Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

5 hours ago, godescalcus said:

LOL I can see that there was already an exception for caliente's, that's good! How about adding one more:

dataDirsPlus = {
    u'skse',
    u'ini',
    u'asi',
    u'skyproc patchers',
    u'calientetools', # bodyslide
    u'dyndolod',
    u'tools', # FNIS
}

That's just a suggestion for you if you want or in the event your request isn't granted, or added in the next release. I'm just being informative and just giving you an option since that kind of decision is up to the current maintainer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

Supierce, I'm guessing here, cuz I haven't had a chance to open and test it, but check the options on the installer tab. There is an option that's something like Bethesda, official, beth content, something that would imply it's from Bethesda. If I remember correctly even Lojack uses something like you have, but once you make the installer or package then you have to check or uncheck an option and I don't think it's Override Skips.  Once you do that then the installer or package will then behave correctly because Wrye Bash is no longer ignoring files that are in the settings as official content.  Sorry I can't remember the exact name I'm working on something at the moment and can't really get to a working version of WB.

I've used the option to not skip bethesda content with Hishup's guide for Oblivion, which suggested we made a backup and reinstalled everything in the data folder except for the archives, so wrye bash could manage it and never lose the ability to correctly replace something if mods got uninstalled. But the backside of it is that you'll have to live with CRC checks EVERY SINGLE REFRESH of the installers tab, including simply going off-focus and back. Not worth it in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Sharlikran said:

That's just a suggestion for you if you want or in the event your request isn't granted, or added in the next release. I'm just being informative and just giving you an option since that kind of decision is up to the current maintainer.

One that I promptly implemented, thank you and thanks for making me cross the line and actually tampering with wb, that was a first ;)

4 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Yes I agree the tools recognition needs to be updated to include the newer tools like DynDOLOD (which isn't really new at all) and FNIS. You will still need to install the executables outside of the data dir and use a trick to keep them safe from the "Clean Data" action.

I posted an example of how to do this at the bottom of this guide for BodySlide, and the same could be done for the FNIS executables.   https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/wiki/[guide]-installing-bodyslide-with-wrye-bash

I followed your procedure, in the case of bodyslide (the main tool, that includes Outfit Studio as well) it's just like you say (though I omitted the part about relocating the executables). But there's also another tool bundled with bodyslide, texblend, which has 4 files that don't get copied by WB: one exe and 3 dlls. Also manually copied those and checked the folders and files, they do match.

Sharlikran, you're exactly right. Unchecking Skip Bethesda Content did the trick. Thank you!  :)

Godescalcus, I had a full refresh the first time after unchecking it, but not on subsequent loads. Maybe that's been fixed?

Just FYI, but the Tools folder under Data is a standard issue folder installed by either the game or the CK for SSE. It is not exclusive to FNIS.

33 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Just FYI, but the Tools folder under Data is a standard issue folder installed by either the game or the CK for SSE. It is not exclusive to FNIS.

But is that also the case for the Legendary Edition? Good thing you mentioned it, I was just about to install FNIS, so I was still able to check the data folder and there's no tools folder inside it. I can't tell if the CK won't create it somehow, I've still not overcome my fear of it... To the point that I've added architecture and other content to mods using xEdit and a piece of paper to note down coordinates. Yeah, I know...

54 minutes ago, Supierce said:

Sharlikran, you're exactly right. Unchecking Skip Bethesda Content did the trick. Thank you!  :)

Godescalcus, I had a full refresh the first time after unchecking it, but not on subsequent loads. Maybe that's been fixed?

I hope so, I was then using version 3.07 beta1, the standalone executable that you download from nexus. I actually emulated the procedure from Hish's guide with Skyrim, and lived with the constant CRC checks and full refreshes for months.

It seems like WB is not accepting filenames in some language scripts. Getting the error message: "The filename you specified is either invalid or too long. Specify a different filename" for scripts including chinese, chinese simplified, japanese, russian, bulgarian. This doesn't interrupt the installation process if you choose to "skip" the file but the mods are not reported as installed by Wrye Bash (happens with FNIS or The Men of Winter), even though their files have been partially copied to Data. My workaround for this has been to move the "unaccepted" out of the installer, then reinstalling the mod, installs ok, then manually move the files into data (I do keep a pristine backup of each downloaded mod). A mess!

