Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

@Utumno Here are the repro steps for @Supierce's reported issue. I am running the CC beta so these BashBugDumps are going to be full of complaints about my save files, but I'll point out the specific messages.  This is just a straight info dump.

1. Cleaned SSE CC masters in SSEEdit. Note: these have a file date of 9/29/2017.

2. Packed masters to zip in BAIN format named "Skyim Master Files CC.7z".

3. Launched WB,  installed "Skyim Master Files CC.7z" with override skips ticked and left the default "Skip bethesda content" ticked.

4. Relaunched WB - "Skyim Master Files CC.7z" was red. Message printed to BashBugDump mentioning the master files. See spoiler below.

5. Relaunched WB, unticked "Skip Bethesda content". After CRC calc package turned green.

6. Relaunched WB to confirm and Skyrim masters package was still green.

Spoiler

games.py  858 _fixed_order_plugins: Restamped Dawnguard.esm  from 9/28/2017 3:31:24 PM to 9/28/2017 3:31:26 PM
games.py  858 _fixed_order_plugins: Restamped Hearthfires.esm  from 9/28/2017 3:32:24 PM to 9/28/2017 3:32:26 PM
games.py  858 _fixed_order_plugins: Restamped Dragonborn.esm  from 9/28/2017 3:33:24 PM to 9/28/2017 3:33:26 PM

I've attached bugdumps for the run with the three lines above.  If I need to look at anything else please let me know.

Master-files-package-test-bashbugdumps.7z

Given all that's been going on and all the stuff that's now supported by the dev versions, is there any chance we could see an update to put on Nexus so that it's more readily available to everyone? For instance, Wrye Bash is currently the only mod manager that even knows what an ESL file is, much less how to handle it, but these dev versions may as well be out of sight for the average person roaming Nexus.

36 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Given all that's been going on and all the stuff that's now supported by the dev versions, is there any chance we could see an update to put on Nexus so that it's more readily available to everyone? For instance, Wrye Bash is currently the only mod manager that even knows what an ESL file is, much less how to handle it, but these dev versions may as well be out of sight for the average person roaming Nexus.

Well - as I keep saying I am very pressed for time. We got to solve couple issues before posting a beta that need lots of work - saves is one, esl and load order is another. A third one is loot @Daidalos is working on that.

But ESL handling is already working for both FO4 and SSE. The save headers though, yeah, that does need to get done, but after that I really think we need to push for getting something out there since the last one is a year old already and it's not capable of handling all the new stuff that's going live this week.

3 hours ago, Utumno said:

@Sharlikran - what exactly do you ask I didn't get it ?

I think know what he is asking for.  He wants to know how to write the quoted directly into the code.

On 2017-09-30 at 5:47 PM, Sharlikran said:

"D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy\Wrye Mash.txt"

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

I think know what he is asking for.  He wants to know how to write the quoted directly into the code.

Nope that's not what I am asking.

One routine returns just the file name like 'Wrye Mash.txt' then the other returns just 'D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy' without the trailing slash. When you join them then the slash is there for a combined string of 'D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy\Wrye Mash.txt' which is fine, that works. However, I'm providing both the name and the location. What if I just want to look for the file such as 'dir /s /r filename.ext' and returns the full path.

What I wanted to know is when you only now the file name, just ' Wrye Mash.txt ' where is the or a command that will look in the working directory 'Path.getcwd()' return 'D:\Wrye-Mash \Mopy' then recursively search in all the subfolders for Wrye Mash.txt until it finds it, and then returns the full path.

EDIT: However there doesn't seem to be one, I think I'm going to go with glob, os, and walk as suggested here. What I wanted to know is does Wrye Bash have a routine built in to do that already?  'Path.list()' only returns the list for the given folder, I want to specify the root such as' D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy ' and look in all subfolders.

1 hour ago, Sharlikran said:

Nope that's not what I am asking.

One routine returns just the file name like 'Wrye Mash.txt' then the other returns just 'D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy' without the trailing slash. When you join them then the slash is there for a combined string of 'D:\Wrye-Mash\Mopy\Wrye Mash.txt' which is fine, that works. However, I'm providing both the name and the location. What if I just want to look for the file such as 'dir /s /r filename.ext' and returns the full path.

