[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Do you have a deleted injected references ?

Anyway the name of the not undeleted record should have been displayed before the total.

I wasn't using 1729 at the time. I'll go try it again now that I've installed it :P

Yeah, I figured that out when 1729 only reported the 1 navmesh in Breezehome :P

Can definitely see the speed improvements with this new build. 5-10x as fast as older versions on this end. Loading is basically instant now, the filtering doesn't slow down nearly as much with larger files, its amazing. Makes the whole process far less painful. What did you do? :)

Also, weird question. Why is Hearthfires.esm the only DLC to not have Update.esm as a master? Would there be any benefit to adding it as a master? The conflicts seem minimal, ~4 records.

I took an instrumenting profiler, identified performance bottlenecks, and fixed them.

It does not make any difference whatsoever for the game if HearthFires.esm lists Update.esm as a master or not. No matter what you do, the game engine will always load Skyrim.esm at load order 0 and Update.esm at load order 1. And (with extremely rare exceptions) the last loaded module that defines a specific record is the version of that record that the game engine gets to see.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to copy a record between two mods (can be more specific if needed) and this error message popped up on me. When I tried again, choosing not to shut the program down, the record in question was finally copied, but twice.

Hopefully the saved bug report will be of some use.

Actually, let me just show you what I was trying to do.

z6ywd0o88vy5f584g.jpg

TES5Edit_bugreport.txt

I'll try. Bear with me though, because when it comes to TES5Edit, I don't really know what am I doing :D

Basically:

1) have UDGP and Better Quest Objectives - Dawnguard installed/loaded.

2) apply filter "by conflict status", selecting bening conflict, conflict, critical conflict

3) expand BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp as the screenshot shows

4) try to drag that overwritten record at the bottom of the window from UDGP to BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard

5) after the confirmation, hopefully observe the error

I've just tested it with only these two plugins loaded rather than all of my mods, and it still happens.

If I choose to continue and try again, I don't get the error again, but this is what happens:

66d868bzcyk2x9p4g.jpg

when i use tes5edit 3.0.32 to copy as override any of the dawnguard werewolf perks (testet with bestial strength and animal vigor) into another mod, tes5edit tells me that the quest stages are no longer present. also it does no longer show the first 0 of the quest stage (which is also not present when viewed in CK, either vanila or modified).

anyone know what is up with that?

gallery_1501_69_29757.jpg

It's a false warning because Edit is not noticing that Dawnguard.esm adds stages to that quest. Skyrim.esm does not have any stages in CreatureDialogueWerewolf.

Can we get a reference/usage count when using Build Reference Info?  Some kind of total in the Referenced By tab, similar to the CK listing the counts. It doesn't really have to separate REFR from everything else like the CK does,  but maybe shift-selecting the rows in Referenced By can also tell us how many rows we have selected?

It's a false warning because Edit is not noticing that Dawnguard.esm adds stages to that quest. Skyrim.esm does not have any stages in CreatureDialogueWerewolf.

phew, good to know. thanks.

Can we get a reference/usage count when using Build Reference Info?  Some kind of total in the Referenced By tab, similar to the CK listing the counts. It doesn't really have to separate REFR from everything else like the CK does,  but maybe shift-selecting the rows in Referenced By can also tell us how many rows we have selected?

Will do.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the main file, which should have everything bundled together. Considering how long ago was the mod updated, it's probably the same thing. Try the "all in one" file though, please. If you still can't reproduce it, I don't know what else might be causing it :(

I tried to load as few plugins as possible just to make sure.

q2fdx0kxj83n3xo4g.jpg

Nope, still doesn't work.

e7vrwoamvpse8bu4g.jpg

edit:

I even went as far as copying files directly to data folder, completely bypassing Mod Organizer's virtual file structure. Nope, the error still appears.

Now that I have the proper files I can reproduce your issue.

Given how many properties there are in this script it's going to be a nightmare to debug :(

More exactly I can reproduce the error message, but after saving an reloading the resulting plugin looks ok.

I will confirm using the version zilav uploaded in the OP.