When I switch to the installers tab having the bashed patch ghosted, I get this error:

wxPython: stdout/stderr

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 3507, in OnShowPage
    self.currentPage.ShowPanel()
  File "bash\balt.py", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 2852, in ShowPanel
    scan_data_dir)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1467, in _projects_walk_cache_wrapper
    return func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 2897, in _refresh_installers_if_needed
    refresh = self.listData.refreshTracked()
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 2081, in refreshTracked
    self.data_sizeCrcDate[key] = (apath.size,apath.crc,apath.mtime)
  File "bash\bolt.py", line 758, in size
    return os.path.getsize(self._s)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\genericpath.py", line 57, in getsize
    return os.stat(filename).st_size
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'd:\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Skyrim\\Data\\Bashed Patch, 0.esp'

It seems harmless as I can get on with what I'm doing and then reactivate the bashed patch, without issues.

Whoah! good catch .. And probably a bit more of a problem on the Wrye Bash Standalone

I enabled debug via command line launch to produce a full bashbugdump.log ..

I have Bashed Patch unchecked currently (until the form thing is fixed for SSE), but still tried Ghosting the Bashed Patch

Ghosting it worked, having done that I then went to the Installers Tab : Here's where it gets strange

It didn't go to the Installers tab, though you can clearly see in the following screenshot the Installers Tab is selected .. And I can still Right Click on the Bashed Patch esp to check the state of it O_o

GlVIl0F.jpg

Bashbugdump.log

Wrye Bash starting
Using Wrye Bash Version 307.201709160706 (Standalone)
OS info: Windows-10-10.0.15063
Python version: 2.7.12
wxPython version: 2.8.12.1 (msw-unicode)
Using scandir 1.5
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
filesystem encoding: mbcs 
bash.pyo  324 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   76 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  136 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  142 _detectGames: Set game mode to Skyrim Special Edition found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo  156 __setGame:  Using Skyrim Special Edition game: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  228 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3507, in OnShowPage
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2852, in ShowPanel
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 1467, in _projects_walk_cache_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2897, in _refresh_installers_if_needed
  File "bash\bosh\bain.pyo", line 2081, in refreshTracked
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 758, in size
  File "genericpath.pyo", line 57, in getsize
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\Common\\Skyrim Special Edition\\Data\\Bashed Patch, 0.esp'

I can confirm that on my Legendary build I also didn't get the installers tab after the error. But clicking on the mods tab (resulting in no change) and then, again, on the installers tab did the trick, and no error on the second go.

Bash is currently throwing the same errors about saves that FO4 was when its CC update hit. Likely the same solution will be needed. You'll need to enable the 1.5.3 beta on Steam to check it before it goes public next week.

Here's a couple of saves to check the headers with: Saves.7z

This error when trying to install HothTrooper44's Immersive Armors v8. Restarted bash and it installed ok.

File "bash\balt.py", line 2495, in __Execute
    self.Execute()
  File "bash\basher\installer_links.py", line 504, in Execute
    ui_refresh, progress, last, override)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 2259, in bain_install
    override)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 2199, in _install
    progress, refresh_ui)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 2215, in __installer_install
    sub_progress)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 984, in install
    return self._install(dest_src, progress)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1178, in _install
    subprogressPlus, unpackDir)
  File "bash\bosh\bain.py", line 1015, in _fs_install
    fs_operation(srcs, dests, progress.getParent())
  File "bash\env.py", line 574, in shellMove
    renameOnCollision=autoRename, silent=silent)
  File "bash\env.py", line 523, in _fileOperation
    target.replace(u'\x00', u'\n'))
  File "bash\exception.py", line 145, in __init__
    124, u'Invalid paths:\nsource: {}\ntarget: {}'.format(source, target))
MemoryError

2 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Ghosting it worked, having done that I then went to the Installers Tab : Here's where it gets strange

It didn't go to the Installers tab, though you can clearly see in the following screenshot the Installers Tab is selected .. And I can still Right Click on the Bashed Patch esp to check the state of it O_o

GlVIl0F.jpg

It's done that for me since one of the summer builds. When Bash throws an error upon clicking the Installers tab from the Mods tab, it shows Installer focused, but the screen stays on mods. Takes me clicking back and forth between Mods/Installers tabs a couple times to get to Installers. I assumed this was a known issue.

