• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dwip

• Hana

• Conner

• Arthmoor

Top Posters In This Topic

The flowers work for me. May or may not need a bit of shading for cloth rumples, etc, however.As far as the dunmer shirt, works for me, although obviously still needs a bit more black striping, and there's a fairly obvious texture seam down the front of the orange part.

There is some very subtle shading in the dress, on the sleeves and plain panel of the skirt. Maybe too subtle.What more black striping would you like on the shirt? The two down the sides? I remember you said it didn't matter if it had the cross panel. And uh, I don't see a texture seam but I'll rework it somehow.

I like the latest dress, I think that should work much more nicely actually, though I thought the last one before that was pretty nice too.Is that what's missing from the Dunmer shirt? Black striping? I knew it felt sort of plain, but I wasn't quite sure what was missing. (That's why my best critique was sturdy and functional... I couldn't think of anything nicer to say while still being honest. :()

Well, a few things.- The texture seam is, if you look at the left collar, that straight line. It looks to intersect another slightly above the belt, too.- The pattern in the orange part of the shirt looks for all the world like leather, which the shirt isn't. Could stand a pattern like that on the sleeves.- In the shirt I screenshotted, the entire front panel (and the back one for that matter) is outlined in black. Furthermore, all the black is outlined by yellow. I think the addition of those things would really help the outfit. As it is, the front of the shirt makes it look like a moderately fancy leather vest, you see.

I think the dress should have flowers on the arms, and maybe on the outer skirt instead of the underskirt at the front?

Hmm, interesting thought Sigurd, I'll try that.@Dwip; the texture isn't leather. The pic you had looks like fur to me but I went with a more polished shorter haired felt texture. If you don't like it, I can find a furry, no problem. Personally I like the plain look, but it's your shirt. Striping coming up. Turns out the belt didn't quite make it all the way around the shirt so it was flawed anyway. You called it orange? Seems I'll be adjusting the colour too, was going for a goldish tone.@Conner; Yes, bumblebee it is. And you don't always have to be nice in feedback, I'll never learn that way. :P

It's actually some kind of patterned silk, I think. It's hard to tell because the texture's so small.The point, re: fancy, is that this is a shirt worn by a rich dude. This shirt does not yet scream "rich dude" to me. *shrug*

Ok, gotcha. Trying my best here.I did just learn a better way to make wavy ribbon, which will make the trim much much easier. And I'll try some of my brocade textures.

I was taught that it's better to pay a small and insignificant compliment than to say nothing, even when you've nothing nice to say. For example, when meeting someone new, if you find nothing at all complementary to say to them, one can always still say "What nice shoes." ;)I'm not a huge fan of flowery prints myself, but I'll once again reserve judgment until I've seen what we're actually talking about. Perhaps neither of you has in mind what I would think of as overboard. ;)In this case, with the newest picture, I'd say it's looking leatherish, but it's definitely closer to what I imagine Dwip is asking for.

@Conner - unless they're barefoot.Yeah, a better direction. I like the pattern. That said:- A darker, more orangey color would be nice. Yellow is eargh. However, that yellow is a good color for the yellow trim bits.- I'd make the vertical trim about 75% of how wide it is now, and move it so that it more or less intersected with the shoulder bits.

• 1 month later...

Not so much that anyone here's likely to accuse you of ADHD or anything, but, maybe a little. ;)Hmm, very shiny.. I like the filigree on the sleeves and I like the collar. I just don't know if I'd want to wear a tunic with that much sheen though. :shrug:

More that when you spend five years in a place, the color scheme becomes ingrained upon you. ;)

Holy orange website, Batman. :stare: Although I do love that colour. Ok, so tone down the orange and slide down a bit toward yellow. Gotcha. (I thought it would be a harder sell than that, lol)ADHD?! Me? Wait, what was that....

SQUIRREL!Shouldn't it be orange?Anyway, so I realized rather than me posting 20 pics of the same shirt trying to slightly change the colour, Dwip is perfectly capable of changing the colour himself to his liking. Check the modders resources section, pending approval.