Wrye Bash - All Games

Utumno

Hmm, just got a new problem.

I was on the Installers Tab with the new version, went to the mods tab, and left clicked the Bashed Patch.esp

And I have a new stdout/stderr

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\gui\events.py", line 181, in _post
  File "bash\balt.py", line 714, in _handle_select
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 1184, in _select
  File "bash\balt.py", line 715, in _select
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 177, in SetDetails
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 175, in _setDetails
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 1626, in SetFile
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 542, in SetFileInfo
  File "bash\balt.py", line 786, in populate_items
  File "bash\balt.py", line 747, in PopulateItem
  File "bash\gui\list_ctrl.py", line 260, in InsertListCtrlItem
  File "bash\balt.py", line 864, in __setUI
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 545, in set_item_format
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 340, in set_item_format
ValueError: not enough values to unpack (expected 2, got 0)

After the above, I just went to try and see if I can still right click and Rebuild the patch ..

File "bash\balt.py", line 1674, in __Execute
  File "bash\balt.py", line 515, in _conversation_wrapper
  File "bash\basher\mod_links.py", line 1017, in Execute
TypeError: update expected at most 1 argument, got 2

So currently I am not sure that the rebuild completed.

Just tried a few more things, but Wrye Bash Mods tab and trying to do anything with the bashed patch is a bit fubar.

Edited by M00nP1e

57 minutes ago, Utumno said:

Thanks for the report - both should be fixed in the build here: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/suites/18723804764/artifacts/1090096403

I can confirm Standalone Wrye Flash 312.202312040857 has fixed my previous report.

Thank you very much for the quick turnaround on that, I thought my game was going to be in limbo for a while being unable to rebuild the Bashed Patch after recent changes to the whole installation.

I really don't envy you maintaining this in Python.

> I really don't envy you maintaining this in Python.

Well it's the "maintaining" part that sucks - python is a masterpiece :p (part of "maintaining" was porting (lots of) legacy python 2 code to python 3)

Anyway these regressions are due to refactoring the refresh operations in Wrye Bash - this should be the last big batch of refactoring - then stability :)

I will keep on testing as much of the UI as I can.

When I first got Fallout 4 I was tempted by MO2 or NexusMods Vortex, but Wrye Bash has the Bashed Patch I wanted to use so it seemed a bit crazy installing multiple mod managers to achieve the same results. Apparently you can run Wrye Bash through MO2 for example to still get a Bashed Patch .. So why not just use Wrye Bash for everything, makes no sense to me overcomplicating things.

Very pleased with how Wrye Bash works, and a lot of its features.

Looking forward to the stability :)

@Utumno I have another issue for you.

Still running Standalone Wrye Flash 312.202312040857

Load it up, click the Settings Icon on the Status bar.

Go to Appearance, Status Bar.

Select Icon size 24.

Click Apply

Click Okay

Now just dont touch anything for a few seconds .. And Wrye Bash closes itself.

I found a new Bug Dump was generated :

