Clothing Retex Request

Dwip

I'm down.Although, as I am me, a couple thoughts:- It might be worth it to change the color of that round belt buckle thing to gold or something for the contrast. Maybe not.- Hard to tell from here, but it might be worth doing a bit of shading or normal mapping to raise the accents from the dress. They look a bit painted on right now.- Also, it might be worth changing up the pattern size on the top accents on the skirt. Looks a bit strange, especially in the back. Then again, maybe not.Either way I am a fan.(also, kitty!)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Hana

• Conner

• Arthmoor

Top Posters In This Topic

Point 3, not sure what you're saying. You'd like the lace trimmed down to a shorter height on the upper part of the skirt?

Pattern larger on the ass = Not a good idea. Trust me. Ask any woman. Have I mentioned we need more women around here?That said, revised version. The top and skirt are closer matched in colour, and a new doohickey thing in front, which I now notice is off-center, meh. The trim isn't flat, you'll have to see it for yourself.

Larger pattern = illusion of bigger ass, I presume. I wear khakis and have no fashion sense.New version looks cool, although I think I liked the plain silver doohickey thing better than the patterned one since it stands out more. I'd like the patterned one a lot more if it wasn't blue - blends into the dress too much.I will believe you on the trim, since I can kind of see it better now.

Well, yes, it is. That's why most wives tell their husbands what to wear so they don't look stupid. We can pick the single men out of the crowd. :PWhich is why I'm wondering why I'm taking fashion design advice from Dwip. :lol:I'll put the first doohickey on the 2nd dress and calling it done and moving on to the steel armour. Do you want matchy matchy accessories like helmet/shield/gloves?

New version looks very nice.Why's fashion sense only for girls and ducks, Samson? ;)You know, Hana, not all guys are completely devoid of fashion sense, after all the fashion police are usually all males.. or at least in body structure... innocent.gif

If you saw my daily wardrobe, you wouldn't need to ask that question :PUh, and that was *ducks* as in ducking for cover - since there's no duck and cover smilie.

You're saying that your daily wardrobe is that bad?Oh, I know, but it was just such an easy opening along the same line as the classic "say 'Goodnight', Gracie" joke from the Burns and Allen show. ;)

You know' date=' Hana, not all guys are completely devoid of fashion sense, after all the fashion police are usually all males.. or at least in body structure... [img']http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/innocent.gif[/img]
Exactly. Any around here? So, uh, yeah, 'nough said. Not that I'm one to claim fashion sense either, I spend most of the day in my jammies. :lol:

I don't know, after the last few trips to Walmart I'm about ready to believe that running around all day in your jammies is the very height of current fashion. :facepalm:

Walmart is a strange place. Although, you know, I've been around campus life on three different universities now, so I think I'm immune to the jammies thing.And it has been my experience that women are far, far more of the fashion police than men ever were, but YMMV.

Walmart is a very strange place at times, but lately I've seen more and more people (mostly younger women) out and about in pajamas even at other businesses too. :crazy:In real life, that may be true, but I was thinking more of a bit of a comedy routine by Robbin Williams in which he clearly makes it seem that the fashion police are gay males. :shrug:

Re: PJs, this is so. Presumably mostly young women as young women are the overwhelmingly largest demographic for PJ-wearers in the first place.And ah.Also, as an aside, since I don't feel like making a new thread because I'm lazy:Dear Fearless Leader: consider full readmes and changelogs actually on Nexus for your stuff. Hunting down Bethsoft threads is freaking annoying. And the number of times Nexus would have been the quickest way to check the readme is starting to hit non-trivial numbers.

I don't know if women really are the overwhelming demographic for PJ wearers or not. I've certainly donned PJs more than a few times in my life myself, though I can't say that I've ever done so to go to the store or a fast food place before. On the other hand, I may have gone as far as my mailbox in PJs before. :shrug:Surely your jammies can't be so bad, nor you look so badly in them, that it would be a true indignity to be seen in them, Hana? :huh:As for full readmes and changelogs, wouldn't the most appropriate solution simply be to include them in the downloadable archive to begin with rather than worrying about posting them to a given site? For that matter, are they not already contained within the downloadable archives for all his mods?

Guys generally do the boxers thing, or at least they did in my college days. Actual full-scale PJs in some form were generally something the girls did. *shrug*The thing is, I like checking changelogs and readmes before/while downloading stuff. It being in the archive is nice, but needing to download it, hunt it down, etc is kind of an annoying extra step. Also it's pretty often that I'll say to myself "does NRB do *thing*?" and the fastest place to check would be Nexus, as I have a lot of crap to dig through on my HD. Also it's always bugged me that while Samson's really good about posting changelogs in the Beth threads, Nexus doesn't even get so much as a release comment most of the time....which is odd to me, btw. My Nexus thread is every bit of 3-4x more active than my Bethsoft thread. For Samson it appears to be the other way around by quite a bit for a bunch of his stuff....what topic derailment?

Ok then, enough about the jammies, before I get the idea in my head that NPC's need jammies and go create them :P@Dwip, (funny I expected our fearless leader to respond to this already), his ReadMe's are fully written out in the "Options" section of the download page, where it opens up a pretty html version of the doc, as it should. To be honest, I like this method as opposed to very very very long description boxes containing this info. Typically release comments are in, well, comments. Most times. I've seen times this hasn't happened and yes, had to run over to Beth to see what was up.

Well, fuck. How did I not notice that?(probably because the readme tab is no longer a tab. Hard to notice. Eh.)

Regarding PJs: I still routinely notice mens full pajama sets on sale from time to time and have even gotten them as gifts every few years from my various wives. :shrug:As for NPCs needing PJs, why not?Regarding Readmes: I wasn't aware they were there either, but I only check descriptions in the file downloads sections unless one of you links a specific thread anyway, and for that reason pretty much never visit Bethsoft at all.

I failed to respond because I went to bed early last night, got up relatively early this morning, and spirited myself off to the theater to watch Harry Potter before the place was overrun with noisy brats. There's a lot to be said for the 10am showing, and I will certainly be making a similar effort for next month's duo of good movies.With that said, Hana is the only one who appears to be aware that Nexus has a readme button for modders to upload their readmes. A button I've made diligent use of. While I may not always post a quickie in the comments for each release thread, I do make sure the official BGS threads have those.I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again anyway. You guys can manage your own releases however you see fit, and I'll manage mine as I see fit.Re: Nightwear - It's all about underwear for me.

I really think Dwip was just making a well intentioned suggestion, not trying to tell you how you had to do it. Hana and I were just responding to Dwip's comments on the topic. :shrug:As for nightclothes, apparently they're not just for nights anymore. ;)