[RELz] Mertz's WizBAIN thread

Beermotor

11 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

@Mertz  Are you willing to make requested Oblivion mod wizards ?

Absolutely.  What do you have in mind? 

40 minutes ago, Beermotor said:

Absolutely.  What do you have in mind? 

So far only some body related mods and a UI mod. I'm still building my install so may find some more. :)

EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion by EVE TEAM
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/34442/

NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer v3.1 by Fore

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35551/

HGEC Body with BBB v1.12 by Several

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/34442/

Sensual Walks for Female NPC's by Surazal

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/28223/?

This one requires OBMM to install the animation files.  The rest can be installed via wizard already.

DarkUId DarN by Gothic251

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/11280/

Any help with any of the above would be much appreciated. :)

I actually have all of those already so I'll take a look at them. There's actually already a BCF for DarkUId and the DarNified UI IIRC but I'll have to find it on the Nexus again. I may have it tracked.

I'll be a bit before I can get to anything though due to my schedule this week. Probably closer to this weekend.

@Beermotor @Sladen2019 - Have a look at Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide for DarkUI Darn, I did a walkthrough converting it so that may help with a BCF construction ..

I also did an INI Tweak to accompany that guide to make the necessary changes for fonts required. Its in the files there.

In fact, the INI Tweaks could be made to be part of the whole installer instead of a separate BAIN .. Use & abuse :)

Edit : PS having those fonts set correctly for DarkUI Darn is important, stops your game loading if not correct. If you want to uninstall DarkUI Darn at a later date, you need to set Oblivion fonts back to normal .. See this screenshot from WBPG, the last note at the bottom.

@Sladen2019 - Sensual Walks does not need anything done for it - If you grab the Sensual Walks for Wrye Bash Users v8-4-2 file, extract the archive first, then from the extracted files grab the Sensual Walks For Female NPCs.7z and just throw that into Bash Installers folder, it already has a Wizard and is in BAIN friendly format.

ZHDcP9U.png

Surazal did a wonderful job on that wizard, it auto detects everything compatible you have installed and makes all the necessary selections itself, and when you run the wizard its over before you blink, :) waiting on you putting a tick in the box on the finish page.

@Beermotor - Even though you dont need to create a Wizard for that one, its worth a look how Surazal approached that one if you haven't seen it before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

@Sladen2019 - Sensual Walks does not need anything done for it - If you grab the Sensual Walks for Wrye Bash Users v8-4-2 file, extract the archive first, then from the extracted files grab the Sensual Walks For Female NPCs.7z and just throw that into Bash Installers folder, it already has a Wizard and is in BAIN friendly format.

There are two parts to the mod. One installs the Animations themselves and the other has a wizard like you said and lets you pick which mods to use the animations in.

The part that just installs the actual animations is OMOD with no wizard. I'd like to be able to install it with Wrye Bash and not OBMM.

:) Your right, its been a while and I forgot that bit. The omod can be extracted by dropping it onto Wrye Bash Installers Tab (bit of juggling with windows) .. It should end up being a Project folder .. Currently though that does not seem to work in Wrye Bash nightly builds, going to make a bug report ..

Edit : And at time of editing this post its been fixed already apparently :)

.. Meanwhile for omod's there is still Matthew 'Scent Tree' Perry's rework of Timeslips OBMM - Oblivion Mod Manager Extended (its more reliable and less likely to lose track of what it has done than the original)

or, a rework of OBMMex, in the form of TesModManager (TMM) (this one supports Skyrim LE / SE, Oblivion and Morrowind, there was an older one just for Oblivion too)

I haven't used the latter so dont know how good it is at anything.

• Thanks 2

@Sladen2019 and @alt3rn1ty Thank you both for all the help and pointers. I actually ran into the OMOD bug a few minutes ago and I'm probably going to be stuck on some of the Eve bodies until I can get past that. I think. I grabbed the new OBMM replacement too, and it's got some features I want to steal for Bash, however I couldn't figure out how to unpack an OMOD from inside it. I was super-tired when I did it so I'll try again tomorrow afternoon.

I did however make headway with the DarNified UI stuff.  Thanks @alt3rn1ty for pointing me to where it was the guides. I'll probably use your INI Tweaks in the BCF if that's oK with you.

Another thing I'm going to do, since page 13 of the DarNified BAIN guide reminded me of how hard Oblivion will crash if there's no font set in the INI.. I'm going to add a page to the last step of the WizBAIN as a reminder to hit the INI Tweaks tab after completing the mod lest dire consequences follow.

Off to bed, I'll see what I can do about getting this all sorted over the weekend. I want a working DarNified UI BAIN.

10 minutes ago, Beermotor said:

I grabbed the new OBMM replacement too, and it's got some features I want to steal for Bash, however I couldn't figure out how to unpack an OMOD from inside it.

