Jump to content

[RELz] Mertz's WizBAIN thread


Beermotor
 Share

Recommended Posts

I gave the prototype DarN BCF a test run. Applied the BCF to the manual install version. BCF applied fine and then chose wizard for installing and that loaded fine. Chose Font Variants and DarkUI Load  Screens . The font option wouldnt remain checkmarked at the final package screen. Started the game anyways and the UI and load screens work fine, but the fonts have overlapping issues in various places. I looked in INI Tweaks folder and no DarN related files showed up there. Fonts might be conflicting with something from Oblivion Reloaded or perhaps Full Better Cites.

Edit: I see now that the fonts are inside a folder labeled missing.  I tried manually installing the ini tweaks files, but something is locking the ini tweaks folder to read only mode. The files dont stay there. It might be OR locking it. 

Further Edit- Its not being set to read only mode, but something is making the files not stay in the ini tweaks folder. It might be me somehow not doing it right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I uninstalled the mod and will wait for the next BCF. I got a strange issue now. All the files seem to have been removed properly but now I when I start Oblivion I get a strange start screen with flickering border.  It used to take up the whole screen properly and the cursor is abit less accurate on the options to continue load etc. Any ideas how to fix ? The save game still loads if I try.

Edit: I was able to fix it by replacing the files Oblivion iv logo.bik and Map loop.bik and some fonts which the uninstall deleted.

20171022012949_1.jpg

Edited by Sladen2019
fixed issue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

In my case I didn't use the OMOD to do the conversion walkthrough, I used the "DarkUId DarN 16 Manual Version" file to convert into a BAIN which didn't seem all that complicated (see Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide, Images Tab, Page 3, first image is C1 followed by all the rest through to the end screens where you can see it all working). I ended up with about 7 sub-packages to make choices from ..

I think I made a decision to chop out some of it to make things simpler, at the bottom of screen C6 the last paragraph, mentions the atmospheric and Trollf additional loading screens, you need to download those separately if you want to include them as part of the same BAIN so the whole thing if those are included are not doable with a BCF, but for the complete functioning of DarkUI DarN, they are not necessary, they are just literally loading screens which the game will randomly choose from to show during loading ..

For me it all worked great.

In my walkthrough I also included the KCAS thing, but really I never had anyone came back with any need for it or even knowledge about it, so I dont think it would be missed by anyone if not included (see screen C8), so it could be cut down to 6 sub-packages minus that one.

I used to use Wrye's own method, until I had a go at my own which ended up including an option or two not in Wrye's version.

Edit : Forgot to mention earlier reference using the ini tweaks : Yep feel free to use anything from the guide

Ok good deal. I mainly only included some of those for completeness.

Re: the OMOD thing, I wanted to extract the OMOD version to snitch the scripts and images out of it. :D  I think it would probably be acceptable to use the images as the MA would have certainly included them in the BAIN installer if there had ever been one.  Besides, it helps install and propagate the mod which is always a good thing.

16 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Then extract the OMOD in the OBMM-Extended.  I know WB once had such a feature that allow the user to extract an OMOD in WB, but how it is now I dunno. 

I'm going to try OBMM-Extended next. I just downloaded it a few minutes ago and if the 21 October version of Bash is still not extracting I'll try it.

16 hours ago, alt3rn1ty said:

I reported the problem with Wrye Bash failing to extract omods thursday, Utumno said its an easy fix and will be in the next nightly build

I just snagged the build from last night which hopefully resolved the OMOD thing. I have a ton of testing to do for Utumno this morning for Bash so I'll add that into the tests. :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

I gave the prototype DarN BCF a test run. Applied the BCF to the manual install version. BCF applied fine and then chose wizard for installing and that loaded fine. Chose Font Variants and DarkUI Load  Screens . The font option wouldnt remain checkmarked at the final package screen. Started the game anyways and the UI and load screens work fine, but the fonts have overlapping issues in various places. I looked in INI Tweaks folder and no DarN related files showed up there. Fonts might be conflicting with something from Oblivion Reloaded or perhaps Full Better Cites.