localize.py   74 setup_locale: cli_lang='' - cli_target='' - falling back to (en_GB, cp1252) from getdefaultlocale
localize.py   78 setup_locale: wx gave back en_GB
localize.py  125 setup_locale: Set wxPython locale to 'en_US'
loot_parser.py   54 <module>: Using LibYAML-based parser
doc_viewer.py   57 <module>: pdfviewer using PyMuPDF (GPL)
bash.py  327 dump_environment: Using Wrye Bash Version 312.202312040857 (Standalone)
    OS info: Windows-10-10.0.22631, running on Intel64 Family 6 Model 165 Stepping 2, GenuineIntel
    Python version: 3.11.6 (tags/v3.11.6:8b6ee5b, Oct  2 2023, 14:57:12) [MSC v.1935 64 bit (AMD64)]
    Dependency versions:
     - chardet: 5.2.0
     - ifileoperation: 1.2.6
     - lxml: 4.9.3
     - packaging: 23.2
     - PyMuPDF: 1.23.5; bundled MuPDF version: 1.23.4
     - python-lz4: 4.3.2; bundled LZ4 version: 1.9.4
     - PyYAML: 6.0.1
     - requests: 2.31.0
     - vdf: 3.4
     - websocket-client: 1.6.4
     - wxPython: 4.2.1 msw (phoenix) wxWidgets 3.2.2.1
    Input encoding: None; output encoding: utf-8
    Filesystem encoding: utf-8
    Command line: ['D:\\Games\\Fallout 4 GOTY\\Mopy\\Wrye Bash.exe']
bash.py  609 _import_bush_and_set_game: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py  178 _supportedGames: The following games are supported by this version of Wrye Bash:
  - Enderal (Steam)
  - Enderal Special Edition (GOG, Steam)
  - Fallout 3 (EGS, GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Fallout 4 (GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Fallout 4 VR (Steam)
  - Fallout New Vegas (EGS, GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Morrowind (GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Nehrim (GOG, Steam)
  - Oblivion (GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Skyrim (Steam)
  - Skyrim Special Edition (EGS, GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Skyrim VR (Steam)
  - Starfield (Steam, WS)
Wrye Bash looked for installations of supported games in the following places:
 1. Steam:
  No supported games were found via Steam.
 2. GOG (via Windows Registry):
  The following supported games were found via GOG:
   - Fallout 4 (GOG): D:\Games\Fallout 4 GOTY
 3. Windows Store (Legacy):
  No supported games with modding enabled were found via the legacy Windows Store.
 4. Windows Store:
  No supported games were found via the Windows Store.
 5. Epic Games Store:
  No supported games were found via the Epic Games Store.
bush.py  246 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  252 _detectGames: Set game mode to Fallout 4 (GOG) found in parent directory of Mopy:  D:\Games\Fallout 4 GOTY
bush.py  268 __setGame: Using Fallout 4 (GOG) game: D:\Games\Fallout 4 GOTY
patch_game.py  300 _import_records: <class 'bash.game.fallout4.records.MreCell'>: no melSet
patch_game.py  300 _import_records: <class 'bash.game.fallout4.records.MreWrld'>: no melSet
patch_game.py  300 _import_records: <class 'bash.game.fallout4.records.MreDial'>: no melSet
patch_game.py  304 _import_records: Signatures [b'ACHR', b'NAVM', b'PARW', b'PBAR', b'PBEA', b'PCON', b'PFLA', b'PGRE', b'PHZD', b'PMIS', b'QUST', b'RACE', b'REFR', b'SCEN', b'SNDR', b'SOPM', b'SOUN', b'SPEL', b'SPGD', b'STAG', b'STAT', b'TACT', b'TERM', b'TREE', b'TRNS', b'TXST', b'VTYP', b'WATR', b'WEAP', b'WTHR', b'ZOOM'] lack an implementation - defaulting to MreRecord
initialization.py  141 init_dirs: My Games location set to D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4
initialization.py  165 init_dirs: LocalAppData location set to C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Fallout4
initialization.py  223 init_dirs: Game Mods location set to D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods
initialization.py  231 init_dirs: Bash Mod Data location set to D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data
initialization.py  238 init_dirs: Installers location set to D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers
initialization.py  241 init_dirs: Installers bash data location set to D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash
initialization.py  249 init_dirs: Checking if WB directories exist and creating them if needed:
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bain Converters
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bain Converters\--Duplicates
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bain Converters\--Corrupt
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Installers\Bash\BSA Cache
loot_parser.py   87 __init__: Using these LOOT paths:
loot_parser.py   88 __init__:  Masterlist: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\LOOT\games\Fallout4\masterlist.yaml
loot_parser.py   89 __init__:  Userlist: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\LOOT\games\Fallout4\userlist.yaml
loot_parser.py   90 __init__:  Taglist (fallback): D:\Games\Fallout 4 GOTY\Mopy\taglists\Fallout4\taglist.yaml
loot_parser.py   97 __init__: Initialized loot_parser, compatible with LOOT metadata v0.21
__init__.py 3744 initBosh: Looking for main game INI at D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4.ini
windows.py 1162 testUAC: Testing if game folder is UAC-protected
__init__.py 1594 _initDB: Initializing BSAInfos
__init__.py 1595 _initDB:  store_dir: D:\Games\Fallout 4 GOTY\Data
__init__.py 1596 _initDB:  bash_dir: D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\BSA Data
__init__.py 1594 _initDB: Initializing ModInfos
__init__.py 1595 _initDB:  store_dir: D:\Games\Fallout 4 GOTY\Data
__init__.py 1596 _initDB:  bash_dir: D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data
_games_lo.py  650 print_lo_paths: Using the following load order files:
_games_lo.py  652 print_lo_paths:  - Load order and active plugins: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Local\Fallout4\Plugins.txt
__init__.py 1594 _initDB: Initializing SaveInfos
__init__.py 1595 _initDB:  store_dir: D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Saves
__init__.py 1596 _initDB:  bash_dir: D:\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Saves\Bash
__init__.py 1594 _initDB: Initializing INIInfos
__init__.py 1595 _initDB:  store_dir: D:\Games\Fallout 4 GOTY\Data\INI Tweaks
__init__.py 1596 _initDB:  bash_dir: D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\INI Data
__init__.py 3807 __init__: Constructing panel 'Installers'
__init__.py 3816 __init__: Panel 'Installers' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3807 __init__: Constructing panel 'Mods'
__init__.py 3816 __init__: Panel 'Mods' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3807 __init__: Constructing panel 'Saves'
__init__.py 3816 __init__: Panel 'Saves' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3807 __init__: Constructing panel 'INI Edits'
__init__.py 3816 __init__: Panel 'INI Edits' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3807 __init__: Constructing panel 'Screenshots'
__init__.py 1594 _initDB: Initializing ScreenInfos
__init__.py 1595 _initDB:  store_dir: D:\Games\Fallout 4 GOTY
__init__.py 1596 _initDB:  bash_dir: D:\Games\Fallout4 Mods\Bash Mod Data\Screenshot Data
__init__.py 3816 __init__: Panel 'Screenshots' constructed successfully