Another thing I thought was a known occurrence & didn't think of it as an issue is the error received when going into the Installers tab after having ghosted one or more plugins on the Mods tab. For me (using Oblivion), it doesn't matter if it's the Bashed patch, or any other .esp. If I ghost something that's in an installed BAIN package, then switch to the installers tab, I get the "cannot find the file specified" error. I just figured this was because it had changed the extension when ghosting, so Windows couldn't find it. Which makes sense to me, since it's a Windows error, and nothing has told Windows to look for a different file name. It didn't really affect anything, so I didn't report it.

Hmm. I don't recall having the error with the Bashed Patch. I did once have auto-ghosting on, reactivated the bashed patch after it had been ghosted and then fired up xEdit. xEdit had a copy of Bashed Patch, 0.exp.ghost listed as available to load (along with Bashed Patch, 0.esp), but no such file existed in the Data folder. Upon rebuilding the patch, the problem went away. Anyway, I just tried ghosting various things several times & switching to the Installers tab, with & without a refresh, with & without restarting WB, etc. Can't seem to replicate the behavior now. Curiouser and curiouser..

Big f//&up.. Restarted WB and when going to Installers it started recalculating CRC, took over 5 minutes, when finally got access to the installers all my previous session's work was gone. The installer files and project folders were all as I had left them, but all crammed up at the bottom of the list (as if WB simply read them from the bash installers folder but had no idea where to place them) and all "uninstalled" (but the files were all in the Data folder). Something must have corrupted some critical file? I redid the whole work, reinstalled all mods in the correct order and restarted WB again... And again it started recalculating CRC and reverted to a prior state. A week's work... What can I do to fix this? Is it the table.dat file? It says it was saved 15 minutes ago, that could account for the unsaved later work, why isn't WB saving?

Edit: Checked and it goes back to the immersive armors "out of memory" error I mentioned before. Could that have corrupted something?

*Sigh* I got the "WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified:..." error ONCE on Knights.esp when switching back to the installers tab. Unfortunately I was looking at something else & couldn't remember the chain of events. 45 mins later & I can't reproduce it.

I seem to have found the way to reproduce the Bashed Patch esp+esp.ghost thing. Rebuilding a Bashed Patching using CBash while the Bashed Patch is inactive & auto-ghosted, then clicking Yes to activate the Bashed Patch when prompted results in both a Bashed Patch, 0.esp and a Bashed Patch, 0.esp.ghost file in the Data directory. If I close WB at this point both files stick around in the Data folder. If I deactivate/reactivate the patch, then the ghosted patch is deleted. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with xEdit. Only occurs with CBash, not with PBash. Not really a problem, more of a quirk, but something maybe Utumno should be aware of, I dunno.

Screenshot

3 hours ago, godescalcus said:

The installer files and project folders were all as I had left them, but all crammed up at the bottom of the list... ...and all "uninstalled" (but the files were all in the Data folder).

Yikes! So sorry this happened to you!  I had this happen when testing Restore Settings functionality. Intentionally deleted Table.dat out of \Oblivion Mods\Bash Mod Data,  and Converters.dat/Installers.dat from \Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\Bash, then restarted Wrye Bash. My Installers tab was as you described, and the custom markers were gone. So my guess is it's to do with one of these files (probably not Converters.dat...). I noticed WB seems to update the .dat files only when it's closed, but you mentioned you restarted WB right before it foobar'd. There's a Table.dat.bak (as well as Installers.dat.bak). Are the modified times the same? If different, perhaps you can make a copy of the .dat.bak files, remove the .bak extension, and see if that restores the packages/projects and file CRC associations. Did you by chance make a Settings Backup? If so, could restore from that. Utumno mentioned that restore has a problem but with you doing "450 mods with Wrye Bash", it might be a good idea. If nothing else, make a manual backup of Table.dat every so often. There's a bigger problem here, of course, if it keeps losing the CRC's & having to do a full recalculation every time. Hope someone with more knowledge/experience than I can help! Good luck :)

@Utumno

Finally able to reproduce the "WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified:..." error in v307.201709160706 Installer Standalone

It looks like it has to do with load order adjustments made by BOSS & LOOT. Here's what I'm seeing:

• Auto-ghost doesn't need to be checked.
  • Have any esp ghosted on mods tab.
  • Ghosted esp is out of BOSS or LOOT sorted order.
  • Installers tab must have been entered into at least once.
  • Sort LO with BOSS or LOOT & apply change.
  • Activate the (now sorted) ghosted esp
  • Click on Installers Tab = error

LO must have been changed by LOOT or BOSS to throw error. No error is thrown if ghosted esp is activated, or is moved by hand & then activated, without having been sorted (and moved) by LOOT or BOSS. No error thrown if ghosted esp is sorted & moved by BOSS/LOOT, left ghosted, Installer tab clicked, then esp is activated.