Edit: I see now that the fonts are inside a folder labeled missing.  I tried manually installing the ini tweaks files, but something is locking the ini tweaks folder to read only mode. The files dont stay there. It might be OR locking it. 

Further Edit- Its not being set to read only mode, but something is making the files not stay in the ini tweaks folder. It might be me somehow not doing it right.

Thank you for testing. I'm thinking since the fonts + INI tweaks are such a core part of the mod I'm just going to install those by default. 

I had originally wanted to try to make a single Wizard that could work with either the original Wrye DarNIfied BAIN (which is what I personally use) and the DarkUI package, but I see now that this isn't going to be possible.

Now that I've read @alt3rn1ty's posts on the subject I think I'm going to need to gut and restructure this thing to streamline the ancillary compatibility stuff for mods that are unobtainable as of 2017.

Do you guys think that would be fair?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update:  The OMOD stuff is still iffy in the latest Bash build so I used OBMM Extended and got the images extracted. I had forgotten that OBMM turns everything into a RTF file. :o

So I have a lot more info than I did previously as well because in addition to the script, I have all of the OMOD conversion data as well. This should be extremely useful.

P.S. I like this stuff because some of it is so old now that it's like doing computer forensics.  I found this yesterday while looking through the UESP Wiki for information for example. This is stuff that needs to be saved for posterity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@alt3rn1ty I simply copy/pasted the original files form another hardrive which has Oblivion on it also. All  of the DarN fonts were wiped properly with the uninstall, it was just that it also deleted some needed original files. I manually copied that ini tweak and my game was fine save wise. It was just some ui/interface issues that I had to resolve.

56 minutes ago, Beermotor said:

Thank you for testing. I'm thinking since the fonts + INI tweaks are such a core part of the mod I'm just going to install those by default. 

I had originally wanted to try to make a single Wizard that could work with either the original Wrye DarNIfied BAIN (which is what I personally use) and the DarkUI package, but I see now that this isn't going to be possible.

Now that I've read @alt3rn1ty's posts on the subject I think I'm going to need to gut and restructure this thing to streamline the ancillary compatibility stuff for mods that are unobtainable as of 2017.

Do you guys think that would be fair?

Gut and restructure sounds fine to me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Beermotor said:

P.S. I like this stuff because some of it is so old now that it's like doing computer forensics.  I found this yesterday while looking through the UESP Wiki for information for example. This is stuff that needs to be saved for posterity.

UESP is going to be around for some time. It's too valuable to lose because it boasts a confession thread :P for confirmed Tesaholics!

Are we still on? Will be a bit... once having examined the package from Nexus.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lmstearn said:

UESP is going to be around for some time. It's too valuable to lose because it boasts a confession thread :P for confirmed Tesaholics!

Are we still on? Will be a bit... once having examined the package from Nexus.

 

That's awesome. I need to make an account over there. :)

Yes we're still on. My wife is glaring at me because our gutters are starting to fill with leaves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lmstearn said:

 

Bit of a hiccup. It is the latest BE WB version. 

 

 

 

I just tried that with the same nightly build standalone and DarNified UI 1.3.2.omod extracted fine

Could you reproduce the problem after a fresh download (to be sure its not file corruption), and then if the errors show in a BashBugDump.log, paste the log in the wrye bash topic for Utumno to have a look at ?

Oh wait - Just noticed you have not extracted the .omod from the zip first, you are trying to get Wrye Bash to extract a zip, and then extract the .omod at the same time = Not going to work. Extract the .omod using 7zip or WinRAR first, then drag n drop the .omod itself into the Installers Tab window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Alt: The data.7z shouldn't be there (a ferfe, sorry). Was dragging in a new data.omod to get the error (already extracted and renamed).