IIRC, just right click on the OMOD and select unpack to archive in the popup menu. ;)

@Mertz There are a couple minor issues you may or may not come across making the wizard for DarN. Oblivion Reloaded 6.3 just released 4-5 days ago and it has a couple things that should be noted in case anyone ever wants to use DarN with it. If DarN gets installed after OR, DarN will want to overwrite inventory_extradata.xml which OR needs its own version to merge itself into menus. I don't know if it breaks either mod or not, since I don't have any kind of DarN currently installed. OR has a SaveSettings function which prevents Oblivion.ini from bening tinkered with by the game. Don't know if Wrye Bash can bypass it while editing fonts for DarN. Hopefully both can be used together. :) I personally disabled OR's Camera Mode and Equipment Mode as I don't really care for them but the visual improvement is really something to be seen.

11 hours ago, Leonardo said:

IIRC, just right click on the OMOD and select unpack to archive in the popup menu. ;)

Thank you. It sounds like I was over-thinking it. :)

7 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

@Mertz There are a couple minor issues you may or may not come across making the wizard for DarN. Oblivion Reloaded 6.3 just released 4-5 days ago and it has a couple things that should be noted in case anyone ever wants to use DarN with it. If DarN gets installed after OR, DarN will want to overwrite inventory_extradata.xml which OR needs its own version to merge itself into menus. I don't know if it breaks either mod or not, since I don't have any kind of DarN currently installed. OR has a SaveSettings function which prevents Oblivion.ini from bening tinkered with by the game. Don't know if Wrye Bash can bypass it while editing fonts for DarN. Hopefully both can be used together. :) I personally disabled OR's Camera Mode and Equipment Mode as I don't really care for them but the visual improvement is really something to be seen.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware that active development was still occurring with Oblivion Reloaded but that's great to hear and now I want to check it out.  Do you know if OR protects the ini file(s) by changing the permissions on the files, or it just protects them while the game is running?  If it is the latter then there's no problem  If it is the former, it may require the end-user to remove the read-only flag from the ini file before the tweak can be applied. I'll check it out over the weekend.

Found another mod needs wizardry, Beermotor you will like this one if you have not seen it before

@InsanePlumber Did a mod which compliments Leanwolfs weapons nicely - IPM Insane Armory

Its flat format fomod so does not neeed any BCF, just a wizard to make selection of -25% or -50% plus the selections which can be included wholesale with either of those .. Or custom selection of all indivduals, there are a lot of them.

9 minutes ago, alt3rn1ty said:

Found another mod needs wizardry, Beermotor you will like this one if you have not seen it before

@InsanePlumber Did a mod which compliments Leanwolfs weapons nicely - IPM Insane Armory

Its flat format fomod so does not neeed any BCF, just a wizard to make selection of -25% or -50% plus the selections which can be included wholesale with either of those .. Or custom selection of all indivduals, there are a lot of them.

I actually already have it downloaded and unzipped from a month or so ago. I think I ended up getting sidetracked on something else before I had a chance to dig into it. It's a good mod though so I want to make a wizard for it for certain. 

14 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware that active development was still occurring with Oblivion Reloaded but that's great to hear and now I want to check it out.  Do you know if OR protects the ini file(s) by changing the permissions on the files, or it just protects them while the game is running?  If it is the latter then there's no problem  If it is the former, it may require the end-user to remove the read-only flag from the ini file before the tweak can be applied. I'll check it out over the weekend.

It seems that Oblivion.ini only gets locked while playing the game.  In OblivionReloaded.ini SaveSettings is enabled by default. 0 enables it and 1 can disable it.

Another thing to note about it if you use it, Alenet accidentally included the files OnehandJumpLand.kf and OnehandJumpLoop.kf in the OR 6.3.0 package.

Ok working on the DarkUI'd DarN wizard, I ran into something fairly vexing right off the bat with the OMOD to Wizard conversion.

There are 29 different UI element selections to pick from, so to support installing each individual one I will need to create a page with 29 options on it.  I'll also need to track down 58 different files and place them into 29 BAIN folders.

Would you guys be disappointed if I just made  it install all of the UI elements (I always picked everything personally) and then gave BAIN options for the other sections?

EDIT: This is the approach that Wrye himself took in making his BAIN for DarNified UI 1.32. I'll just follow that format so my wizard will work with either package. :)

It wouldn't do any harm if the 29 options can be re-categorised in any way i.e. text, buttons, menus etc.

Make it a work of art as it has never been done before. Most users will want to use a "typical" install, but some pud ducks (like me) are ever wanton to a perticuler version of mix & match. :P

Or I can help?

Ok once I found Wrye's BAIN conversion it really sped things up. Here's a prototype BCF using Wrye's structure + the added loading screen stuff from the DarkUI version. I'll probably put together a Wizard for Wrye's DarNified package if this one works out. Sorry there are no images yet since I couldn't get the OMOD to extract, that and the source package doesn't have them.

DarkUId DarN 16 BAIN-11280-BCF.7z

27 minutes ago, lmstearn said:

It wouldn't do any harm if the 29 options can be re-categorised in any way i.e. text, buttons, menus etc.

Make it a work of art as it has never been done before. Most users will want to use a "typical" install, but some pud ducks (like me) are ever wanton to a perticuler version of mix & match. :P

Or I can help?

