[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

After loading  is finish I place my mouse pointer into the left column of the program window and press the right mouse button to get access to the popup menu to apply a filter.

In v3.0.32 the menu pops up immediately but in v3.0.33 nothings happens visually. I have to wait approximately 40 seconds without movin g the mouse pointer before the menu pops up.

So it happens before popup menu, not before filtering window. There are some initialization of records when before popup menu appears, however I don't have 250 mods for Skyrim to test this. I tried on my Oblivion setup with 90 mods and it works instantly.

Try this:

1. Try right clicking on another mod, actually filtering doesn't depend on what mod you right click since it is always applied to all loaded plugins.

2. Try to load only 100 mods, does it reduce lag time by half?

• Like 1

If you use MO, also try to test running TES5Edit without MO. You will need to temporary copy all esm/esp files into Data folder for this though.

• Like 1

No, I'm using NMM.

Now I've loaded only 100 modules but I can't say that the lag time is lower than before.

When I RMB klick on skyrim.esm then the menu comes up immediately but only the first an second time. After that the lag returns.

When I RMB klick on the last module: lag

After that when I RMB klick on skyrim.esm again: lag, but only the first time, after that when I RMB klick on skyrim.es: no lag.

I clicked probably 50 times on Skyrim.esm and it always worked instantly. Can't do anything with issue I'm not able to reproduce.

If clicking on Skyrim.esm works for you most of the time, then use it. Sorry, can't say anything else.

• Like 1

I found the culprit:
I had to set some exceptions in Kaspersky Internet Security. Now it works like expected. I didn' had to do this in previous versions of TES5Edit.

Sorry and thanks for your support.

Please help.

I can't Generate Split Tees LOD from Skyrim.esm for AccessViolation error.This  message is displayed when the error occurred

"Access violation at address 004035D9 in module 'TES5Edit.exe'.Write of address 0075275B."

Please help.

I can't Generate Split Tees LOD from Skyrim.esm for AccessViolation error.This  message is displayed when the error occurred
 "Access violation at address 004035D9 in module 'TES5Edit.exe'.Write of address 0075275B."

Please find and post the full bug report from TES5Edit_bugreport.txt for that error, it should look like this

exception class   : EAccessViolation
exception message : Access violation at address 00A414E3 in module 'TES5Edit.exe'. Read of address 00000074.

main thread ($980):
00a414e3 +713 TES5Edit.exe frmViewMain 4535 +76 TfrmMain.SplitLOD
00a4ef18 +3f8 TES5Edit.exe frmViewMain 7455 +59 TfrmMain.mniNavGenerateObjectLODClick
00525deb +0a7 TES5Edit.exe Menus                TMenuItem.Click
005272e7 +013 TES5Edit.exe Menus                TMenu.DispatchCommand
005284c6 +082 TES5Edit.exe Menus                TPopupList.WndProc
00528415 +01d TES5Edit.exe Menus                TPopupList.MainWndProc
004c4e74 +014 TES5Edit.exe Classes              StdWndProc
76087885 +00a USER32.dll                        DispatchMessageW
005b2087 +0f3 TES5Edit.exe Forms                TApplication.ProcessMessage
005b20ca +00a TES5Edit.exe Forms                TApplication.HandleMessage
005b23f5 +0c9 TES5Edit.exe Forms                TApplication.Run
00a78f17 +05f TES5Edit.exe TES5Edit      76  +7 initialization
76413388 +010 kernel32.dll                      BaseThreadInitThunk

• Like 1

I've been away for a long time, and this is the first thread I've caught up reading.... Lots of wonderful stuff added since July!

Wondering why the versions of my two June navmesh scripts aren't yet included? In particular, cleaning edges fixes conflicts, and I've just used it to help somebody with their plugin.... It would be nice for them to help themselves.

[old code removed]

It is included under the name "Skyrim - Check edge links in navmeshes.pas". I could easily forget something else since my Edit Scripts folder has like 5x times more scripts than shipped with TES5Edit.

• Like 1

NAVM \ Record Header \ Record Flags -> <Unknown: 26>

has started to pop up in a few mods, I think this might be set on Creation Kit Auto generated Navmeshes. At least the text "(AutoGen)" at the end of the NAVM's Editor ID in the CK disappears when the flag is toggled off. The CK didn't spit out any errors after toggling it off using TES5Edit on a test esp.

If you can confirm this flag to be "AutoGen" by toggling in TES5Edit on and off, and checking in CK that "Autgen" appears and disappears constantly, then we will define it. I found a lot of flags in CK to be unreliable, like "Initially disabled" flag for navmeshes.

• Like 1

"Initially disabled" for navmeshes actually does work in the Fallout games. That flag no longer does anything on a Skyrim navmesh. The CK will simply ignore it even though it's still possible to make it set the flag.

I can never get the internally load MO profile feature to work. Is that feature just not working or is there an additional step? Am I misunderstanding that what it's supposed to do is load the profile without needing to be hooked?

xEdit tries to load a library from MO from this location

DataPath + '..\Mod Organizer\hook.dll'

so it expects MO to be located inside Skyrim's folder and have "Mod Organizer" folder name.

• Like 1

Ooooh okay. So it still uses the VFS, it just does it on its own? Well I have it there, but I didn't have a space in mod organizer's folder. Still didn't work when I added it though. Does it expect tes5edit's own folder to have a particular name? It's in a folder called "Tes5Edit Beta" in the Skyrim folder.

In theory it should have the same effect as running TES5Edit from MO, but I don't use MO myself so can't say what's wrong. But TES5Edit folder name doesn't matter for sure since the searched MO path is relative to the Data folder.

• Like 1

For the option that clamps form IDs, can we get something that will output a message for a mod that has them so we know when we've got one? It doesn't need to be a detailed list like the injections, just a one-liner that says the mod has some.

For the option that clamps form IDs, can we get something that will output a message for a mod that has them so we know when we've got one? It doesn't need to be a detailed list like the injections, just a one-liner that says the mod has some.

The easiest one is to add a notification when saving plugin that some FormIDs were clamped. Otherwise to add such message once when plugin is loaded will require adding new property to the plugin file object internally, and I want to avoid this.
  • Like 1

I guess that would work but waiting until you're ready to save to find that out seems backward to me.