When debug mode is enabled the Installers tab appears to have focus, but the main screen still displays the Mod tab info, giving the appearance of nothing having happened (possibly what alt3rn1ty saw). I assume this is when the error is written to BashBugDump.

When debug mode is not enabled and Installers tab is clicked, WB throws the error into a pop-up box; at least indicating something has occurred. Installers tab again appears to have focus but main screen shows Mods tab info. The Mods tab must be clicked, then Installers clicked again in order to get the Installers screen to show.

Here's the BashBugDump.log, but it just shows the Windows error so I'm unsure of what use it may be.

Spoiler

Wrye Bash starting
Using scandir 1.5
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_US', 'cp1252')
bash.pyo  324 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   76 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: c:\users\chuck\games\oblivion
bush.pyo  136 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  142 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion found in parent directory of Mopy:  c:\users\chuck\games\oblivion
bush.pyo  156 __setGame:  Using Oblivion game: c:\users\chuck\games\oblivion
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  228 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'c:\\users\\chuck\\games\\oblivion\\Data\\EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp.ghost'

I don't see this as really being an issue, other than confusing end users when they have auto-ghosting enabled, install their new mod, then get an error going back to the installers tab. Leading them to think WB "locked up" and threw an error, oh no, something must be wrong. Prob pretty low priority, but of course, that's your determination.

P.S., Do you want me cluttering up your thread here with this kind of stuff, or would you rather I learn how to use the GitHub bug tracker thing? It just seems like you guys have better things to discuss.

My previous problem with table.dat not saving was overcome by restarting windows... It feels like the memory could have become crammed over a long session (but python doesn't have the same problem as, say, C with memory not being deallocated unless specifically told to, does it?), but unfortunately I didn't verify it before restarting. Still, this occurred specifically with Immersive armors's caliente refit (third party, hot hothtrooper's). I wonder if it wasn't a problem with handling file size in memory, but the number of files being installed at once, which is impressive (the archive contains 29400 files). Can't say this wouldn't happen with previous builds as I used to install calientetools manually, so I went back to that procedure, relocated the calientetools folder to the skyrim root folder, removed it from the extra directories in skyrim's __init__.py and manually copied all files concerned, annealed or removed the installers in wb (according to whether or not they had more than the calientetools folder) and all is good.

Even after several attempts I cannot replicate this on the latest Python WIP Bleeding Edge version from Sept 20, so this appears to be related to that Stand alone build.

@Utumno
If you have time and you don't mind answering what am I doing wrong? What if I only know srcFile and outFile?  For example without knowing cssDirs, how would you be able to end up with "D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy\Wrye Mash.txt"?

Spoiler

srcFile = u'Wrye Mash.txt'
outFile = u'Wrye Mash.html'
cssDirs = u'D:\\Wrye-Mash\\Mopy\\'

def genHtml(srcFile,outFile=None,*cssDirs): >>> srcFile: u'Wrye Mash.txt' outFile: u'Wrye Mash.html' cssDirs: u'D:\\Wrye-Mash\\Mopy\\'
  srcPath = GPath(srcFile) >>> srcPath: Wrye Mash.txt
  outPath = GPath(outFile) >>> srcPath: Wrye Mash.html
  cssDirs = (srcPath.head,) + cssDirs
  cssDirs = map(GPath,cssDirs)[1] >>> cssDirs: D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy
  srcPath = GPath(cssDirs).join(Path.getNorm(srcFile)) >>> cssDirs: D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy\Wrye Mash.txt
  outPath = GPath(cssDirs).join(Path.getNorm(outFile)) >>> cssDirs: D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy\Wrye Mash.html
  srcFile = srcPath.open(encoding='utf-8-sig')
  outFile = outPath.open('w',encoding='utf-8-sig')