What prevents me from doing it is mainly time constraints,  but if you'd like to help I would be glad to have your assistance. :)

Here's what needs to be done: 

Each UI component has a XML piece, and sometimes an asset folder. Here is the OMOD code from the installer script that is a reference for each piece:

Spoiler

foreach (Object opt in lbItems) {
			switch (opt.ToString()) {
				case "Breathmeter":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\breath_meter_menu.xml");
					break;
				case "Info Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\main\\hud_info_menu.xml");
					break;
				case "Subtitles":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\main\\hud_subtitle_menu.xml");
					break;
				case "Inventory":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\main\\inventory_menu.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\main\\magic_popup_menu.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\inventory", true);
					insinventory = true;
					break;
				case "Dialog Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\dialog\\dialog_menu.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\dialog", true);
					break;
				case "Magic Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\main\\magic_menu.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\magic", true);
					break;
				case "Map Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\main\\map_menu.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\map", true);
					break;
				case "Spell Purchase Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\dialog\\spell_purchase.xml");
					break;
				case "Container Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\container_menu.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\container", true);
					break;
				case "Repair Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\repair_menu.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\armorrepair", true);
					break;
				case "Alchemy Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\dialog\\alchemy.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\alchemy", true);
					break;
				case "Persuasion Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\dialog\\persuasion_menu.xml");
					break;
				case "Lockpick Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\lockpick_menu.xml");
					break;
				case "Recharge Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\recharge_menu.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\recharge", true);
					break;
				case "Training Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\training_menu.xml");
					break;
				case "Spellmaking Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\dialog\\spellmaking.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\spellmaking", true);
					break;
				case "Enchantment Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\dialog\\enchantment.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\enchanting", true);
					break;
				case "System Menus":
					sf.InstallDataFolder("menus\\options", true);
					break;
				case "Quest Added Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\generic\\quest_added.xml");
					break;
				case "Barter Pack":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\negotiate_menu.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\quantity_menu.xml");
					break;
				case "SleepWait Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\sleep_wait_menu.xml");
					break;
				case "LevelUp Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\levelup_menu.xml");
					inslevelup = true;
					break;
				case "Chargen Pack":
					sf.InstallDataFolder("menus\\chargen", true);
					break;
				case "TextEdit Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\dialog\\texteditmenu.xml");
					break;
				case "Sigilstone Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\dialog\\sigilstone.xml");
					sf.InstallDataFolder("textures\\darkui\\menus\\enchanting", true);
					break;
				case "Skill Perk Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\generic\\skill_perk.xml");
					break;
				case "Enchantment Setting Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\dialog\\enchantmentsetting_menu.xml");
					break;
				case "Message Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\message_menu.xml");
					break;
				case "Loading Menu":
					sf.InstallDataFile("menus\\loading_menu.xml");
					insloading = true;
					break;
			}//switch
		}//foreach
	}

For each of those pieces a folder needs to be made. I planned to give them all the same number prefix, for example '02 $UI_COMPONENT_NAME' to note that they were all at the same vertical level in the overwrite structure, since none of the pieces should overwrite each other.

I could probably write a shell script to pop them into the right place but that might take longer than doing them manually.

One caveat to this that may be able to be worked-around is the MA's original package didn't have any installer images included in it other than a font guide, so the Wizard I've written so far doesn't have any images. I was able to pull the OMOD script out of the OMOD version using the new TESMM but neither it nor the new WB could extract the OMOD.

I've got to head out right now to work on the house and do some errands but I'll check back shortly to see what everyone's input is on the prototype and the idea above.

In my case I didn't use the OMOD to do the conversion walkthrough, I used the "DarkUId DarN 16 Manual Version" file to convert into a BAIN which didn't seem all that complicated (see Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide, Images Tab, Page 3, first image is C1 followed by all the rest through to the end screens where you can see it all working). I ended up with about 7 sub-packages to make choices from ..

I think I made a decision to chop out some of it to make things simpler, at the bottom of screen C6 the last paragraph, mentions the atmospheric and Trollf additional loading screens, you need to download those separately if you want to include them as part of the same BAIN so the whole thing if those are included are not doable with a BCF, but for the complete functioning of DarkUI DarN, they are not necessary, they are just literally loading screens which the game will randomly choose from to show during loading ..

For me it all worked great.

In my walkthrough I also included the KCAS thing, but really I never had anyone came back with any need for it or even knowledge about it, so I dont think it would be missed by anyone if not included (see screen C8), so it could be cut down to 6 sub-packages minus that one.

I used to use Wrye's own method, until I had a go at my own which ended up including an option or two not in Wrye's version.

Edit : Forgot to mention earlier reference using the ini tweaks : Yep feel free to use anything from the guide

2 hours ago, Beermotor said:

Sorry there are no images yet since I couldn't get the OMOD to extract, that and the source package doesn't have them.

DarkUId DarN 16 BAIN-11280-BCF.7z

Then extract the OMOD in the OBMM-Extended.  I know WB once had such a feature that allow the user to extract an OMOD in WB, but how it is now I dunno.