What I wanted to know is when you only now the file name, just ' Wrye Mash.txt ' where is the or a command that will look in the working directory 'Path.getcwd()' return 'D:\Wrye-Mash \Mopy' then recursively search in all the subfolders for Wrye Mash.txt until it finds it, and then returns the full path.

https://docs.python.org/2/library/os.html#os.walk

Over and out

Skyrim 1.5.3.0.8 has hit the streets, no problems so far, but to be honest I havent tested much since getting back home and finding my Cleaning Masters.7z BAIN was out of sync :), sure enough masters have been auto updated along with the exe, and a few BSA

I'm still on the nightly build standalone 307.201709160706 .. Its not liking the saves from todays Skyrim SE update

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3773, in RefreshData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 2751, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1432, in refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1447, in delete_refresh
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1362, in _update_deleted_paths
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.pyo", line 1362, in <dictcomp>
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1236, in __getitem__
KeyError: bolt.Path(u'Autosave2_1A85115D_1_5068616964_SolitudeBrylingsHouse_000655_20171003191010_8_1.ess')

Save header support in SSE still hasn't been added yet. Which IMO needs to happen soon, along with ESL file handling and proper form version support in the Bashed Patch.

About 3 weeks ago, in mid September, Python 2.7.14 was released which includes the latest bugfixes in the Python 2.7 series.  Can I use Python 2.7.14 for both WMSA and WBSA at the same time?

Here is a list of all Python versions for Windows.

31 minutes ago, Leonardo said:

About 3 weeks ago, in mid September, Python 2.7.14 was released which includes the latest bugfixes in the Python 2.7 series.  Can I use Python 2.7.14 for both WMSA and WBSA at the same time?

Leo are you building new versions of the standalone ? - If you are then wait for Utumno to chime in ..

.. But if you are only using WBSA and WMSA, you dont need Python installed at all, thats the whole point of Standalone (and I think I recall Lojack once saying that having Python installed while using the standalones could in rare circumstances be problematic .. something to watch out for anyway, I havent had Python installed since primarily wanting to test the Installer and Standalone on its own (just as most people out there will experience it after release), so cannot say if it has been problematic at all in that regard since then)

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

Leo, it works fine for the Python version. Alt3rn1ty is right - you don't need it for the standalone version.

I know that about Python vs Stand Alone, however, since I am helping Sharlikran with updating Wrye Mash and earlier today he asked me if I could compile his code of Yacoby's WMSA fork into an exe.

Besides, I tought it would be useful for other people who are using Python.

On 10/2/2017 at 2:51 PM, hlp said:

So yes, if the save contains form version 78 (or greater) data then the runtime expects an array of light master names (2 bytes counter).

Is this the form version in the header ?

7 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I know that about Python vs Stand Alone, however, since I am helping Sharlikran with updating Wrye Mash and earlier today he asked me if I could compile his code of Yacoby's WMSA fork into an exe.

Besides, I tought it would be useful for other people who are using Python.

Not sure if mash can run fine in latest python - Bash I have not tested yet - 13 is last supported for now

18 minutes ago, Utumno said:

Not sure if mash can run fine in latest python - Bash I have not tested yet - 13 is last supported for now

I see.  Well it would be convenient for any WB user who are using the Python version also can use Python 2.7.14 at least for the included bugfixes for the Python 2.7 series.

1 hour ago, Utumno said:

Is this the form version in the header ?

I've been running it with 2.7.14 on my laptop with no problems.

22 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Save header support in SSE still hasn't been added yet. Which IMO needs to happen soon, along with ESL file handling and proper form version support in the Bashed Patch.

Exactly - plus a couple other stuff (like loot)

Latest version of utumno wip should support esl SSE saves - give it a whirl

11 minutes ago, Beermotor said:

I've been running it with 2.7.14 on my laptop with no problems.

I would expect that but no risking now - however go on using 2.7.14

48 minutes ago, Utumno said:

Latest version of utumno wip should support esl SSE saves - give it a whirl

Is that v307.201709160706 found in the utumno-wip Dropbox link, or am I looking in the wrong place?

10 hours ago, RavenMind said:

Is that v307.201709160706 found in the utumno-wip Dropbox link, or am I looking in the wrong place?

No it's the utumno-wip branch I didn't pack a standalone yet

@Utumno I expected the question :) . I need to come with better names for those version fields in xEdit. So no, it is not the version seen in the header but the one appearing in the compressed content of the SSE saves prior to the list of plugin names.