srcFile = u'Wrye Mash.txt'
outFile = u'Wrye Mash.html'
cssDirs = u'D:\\Wrye-Mash\\Mopy\\'

def genHtml(srcFile,outFile=None,cssDirs=u''): >>> srcFile: u'Wrye Mash.txt' outFile: u'Wrye Mash.html' cssDirs: <type 'tuple'>: (u'D:\\Wrye-Mash\\Mopy\\',)
  srcPath = GPath(srcFile) >>> srcPath: Wrye Mash.txt
  outPath = GPath(outFile) >>> srcPath: Wrye Mash.html
  srcPath = GPath(cssDirs).join(Path.getNorm(srcFile)) >>> cssDirs: D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy\Wrye Mash.txt
  outPath = GPath(cssDirs).join(Path.getNorm(outFile)) >>> cssDirs: D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy\Wrye Mash.html
  srcFile = srcPath.open(encoding='utf-8-sig')
  outFile = outPath.open('w',encoding='utf-8-sig')

@Arthmoor The saves do contain the same light plugin information after the standard plugin information just like for FO4. Unfortunately the save header version is not changed (still 12) but the form version at the beginning of the compressed saved data did (now 78 instead of 77).  I'll try to verify that is how the runtime is detecting them also.

• Like 2

OK

On 9/29/2017 at 6:02 PM, Supierce said:

Odd behavior with latest WIP and Fallout 4: I packed cleaned versions of the 6 DLC ESMs into a .7z installer, then installed them with the Override Skips option. The installer icon turned green as expected. When I then closed WB and reopened it, the icon was red and all 6 ESMs showed as uninstalled and missing, even though they are all in the game's Data folder where they belong.

I've repeated this several times, always with the same successful install, followed by the same failure to recognize they're there when WB restarts.

Let me know what you need. :)

On 9/29/2017 at 8:52 PM, Supierce said:

Well the behavior on packages that contain bethesda contents and skips is what prevents me from closing - https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/270

@Beermotor (or anyone) - can I have a 123 reproducer ? Please post it at issue above - this issue I want settled for the beta

On 9/30/2017 at 12:45 AM, alt3rn1ty said:

Whoah! good catch .. And probably a bit more of a problem on the Wrye Bash Standalone

I enabled debug via command line launch to produce a full bashbugdump.log ..

I have Bashed Patch unchecked currently (until the form thing is fixed for SSE), but still tried Ghosting the Bashed Patch

GlVIl0F.jpg

Bashbugdump.log

Wrye Bash starting
Using scandir 1.5
input encoding: None; output encoding: None; locale: ('en_GB', 'cp1252')
bash.pyo  324 main: Searching for game to manage:
bush.pyo   76 _supportedGames: Detected the following supported games via Windows Registry:
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Oblivion: e:\oblivion
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Skyrim Special Edition: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo   78 _supportedGames:  Fallout4: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4
bush.pyo  136 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.pyo  142 _detectGames: Set game mode to Skyrim Special Edition found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition
bush.pyo  156 __setGame:  Using Skyrim Special Edition game: D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition
testing UAC
mods_metadata.pyo  228 __init__: Using LOOT API version: 0.10.2
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified: u'D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\Common\\Skyrim Special Edition\\Data\\Bashed Patch, 0.esp'

Took a note - don't hold your breath

@Sharlikran - what exactly do you ask I didn't get it ?

@hlp - thanks for looking into this @Arthmoor thanks for saves will try in a couple days (or slightly more) and let you know

Guys I am really pressed for time - and we are in a feature freeze state - esls, new save formats and the like are more than enough. So I just skim through here. If I missed a _bug report_ let me know in short post with a reproducer, I have no time to read long ones - @godescalcus please always post me the bugdump

37 minutes ago, Utumno said:

Well the behavior on packages that contain bethesda contents and skips is what prevents me from closing - https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/270

@Beermotor (or anyone) - can I have a 123 reproducer ? Please post it at issue above - this issue I want settled for the beta

Guys I am really pressed for time - and we are in a feature freeze state - esls, new save formats and the like are more than enough. So I just skim through here. If I missed a _bug report_ let me know in short post with a reproducer, I have no time to read long ones - @godescalcus please always post me the bugdump

I was just able to reproduce it and I'm putting everything together in a tidy report now. Stand by.