But there is no Error box, Wrye Bash just closes.

Also after loading up Wrye Bash again, the Icon size which was set has reverted back to the default size of 16.

Edited by M00nP1e

"But there is no Error box, Wrye Bash just closes.

Also after loading up Wrye Bash again, the Icon size which was set has reverted back to the default size of 16."

(These two sentences were included at the end of the last post, but were not separate from the quote box - the forum here is a bit strange with Code/Quote/Spoiler boxes).

This is a known bug - only solution is to offer to restart but no time for that now (soon hopefuly). Let's hope is the only bug you find cause we are going towards freezing for a release

No problem its not a show stopper.

Only other things I can find at the moment are similarly not show stoppers.

1. There is an icon on the status bar to Launch the Creation kit, I do not have it installed so it just shows me a Windows error because its not at the path expected. But I think this icon should not show if the Creation kit is not installed?.

2. INI Edits - I dont think these are editing the correct file. For example I applied the Coral colour for the PipBoy, but in game the PipBoy is still the default mustard yellow colour. Maybe this is new to the GOG Fallout 4 GOTY, and the correct ini to edit is now different?. Just a stab in the dark, there are quite a few ini files for this game in different locations, I use another tool for this called BethINI Pie which seems to be quite a comprehensive ini editor.

Currently thats all I can find, so yes please bring on the release.

@Utumno Disregard No.2 in my last post.

It helps if I use the drop down on the INI Edits tab to select the correct INI :facepalm:

I had not selected Fallout4Prefs.ini

INI Edits are working fine.

Edited by M00nP1e

> No problem its not a show stopper.

That's the spirit that's the spirit :p

> 1. There is an icon on the status bar to Launch the Creation kit, I do not have it installed so it just shows me a Windows error because its not at the path expected. But I think this icon should not show if the Creation kit is not installed?.

could you post me the error (bugdump?)?

No problem, there is no Bug Dump created for this :

Screenshot 2023-12-05 133755.png

Next to the "Launch Fallout 4 + F4SE" icon, there is the "Launch Creation Kit" icon, just left click and you get the error in the screenshot, obviously because I do not have the Creation kit installed.

I noticed after I installed Paint.NET that Wrye Bash detects that and added a Paint.NET icon on to the status bar, and the same happened when I installed LOOT, which makes me think that the Launch Creation Kit icon should not be there if we do not have it installed.

Edited by M00nP1e

Wow thank you, yes that works, no more Launch Creation Kit icon when its not installed.

And the settings now work for the Icon size in settings, after the restart has happened

Screenshot 2023-12-05 183843.png

I have nothing further to bug you with. I have now tried everything out in all Tabs and can not find anything further.

