[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

It's not really a problem IN THAT CASE, that's only the internal count for the array of property that did not get incremented. As it is recalculated anyway while saving there is no permanent damage.

(Apparently, the array of property has not detected it was modified so it is still mapped to the original file and thus read only).

EDIT should be corrected as of r1796

I have a little feature request as well. Can you improve the "search" functionality in TES5Edit where a plugin is highlit as you type the first letters of the name? For example, If  you have two plugins that start with the same letters, typing those again doesn't do anything. You'd think the selection would cycle through, but no.

It might not seem like a big deal, but it is - with reasonably long load order (anything above 50 plugins I'd say) it's a huge pain in the ass to quickly find anything (and I don't think many people memorize their load orders).

Uploaded new version. Above VMAD fix and Referenced by counter.

@Octopuss

What search do you mean - when selecting plugins at the start or in xEdit?

• Like 1

Hi, sorry if this is kinda off topic, but is there anyplace where I can get the latest svn updates for the other games builds? Like FNVEdit.

Just rename it to FNVEdit.
  • Like 1

Uploaded new version. Above VMAD fix and Referenced by counter.

@Octopuss

What search do you mean - when selecting plugins at the start or in xEdit?

I don't know what xEdit is :(

I mean both when I first start TES5Edit and get to select which plugins to load and when everything is loaded and the list of loaded plugins is in the left part of the window.

• 2 weeks later...
[Exp] Start displaying saves in View pane
- From commit log for 1818.

Does this mean we're soon to get save editing support for the various games?

Using svn1618:

I have two ITM between USKP 2.0.6 and Skyrim

The only diff appears to be a Unknown 16 flag in the Record Flag entry. It's a STAT entry.

Record ID: 00C65BF, 000C5699

- From commit log for 1818.

Does this mean we're soon to get save editing support for the various games?

Save editing, no timeframe yet. I expect Save viewing at least "sometime soon".

Using svn1618:

I have two ITM between USKP 2.0.6 and Skyrim

The only diff appears to be a Unknown 16 flag in the Record Flag entry. It's a STAT entry.

Record ID: 00C65BF, 000C5699

1618 ? :)

I hope it is 1816...

I'm slowly adding record specific flags definitions to Skyrim. Regarding STAT, there are 2 flags iirc that I couldn't get CK to save in a new esp file. Even if I modify the existing STAT record with those flags, it will still save them without. So I marked them as unknown and ignored for conflict resolution.

If you think they do mean something in the game, then I'll mark them as significant back.

• Like 1

The two flags he's referring to don't appear to be necessary and I'm not even sure why the USKP ended up editing them. The issue we were fixing on those was in the meshes anyway.

The two flags he's referring to don't appear to be necessary and I'm not even sure why the USKP ended up editing them. The issue we were fixing on those was in the meshes anyway.

So they'll stay as ignored.

Uploaded new version.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No, it doesn't, you'll end up with output that looks like this:

Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Move The Whole City - Copy (990).esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Move The Whole City - Copy (999).esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Move The Whole City - Copy (998).esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Move The Whole City - Copy (997).esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Move The Whole City - Copy (996).esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Move The Whole City - Copy (995).esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Move The Whole City - Copy (994).esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Move The Whole City - Copy (993).esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Move The Whole City - Copy (992).esp"
Note: Active plugin List contains nonexisting file "Move The Whole City - Copy (991).esp"

The message is somewhat misleading though as the files DO exist, they just cause it to go past index FE.

I filed an issue related to this: http://code.google.com/p/skyrim-plugin-decoding-project/issues/detail?id=174

In which Edit will mistakenly allow the generation of files past the limit once this test load order comes up.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the exact same problem as Deathbydestiny (described above) - very eager to get it resolved.

I encounter a problem (I hesitate to say "Bug") when I attempt to save "Update.esm" after cleaning it.  I have a fresh install of Skyrim, with no mods installed yet.

Here are the steps I take after I start TES5Edit V.3.0.33b as an Administrator , and load Skyrim.esm and Update.esm:

Select Update.esm, right click, select "Apply Filter For Cleaning"

Select Update.esm, right click, select "Remove Identical to Master Records" (1290 Records Processed, 93 Removed)

Select Update.esm, right click, select "Undelete and Disable References"  (1197 Records Processed, 3 Undeleted)

I then try to save and exit the Utility, at which point I encounter this message:

Assertion failure (D:\Projects\TES5Edit\wbImplementation.pas, line 2992)

I have attached my Bug Report .

Thank you for reading this post, and for any assistance you may offer.

Solution

Thank you, Brother Zilav.  Using Version R 1837 has solved my issue.

StackEmHigh

TES5Edit V.3.0.33b Bug Report.txt

• Like 1

I am having the exact same problem - very eager to get it resolved.

Thank you for reading this post, and for any assistance you may offer.

StackEmHigh

Which exact same problem though?