There can't be any version checking done as there are no named esps for such- no previous versions seem to exist- and in any case it's been 1.32 for the last 10 years or so!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I've made some progress too now that I have a the unpacked OMOD. I've created a Wizard Images folder for the images.

I'll try to whip up a prettier BCF+Wizard shortly.

On 10/23/2017 at 8:12 AM, lmstearn said:

Within the menus we have prefabs which, unfortunately are nested 3 deep viz prefabs\darn\inventory. Do we have to bring them down to one deep as per?

I can't remember if it is just THIS OMOD or ALL OMODS but it's one of the most discombobulated messes I've ever seen. I can't believe anyone would have done this intentionally if they ever thought other human beings were going to see it. Holy shit it's terrible.

It's so bad I think we're going to have to refer to the script source to figure out just where the heck all the (proper) files are since there are multiple files of the same name, stuffed all over the place. I posted the relevant script section in one of my previous posts if it is needed.

EDIT: I also uninstalled Oblivion Reloaded. It looks pretty but it keeps messing with my video setting, disabling anti-aliasing at random, etc.  Is this just this new version or am I forgetting something in my advancing age?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Hey guys, I've made some progress too now that I have a the unpacked OMOD. I've created a Wizard Images folder for the images.

I'll try to whip up a prettier BCF+Wizard shortly.

I can't remember if it is just THIS OMOD or ALL OMODS but it's one of the most discombobulated messes I've ever seen. I can't believe anyone would have done this intentionally if they ever thought other human beings were going to see it. Holy shit it's terrible.

It's so bad I think we're going to have to refer to the script source to figure out just where the heck all the (proper) files are since there are multiple files of the same name, stuffed all over the place. I posted the relevant script section in one of my previous posts if it is needed.

EDIT: I also uninstalled Oblivion Reloaded. It looks pretty but it keeps messing with my video setting, disabling anti-aliasing at random, etc.  Is this just this new version or am I forgetting something in my advancing age?

OblivionReloaded.ini has an SMAA option that is probably disabled by default. In my opinion it looks and performs better than MSAA. SMAA shouldnt be used in conjunction with MSAA or any  of nvidia control panel/amd control panel  forced aliasing. HDR works fine with OR's SMAA. best to go through all the instructions at this page throughly and then edit its ini to enable/disable stuff. http://tesreloaded.com/thread/2/package

Not going to restructure DarkUI ? It might be necessary to properly remove fonts and keep Oblivion iv logo.bik and Map loop.bik working as normal if it ever gets uninstalled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Update on the wizard: I ran all of the DarkUI images through Photoshop and took 21MB of images down to 3MB.

Update 2: Here's a much prettier BCF, now with images.  This one is still kind of a prototype since I spent most of my time this afternoon working on cleaning up the images.

DarkUId DarN 16 newBAIN-11280-BCF.7z

Ok thanks, nice. Won't worry about adding in the images (yet) - they can be done later.

Quote

one of the most discombobulated messes I've ever seen.

Concentrate on just the menu subfolder first.

private void InstallSelected(ListBox.SelectedObjectCollection lbItems)

I take everything in this routine is not optional or the items in the for each can be unselected. Correct? (looks like it)

In which case we take all the mandatory items and put them in 000 say. Which is cool as all  the items in meshes and textures root are required.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is just a start (skeleton) on the menus- (not working)

...

Oh darn, forgot about the folders: (posted an update to correct them)

 

 

Hmmm:

Can Bain handle ini tweaks?

Quote

            case "Colored Local Map":
                    sf.EditINI("[Display]", "bLocalMapShader", "0");

Else a feature request for an Ini Tweak BAIN Interface. This shouldn't be too difficult for Utumno- any chance for 308?

This is also required for installing the fonts. Oh dear. Failing BAIN summoning up a bat file or similar, what?

Quote

sf.EditXMLReplace("menus\\prefabs\\darn\\stats_config.xml", "<_KCAS> &false; </_KCAS>", "<_KCAS> &true; </_KCAS>");

Does Bain handle text replace? Else an extra edited version of the file will have to be included- might be easier just using "custom_files\\KCAS_stats_config.xml".