I just recently found out the Installers Tab has a menu hiding in the Title bar at the top, which includes features like "Anneal All", "Full Refresh", I have been trying out and learning about all those features in the last couple of days.

The way the Install Order works for all the packages is neat. I have a lot of Texture mods packages, and a couple of them have the same texture, so dragging the preferred one to install after the first solves those few files.

Very much like the screenshot associated with save files too, if I want to weed any out, the visual reference to where I was in game at the time of the save is very handy.

You peeps have produced a fine mod manager here. It has everything I need.

I'm using WB 3.11. I tried installing Cava Obscura, which is a filter mod, and the game won't start because it's "missing masters". I looked at the readme, and Item Interchange (another filter mod, which I also use), is covered, but it says nothing about other filter mods. I have the basic tags added: C.light, Deactivate, Filter, NoMerge. Is there another tag missing, or does it just not work with newer versions? I used to use 3.6, and it worked fine back then...

On 11/27/2023 at 2:00 PM, M00nP1e said:

Is there such a thing as a game setting to tweak the

Player: Running Cost

Rebuilding has a tweak for Sprinting cost, but none for Running cost

Is there a game setting (GMST) for that? Sprinting has fSprintStaminaDrainMult, but I don't see any GMST for running. If you can find one, we can add a tweak for it.

@WalkerinShadows Tried building a BP with Cava Obscura and it works perfectly fine:

image.png.3b7b59955922cbbc60197eeed4f8b4bf.png

You can see it changed a record from ElsweyrAnequina.esp, which is changed in Cava Obscura - Filter Patch For Mods.esp, so the import worked correctly.

Did you enable the Filter patch (i.e. checked it in WB)? If so, don't do that. It must be disabled and imported into a Bashed Patch in order to work, since Filter patches will always have missing masters, which the BP will filter out (hence the name) when importing data from them into the BP.

Edited by Infernio

3 hours ago, Infernio said:

Is there a game setting (GMST) for that? Sprinting has fSprintStaminaDrainMult, but I don't see any GMST for running. If you can find one, we can add a tweak for it.

I do not know thats why I was asking in case someone did, but I now dont think there is :

I have noticed that when I load up the game it is in "Run Always" mode.

Which is right I think because I checked that tweak when building the bashed patch.

Now when I start running around (not sprinting) there is no drain on action points.

Occasionally if I am up against a lot of Super mutants, and cant be bothered tactically picking them off one by one, I will use the games God Mode.

So if I go into the console and get the game into god mode (tgm), there is no action point drain even if you are sprinting - After the danger is cleared I will go into the console again and disable God Mode.

This is when I start to get Action point drain when running.

I think the game has a bug (although I guess we were never supposed to find out about god mode as players), and after coming out of god mode, running then starts to drain action points when it should not be doing that.

Come out of the game completely, and then start it up again, and running once again no longer drains action points, until you enable and subsequently disable god mode.

So I think there is maybe not a game setting for this, its just a consequence of having god mode enabled briefly and then disabling it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Please accept my apology, if anyone has been looking into this issue I have had with running and Action Point drain.

I have been studying it for the last couple of days, and its due to being over-encumbered. Even slightly, 1 bullet over your encumberance level and Action Points start draining. As I mentioned it happens after being in god mode, what I didn't realise is while in god mode you can easily pick up one item too many and not even notice .. because you are in god mode there is no drain.

I was typically coming up against a bunch of super mutants, wanted to get past them and so for the easiest would switch into god mode, and pick up a few items along the way. Go back to normal mode afterwards or load up the game again and Action point drain starts because of being over encumbered, and I must have missed any notifications (I quite often see a notification box at the moment it disappears, so no time to read whatever it was, too engrossed in the bigger picture and whats happening in the game world to be distracted by a small text box).

Sorry if anyone went on a wild goose chase. :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I am running Wrye Bash 3.12.1 from the 'dev' channel under Manjaro Linux installed as an AUR package 'wrye-bash 312.1-1' .  Python is 3.11.  Manjaro does not yet officially have Python 3.12.  The game in question is Oblivion.

When annealing archives, or installing archives that would overwrite files, I get an error about some file or other not begin present. Seems I'm able to install if and only if I'm not overwriting files.

