wrye Flash to Wrye Bash" to the wiki, which wiki did you mean?  Github, AFKMods (do they have one?), Nexus, or somewhere else?

-Dubious-

Thanks @Dubious - github wiki let's have it all in one place. There is already a wealth of info in there

So far no issues with your new Night Build of standalone. Will keep on keeping on testing.

Although I am now manually adding the newer stable version of 7-zip and overwriting the old vulnerable to exploits version mentioned previously, it probably is just the 64 bit version that is vulnerable but now we have a new stable version I think that ought to be in Beta3 which everyone will now be downloading on Nexus too, because they are using the same link posted in the sticky posts.

Could you please update 7-zip for the version which goes live on Nexus sometime ?

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201805122101 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.17134
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
command line: ['D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Fallout 4\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.5
bash.pyo  286 _main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to Fallout4 found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  161 __setGame:  Using Fallout4 game: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  229 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.13.2
barb.pyo  163 Apply: 
barb.pyo  164 Apply: BACKUP BASH SETTINGS: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Mod Data\Backup Bash Settings Fallout4 (2018-05-12 22.15.39) v307.201804202117-307.201805122101.7z
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Fallout4\BashSettings.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\BashSettings.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Fallout4\BashSettings.dat.bak <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\BashSettings.dat.bak
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Italian.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat.bak <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat.bak
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat.bak <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat.bak
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Japanese.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Japanese.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Russian.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Simplified).txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Converters.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Fallout4\Saves\Bash\Table.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Saves\Bash\Table.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat.bak <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat.bak
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat.bak <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat.bak
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\Chinese (Traditional).txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\pt_opt.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Fallout4\BashLoadOrders.dat <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\BashLoadOrders.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data\Table.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Mopy\bash\l10n\de.txt
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\Table.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat <-- D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\Installers.dat
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Fallout4\BashLoadOrders.dat.bak <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\BashLoadOrders.dat.bak
barb.pyo  176 _backup_settings: My Games\Fallout4\Saves\Bash\Table.dat.bak <-- D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Saves\Bash\Table.dat.bak

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wrye Bash starting
command line: ['D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim Special Edition\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.5
bush.pyo   80 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo  140 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to Skyrim Special Edition found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo  161 __setGame:  Using Skyrim Special Edition game: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
testing UAC

I have it installed in Mopy \ Bash \ Compiled \ 7z.dll + 7z.exe both at v18.05 Stable (For both SSE and FO4)

Anything odd that becomes obvious will be reported (and will remind that I am using the newer 7z in the same reports in case it may affect results)

--------------------------

Anyway, off topic but how do we get you rich so RL is not a coitus interruptus ? :), your boss needs to realise the greater good is far more important and paid leave for the whole year ought to be a thing.

New problem with the latest nightly build

SSE - On the mods tab, right click and delete a plugin

Then go to the Installers Tab

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3496, in OnShowPage
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2841, in ShowPanel
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 1490, in _projects_walk_cache_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2886, in _refresh_installers_if_needed
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 2108, in refreshTracked
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 763, in size
  File "genericpath.pyo", line 57, in getsize
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim Special Edition\\Data\\SmashPatch.esp'

This was a plugin created by Mator Smash while Wrye Bash was running, came back to Wrye Bash after generating the new Smashed Patch.esp, then right click and deleted the older SmashPatch.esp (thats not a typo, I had two plugins generated by Mator Smash and one was no longer required) .. Then went to the Installers Tab

I tried doing a repro for a full bug dump, but guess what .. It aint happenin' so far :(

Wrye Bash starting
command line: ['D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim Special Edition\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe', '--debug']
Using scandir 1.5
bush.pyo   82 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo  146 _detectGames: Set game mode to Skyrim Special Edition found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo  161 __setGame:  Using Skyrim Special Edition game: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
testing UAC

Test using "wrye-bash-150-fo3-fnv-support_20180420_2117" (WB307) against Fallout New Vegas on Win7SP1.

Whenever switching from WF17 to WB307 (regardless of how many times this has previously occurred), it detects a "different version of WB" settings were previously used and offers to save them.  Closing WB307 causes the settings file which was backed up to be deleted from the save location.  This is not so much of a problem as the settings from WB307 seem to be acceptable to WF17 (other than ignoring the "order" in both "Mods" or "Installers" tabs), but sort of defeats the entire purpose of creating a backup.  I only happened to determine this was a "feature" of WB307 because I had the folder open to confirm the file was actually created and saw it deleted upon closing WB.

Suggested improvement would be to prompt for the backup only if there were no files matching that WB version present in the destination folder, and leave it for the user to clean out older "date/time stamp versions".  This is only going to be an issue until the patcher gets updated for FO3/FNV, negating the need to switch back and forth between versions of WB, but that may take awhile.

-Dubious-

In the Technical Readme, under "Functions in OBMM without equivalent methods in Wizards", there's:

EditXMLLine <file> <line number> <new line>
EditXMLReplace <file> <text to find> <text to replace>

It would be nice to have a WB version of these, as it greatly helps Wizard automation of XML edits in GUI/HUD mods- rather than users having to manually modify files.

Naturally leads on to the possibility of an XML Tweaks tab, even though it looks something more like a distant milestone.