Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

So the Legion/Stormcloak quests are going to make the quest for open cities really' date=' really exciting.[/quote']Hopefully in a good way? I really need to stop screwing around so much with side quests and push the Stormcloak thing along.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

Mostly. The quests are slightly repetetive in a good way, but I did enjoy the questline. However, there seems to be a lot of obvious FUBAR dialogue and such post-completion - people are still talking about Ulfric Stormcloak like he didn't get his ass kicked by me single-handedly, frex.What I'm really talking about, though, is...picture MQ16/post-crisis IC Temple District, then spread that across multiple cities. It's going to make OC Whiterun and OC Winterhold a lot tougher for you.

Tougher only in the sense that I'll be trying to decipher a new quest system in the process. Hopefully the CK is still another week or two out so that I won't become tempted to spend more time in there than playing the game :PThe IC Temple in and of itself wouldn't have proven that difficult. What would have proven difficult was the entire set of other districts with misaligned models that was around it.Since each city in Skyrim is its own unit the issues are less of a problem than even Kvatch would have presented. If it's really only Whiterun and Winterhold that present this issue that's going to make things that much easier.Er, also, yes. Winterhold is already an open city. Perhaps he meant Windhelm?

Yeah, Windhelm. I always get those two confused. There's, what, three W-something cities in this game? Oi. OC Winterhold should be pretty easy. :P

So I kept being all "Meh, do I really want to go to Markarth? Maybe I should go next game."Man, what was I thinking? That place is badass. Really awesome quests, too.Speaking of, this may be the first game sans Shivering Isles where I really get a sense of who the daedra lords are and how they roll. Very well done quests.

I felt much the same way about Solitude. Sort of like "eh, do I care?" Then got there and realized, yes, I care, because damn those visuals alone were worth it. Interesting quests too. I only ended up going there because I was starting to pile up a bunch there. First impressions of the Bards College are lackluster though. All the hype, I expected more.I agree on the Daedra. Aside from notables like Azura who made themselves important before, the rest of them are really making their personalities better known.

Dear Markarth City Guards: learn 2 fight, noobs. Too bad killing all of you fails my quest. Which is a totally badass quest, might I add.

Picture day.Here's why we go to Markarth:markarth.jpgAnd because this was awesome, here's a random dragon taking on the entire Karthspire Forsworn redoubt:karthspiredragon.jpgThat actually turned into a major three-way fight between me, the dragon, and the Forsworn, which was exciting.Meanwhile, that thing with arrows is sort of amusing at times. I should probably see a doctor about this:arrows.jpgAnd, lastly, one of the most amusing physics bugs I've ever seen in my life. It's a gigantic spoiler, so if you haven't yet been up to talk to Paarthurnax, don't click or read the spoiler:Image

So, no shit, there I was talking to Paarthurnax when I guess he decided to fly or something, and the game decided that no, that just wouldn't do, and flung Paarthy waaaaaaaaaaaaaay far up in the sky where he proceeded to stay for the rest of our conversation before flying back down normally. He was so far up it was a good thing I had subtitles on, because his voice faded rapidly into silence. It was hilarious.

Also, woo. Got the 50 skill books achievement. Probably saving the level 50 and get all the daedric artifacts for the next guy though, since I can't really justify Namira's quest to myself just now with my uber-law abiding Imperial orc.

Just finished it myself. I had to take out four. It would have probably only been two, but I got cocky and didn't wait for nightfall to do the hives and got spotted.I feel like Riften is going to be quest-rich for opposing sides. I hope so.

My first mission for the Thieves Guild was pretty interesting. I was tasked with infiltrating a heavily guarded estate' date=' burning down a few things, and cleaning out the safe. I was obviously successful, thanks largely to every single guard in the whole building conveniently having their backs to wherever I was or wanted to go. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, two lives were lost in the heist, but they presented me with no other choice. Murder is not the way of the Thief, but if he must defend himself, he will.[/quote']

Kind of annoying that you have to get involved in the different factions to find all the shouts. There is one that you can only get if you join the Companions, another that you can only get if you join the Thieves Guild, another that you can only find if you join the Dark Brotherhood....

Forelhost was too much for my dagger rogue at level 13. :( I kept getting mobbed and just couldn't take three and four at once. Somehow I made it out without dying, thanks to a decent supply of minor stamina pots and running my ass off.Forelhost is a barrow SE of Riften if anyone is feeling adventurous. There's also a dragon peak called Lost Tongue Overlook further south and less east. It has a word and a dragon (and lots of pillars to hide from aerial breath attacks with).

Seems to be a lot of that in Skyrim, actually. I've seen Nord/Redguard marriages, two elf species, and I think an elf/human one once. I don't think that was something that happened, let alone this much, in previous TES games. Maybe I'm forgetting something.

Maybe they'll add in graphics for dual-wielding. Invisible weapons FTW. Probably fix that bug with Esbern and the cave that CTDs you if you're not in windowed mode.

Seems to be a lot of that in Skyrim' date=' actually. I've seen Nord/Redguard marriages, two elf species, and I think an elf/human one once. I don't think that was something that happened, let alone this much, in previous TES games. Maybe I'm forgetting something.[/quote']The Harbourmaster in Anvil was married to a Wood Elf, one Septim had a Dummer wife (apparently had kids too), then there's Barenziah's daliance with a Khajiit....

Which Esbern cave bug again?@Sigurd - You remember better than me, then.@Random - So, Blackreach. Is a place. That exists. And, uh, er.I used to think I could design dungeons. That idea is undergoing a serious reappraisal right now.

Oh, and in other news, my first elder dragon showed up as I was walking out of the college in Winterhold.winterholdelderdragon.jpgTurns out he wasn't all that tough, since his frost breath couldn't hurt me, and the assorted high-level mages take a really dim view of dragons, as it happens.However, there's nothing like a dragon attack to make one feel that they're not so much playing a game as playing a participant in an epic movie.

Speaking of the College of Winterhold, it was home to my first quest breakdown in the game:

After listening to Tolfdir's lecture and getting to the part where I must defend myself from a spell he casts, Tolfdir failed to cast the spell. He is now refusing to do it again, and the quest is broken because I need to deflect that fireball he now refuses to cast with my Ward in order to finish the lecture.

I've just checked the IDs on UESP and was able to successfully force the quest progression to where it should have been if it did not break. SetStage and StartQuest console commands appear to be intact.

The Esbern bug and the cave bug are separate things.For some people, Esberns dialog sound files are screwed up, so it messes with all of the stuff he does with you / you with him.The cave bug is some cave to the west of Riverwood, but I forget exactly where. I'll post back when I find it. The internet people said it's a sound bug, but for some reason, it's fine if you play in windowed mode. You can do the cave, then save and restart in fullscreen.Not everyone may get these bugs -- I really don't know.Also, I just took out a blood dragon and Krosis at the same time. Kind of. I got the dragon separated from the lich and kill them one at a time. At least the mask and shout have use for this character.TESV%2525202011-11-19%25252020-10-12-38.pngAlso, because this guy wasn't Luke Skywalker...TESV%2525202011-11-18%25252011-26-17-04.png

Well, shit. It looks like my game's clock is fucked. Apparently 10 AM is the new 12 AM as far as the game is concerned for when today becomes tomorrow. I might need to restart, because my clock is now a full ten hours ahead of my calendar.This bug is, unfortunately, caused by disabling V-Sync, so I have to rescind all recommendations to disable it. LEAVE IT THE HELL ON!!!This has been your helping of Bethesda Coding Incompetence for today.