Example:

FileNotFoundError: /home/foobar/.local/bin/wrye-bash/C:\users\rk\Temp\.wbtemp/bm7xwitm/Data\Textures\landscape\cobblestone01.dds

Note this funny dos part in the middle

C:\users\rk\Temp\.wbtemp

The DOS filepath looks like being from Oblivion's  WINE prefix.  Wrye Bash even creates a directory of that name as in  "mkdir  ./C:\\users\\rk\\Temp\\.wbtemp". It contains the Readme.md. Means it can write to it at some point. Maybe the backslashes eat up each other at some other point?

Here's the  console output. I start WB, click on the 'Installers' tab, and 'Anneal' some archive.

Spoiler

?➜  ~ wrye-bash.sh
?➜  ~ localize.py  113 setup_locale: Wrye Bash does not support the language family 'en', will however try to set locale to 'en'
localize.py  125 setup_locale: Set wxPython locale to 'en'
common.py   57 <module>: send2trash missing, recycling will not be possible
loot_parser.py   54 <module>: Using LibYAML-based parser
21:28:57: Debug: Adding duplicate image handler for 'Windows bitmap file'
21:28:57: Debug: Adding duplicate animation handler for '1' type
21:28:57: Debug: Adding duplicate animation handler for '2' type
balt.py   57 <module>: wx.html2.WebView is missing, features utilizing HTML will be disabled
bash.py  331 dump_environment: Using Wrye Bash Version 312.1
	OS info: Linux-6.6.8-2-MANJARO-x86_64-with-glibc2.38, running on <unknown>
	Python version: 3.11.6 (main, Nov 14 2023, 09:36:21) [GCC 13.2.1 20230801]
	Dependency versions:
	 - chardet: 5.2.0
	 - lxml: not found (optional)
	 - packaging: 23.2
	 - PyMuPDF: not found (optional)
	 - python-lz4: 4.3.2; bundled LZ4 version: 1.9.4
	 - PyYAML: 6.0.1
	 - requests: 2.31.0
	 - vdf: 3.4
	 - websocket-client: not found (optional)
	 - wxPython: 4.2.1 gtk3 (phoenix) wxWidgets 3.2.2.1
	Input encoding: utf-8; output encoding: None
	Filesystem encoding: utf-8
	Command line: ['Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw', '-o', '/home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion/', '-p', '/home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk/Documents/', '-l', '/home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk/AppData/Local', '-u', '/home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk', '-L', 'en']
bash.py  614 _import_bush_and_set_game: Searching for game to manage:
bush.py  178 _supportedGames: The following games are supported by this version of Wrye Bash:
  - Enderal (Steam)
  - Enderal Special Edition (GOG, Steam)
  - Fallout 3 (EGS, GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Fallout 4 (GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Fallout 4 VR (Steam)
  - Fallout New Vegas (EGS, GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Morrowind (GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Nehrim (GOG, Steam)
  - Oblivion (GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Skyrim (Steam)
  - Skyrim Special Edition (EGS, GOG, Steam, WS)
  - Skyrim VR (Steam)
  - Starfield (Steam, WS)
Wrye Bash looked for installations of supported games in the following places:
 1. Steam:
  No supported games were found via Steam.
 2. GOG (via Windows Registry):
  No supported games were found via GOG.
 3. Windows Store (Legacy):
  No supported games with modding enabled were found via the legacy Windows Store.
 4. Windows Store:
  No supported games were found via the Windows Store.
 5. Epic Games Store:
  No supported games were found via the Epic Games Store.
bush.py  246 _detectGames: Detecting games via the -o argument, bash.ini and relative path:
bush.py  252 _detectGames: Set game mode to Oblivion (Steam) specified via -o argument:  /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion
bush.py  268 __setGame: Using Oblivion (Steam) game: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion
initialization.py  141 init_dirs: My Games location set to /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk/Documents/My Games/Oblivion
initialization.py  165 init_dirs: LocalAppData location set to /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk/AppData/Local/Oblivion
initialization.py  223 init_dirs: Game Mods location set to /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods
initialization.py  231 init_dirs: Bash Mod Data location set to /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Mod Data
initialization.py  238 init_dirs: Installers location set to /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers
initialization.py  241 init_dirs: Installers bash data location set to /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers/Bash
initialization.py  249 init_dirs: Checking if WB directories exist and creating them if needed:
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Mod Data
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers/Bain Converters
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers/Bain Converters/--Duplicates
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers/Bain Converters/--Corrupt
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers/Bash
initialization.py  253 init_dirs:  - /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Installers/Bash/BSA Cache
loot_parser.py   87 __init__: Using these LOOT paths:
loot_parser.py   88 __init__:  Masterlist: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk/AppData/Local/LOOT/games/Oblivion/masterlist.yaml
loot_parser.py   89 __init__:  Userlist: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk/AppData/Local/LOOT/games/Oblivion/userlist.yaml
loot_parser.py   90 __init__:  Taglist (fallback): /home/*****/.local/bin/wrye-bash/taglists/Oblivion/taglist.yaml
loot_parser.py   97 __init__: Initialized loot_parser, compatible with LOOT metadata v0.21
__init__.py 3790 initBosh: Looking for main game INI at /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk/Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Oblivion.ini
__init__.py 1612 _initDB: Initializing BSAInfos
__init__.py 1613 _initDB:  store_dir: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion/Data
__init__.py 1614 _initDB:  bash_dir: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Mod Data/BSA Data
__init__.py 1612 _initDB: Initializing ModInfos
__init__.py 1613 _initDB:  store_dir: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion/Data
__init__.py 1614 _initDB:  bash_dir: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Mod Data
_games_lo.py  645 print_lo_paths: Using the following load order files:
_games_lo.py  652 print_lo_paths:  - Active plugins: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk/AppData/Local/Oblivion/Plugins.txt
__init__.py 1612 _initDB: Initializing SaveInfos
__init__.py 1613 _initDB:  store_dir: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk/Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Saves
__init__.py 1614 _initDB:  bash_dir: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/users/rk/Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Saves/Bash
__init__.py 1612 _initDB: Initializing INIInfos
__init__.py 1613 _initDB:  store_dir: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion/Data/INI Tweaks
__init__.py 1614 _initDB:  bash_dir: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Mod Data/INI Data
__init__.py 3809 __init__: Constructing panel 'Installers'
__init__.py 3818 __init__: Panel 'Installers' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3809 __init__: Constructing panel 'Mods'
__init__.py 3818 __init__: Panel 'Mods' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3809 __init__: Constructing panel 'Saves'
__init__.py 3818 __init__: Panel 'Saves' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3809 __init__: Constructing panel 'INI Edits'
__init__.py 3818 __init__: Panel 'INI Edits' constructed successfully
__init__.py 3809 __init__: Constructing panel 'Screenshots'
__init__.py 1612 _initDB: Initializing ScreenInfos
__init__.py 1613 _initDB:  store_dir: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion
__init__.py 1614 _initDB:  bash_dir: /home/*****/.wine32/drive_c/Oblivion Mods/Bash Mod Data/Screenshot Data
__init__.py 3818 __init__: Panel 'Screenshots' constructed successfully

(Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw:120092): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:28:59.747: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/balt.py", line 1684, in __Execute
    self.Execute()
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/basher/installer_links.py", line 459, in Execute
    self.idata.bain_anneal(self._installables, ui_refresh,
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/bosh/bain.py", line 2879, in bain_anneal
    self._remove_restore(removes, restores, refresh_ui, _cede_ownership,
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/bosh/bain.py", line 2825, in _remove_restore
    self._restoreFiles(restores, refresh_ui, progress)
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/bosh/bain.py", line 2852, in _restoreFiles
    refresh_ui.update(self._installer_install(
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/bosh/bain.py", line 2631, in _installer_install
    data_sizeCrcDate_update, refresh_ui_ = installer.install(
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/bosh/bain.py", line 1275, in install
    return self._install(dest_src, progress)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/bosh/bain.py", line 1567, in _install
    return self._fs_install(dest_src, srcDirJoin, progress,
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/bosh/bain.py", line 1314, in _fs_install
    fs_operation(sources_dests, progress.getParent())
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/env/__init__.py", line 88, in shellMove
    return operate(FileOperationType.MOVE, sources_dests,
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/env/common.py", line 461, in file_operation
    return __copy_or_move(srcs_dsts, rename_on_collision, ask_confirm, parent,
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/bash/env/common.py", line 371, in __copy_or_move
    raise FileNotFoundError(from_path_s)
FileNotFoundError: /home/-----/.local/bin/wrye-bash/C:\users\rk\Temp\.wbtemp/6sg8rxcg/BashTags\Unofficial Oblivion Patch.txt

(Wrye Bash Launcher.pyw:120092): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 21:29:17.994: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar

Thanks for your time.  (Hope the formatting is ok.)  Regards, tp.