 

DarnTest.7z

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/25/2017 at 7:56 AM, lmstearn said:

Can Bain handle ini tweaks?

Else a feature request for an Ini Tweak BAIN Interface. This shouldn't be too difficult for Utumno- any chance for 308?

Thank you for putting this together. I did a quick glance over it and I may actually prefer your wizard to my own. :)

Regarding INI tweaks, yes WizBAIN can edit the game's INI files directly. Here's an example for a Skyrim grass mod I helped with:

EditINI('Skyrim.ini', 'Grass', 'iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure', 10)

Basically it uses the EditINI function with the arguments 'Filename', 'Heading', 'SubHeading', Value. If Value is an integer you do not need to place it in quotes. 

I'm fairly ill at the moment with a respiratory infection and have some Wrye Bash stuff to do today but I plan on working with this at some point this weekend. I think with this section we have everything necessary to do the full BAIN installer, it just needs to be put together.

EDIT: forgot to include that 'EditINI' doesn't apply the INI tweak immediately but puts it into the "INI Tweaks" tab. Doing it through the wizard gives the user the ability to decide which INI tweak to use. Technically I could take all of the tweaks in @alt3rn1ty's INI Tweaks add-on for DarkUI and give the user the choice during install, but that would also mean they had to re-run the wizard to switch fonts. I prefer to just go to the INI Edits tab and switch. Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will have a look tonight, :)

19 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Thank you for putting this together. I did a quick glance over it and I may actually prefer your wizard to my own. :)

 

Actually, that's still required at least for the DarkUI mod.

 

19 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Regarding INI tweaks, yes WizBAIN can edit the game's INI files directly. Here's an example for a Skyrim grass mod I helped with:


EditINI('Skyrim.ini', 'Grass', 'iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure', 10)

Basically it uses the EditINI function with the arguments 'Filename', 'Heading', 'SubHeading', Value. If Value is an integer you do not need to place it in quotes. 

Ah, missed that. Okay, thanks.

19 hours ago, Beermotor said:

I'm fairly ill at the moment with a respiratory infection and have some Wrye Bash stuff to do today but I plan on working with this at some point this weekend. I think with this section we have everything necessary to do the full BAIN installer, it just needs to be put together.

EDIT: forgot to include that 'EditINI' doesn't apply the INI tweak immediately but puts it into the "INI Tweaks" tab. Doing it through the wizard gives the user the ability to decide which INI tweak to use. Technically I could take all of the tweaks in @alt3rn1ty's INI Tweaks add-on for DarkUI and give the user the choice during install, but that would also mean they had to re-run the wizard to switch fonts. I prefer to just go to the INI Edits tab and switch. Thoughts?

Get well quick, but if not, perhaps this can help?

5873-1-1326223416.jpg

Not a great fan of Ini Tweaks- but can be converted. Utumno has improved it that is for sure.

The idea ultimately is less clicks for the user. If they have to apply ini tweaks after the installer should there be a popup urging them to do so perhaps?

...

Bit more of a headache is this:

		// Old DarNified/Phinix cleanup
		string def_font5 = "Data\\Fonts\\Handwritten.fnt";
		string ini_font5 = sf.ReadINI("[Fonts]", "SFontFile_5");

		if (def_font5 != ini_font5)
			sf.EditINI("[Fonts]", "SFontFile_5", def_font5);

Can this be replicated in BAIN? "// Old" looks encouraging, and the latest ed of Phinix doesn't use font "5" so we may not have to worry. (This isn't particularly good practice anyway, because another mod might have edited that font. Thus the purpose of Ini Tweaks comes clearer.)

Quote

Theo_Kingthings_Petrock_18_DarNified.fnt

Theo_Kingthings_Petrock_22_DarNified.fnt

Is what's in their package. DarnTest.7z (still crap but had a go at the fonts, will test it tomorrow...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...