Oh wow, people are already using my AUR package :)

First up, don't worry about Python 3.12 - the wrye-bash package does not track dev (if it did, by AUR guidelines it would need a -git suffix), it just packages the fixed 312 release, which only needs Python 3.11.

Second, regarding the weird

path - I think this happens because you used WB under wine first(?) and it stored that path as the temporary files folder. It then uses that as a path relative to the working directory (~/.local/bin/wrye-bash), hence why "Wrye Bash even creates a directory of that name". Please open the settings (gear icon at the bottom) and check what path is listed under General > Temporary Folder - and then I'd try resetting it (via that "rewind" looking button to the right).

As for the third point, I'm not sure what's going on there. Maybe there are some paths with backslashes in them stored in your Installers.dat?

File "bash\bash.py", line 425, in main
  File "bash\bash.py", line 573, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 4344, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 4371, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 2199, in __init__
bash.exception.FileError: Oblivion.esm: File is required, but could not be found

1 hour ago, Satchelstoes said:

File "bash\bash.py", line 425, in main
  File "bash\bash.py", line 573, in _main
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 4344, in Init
  File "bash\basher\__init__.py", line 4371, in InitData
  File "bash\bosh\__init__.py", line 2199, in __init__
bash.exception.FileError: Oblivion.esm: File is required, but could not be found

Exactly as the error says, Oblivion.esm is required but missing. Try reinstalling or repairing your game.

21 hours ago, Infernio said:

Oh wow, people are already using my AUR package :)

First up, don't worry about Python 3.12 - the wrye-bash package does not track dev (if it did, by AUR guidelines it would need a -git suffix), it just packages the fixed 312 release, which only needs Python 3.11.

Second, regarding the weird

path - I think this happens because you used WB under wine first(?) and it stored that path as the temporary files folder. It then uses that as a path relative to the working directory (~/.local/bin/wrye-bash), hence why "Wrye Bash even creates a directory of that name". Please open the settings (gear icon at the bottom) and check what path is listed under General > Temporary Folder - and then I'd try resetting it (via that "rewind" looking button to the right).

As for the third point, I'm not sure what's going on there. Maybe there are some paths with backslashes in them stored in your Installers.dat?

The chimneys in Bruma are smoking, the windows in the chapel are festively lit.  All is well.  (The wizard installed RAEVWD + AWLS for me.)  Yay!

The temp. directory was the perpetrator.  In all these years, I've never even seen the little cog for the settings! :rolleyes:

Two hiccups remain.

First:
When installing, I get a looong list of file-not-found errors like this one:

Spoiler

(Things between the curly brackets are my translations.)

chmod: {... can't access ...} '/home/foobar/.local/loopmnt/OblivionData/Data/.wbtemp/n1z0ngqi/Meshes/Architecture/ImperialCity/Interior/ICGroundFloor02.NIF' {... file not found ...}

And then a few like this (they come in pairs):

find: ‘/home/foobar/.local/loopmnt/OblivionData/Data/.wbtemp/n1z0ngqi/Sound/Voice/Oblivion.esm/Imperial’: {... file not found ...}
chmod: {... can't access ...} '/home/foobar/.local/loopmnt/OblivionData/Data/.wbtemp/n1z0ngqi/Sound/Voice/Oblivion.esm/Imperial' {... file not found ...}

(Same effect when I set the temp. directory to "/home/foobar/tmp", just to be sure.  But I set it right back to the 'default' setting, which is on the loopy drive which is setup with casefold enabled!)

Access time for the temp. directory suggests that there was stuff happening.

Second:
A "Bashed Path Error" pops up:  "Css file not found: wtxt_sand_small.css".  But it's right there, where it belongs, under Oblivion/Mopy/Docs.

So, I don't get the pretty yellow page, and I'm not asked if I wanted the Patch ticked pronto.  Again, no problem.

Last but not least:

Spoiler

You are a lifesaver! Thank you for the AUR and the trouble-shooting.