[RELz] Arthmoor's Villages of Cyrodiil

Arthmoor

Hmm. Why the hell does this stuff always break after having been run through testing and escaping unharmed? I'm starting to understand why so many bugs in Skyrim went uncaught :P

She certainly should not have up and died. She doesn't have a death event. Kvatch should not have reverted states either, I don't even touch the quest, only check the destroyed variable. Savlian shouldn't even be affected by KR, I checked for that. They're using the original vanilla version of him and I don't think they remove his essential flag.

Ok, so you already hit stage 30, yes? That's the cue to go to Vergayun. So I can't fix whatever is broken until I know precisely what you've done because the quest splits across two different mods. Yeah, I know, that was probably stupid, but I was bored and it sounded like a good idea at the time :P

I'll explain from my 2nd char, it was a clean, the first one wasn't. Updated to Vergayun 2.0, yes I have OBSE20.

1. Wandered over to Gottshaw, had a chat with everyone, spoke to the two Redguards who talk about Emily.2. Spoke to Emily, who didn't want to impose on me but I insisted. She explained about the night of the Kvatch invasion and how her and the Redguards survived and wound up there at Gottshaw. Asked if I could find her husband. She gave the lead that Salvian might know about him.3. Went to Kvatch. We'll pretend that part wasn't all f'd up. Found and spoke to Savlian. He says Brutus ran away but someone else might know more.4. Spoke to a random refugee, got the lead he was seen heading for Vergayun. That's the last journal update.5. Went to Vergayun. Since Brutus is patroling he's not hard to miss. Speak to him. He starts yelling at me about why would I talk about his dead wife. Next topic - Emily is alive (btw, typo, you have Emily is Alive). He's all happy again, gives me 300 gold to go fetch her. No journal update at this point, but that may be intentional?6. Go back to Gottshaw, speak to Emily, she asks if I have news then it goes into no topics.

Well at least he said the things he was supposed to say. That means the fault lies with Vergayun though.

I need to see the output from:

SQV VergayunGeneralDialogue

There is going to be a variable out of step somewhere but I can't see what.

Well at least he said the things he was supposed to say. That means the fault lies with Vergayun though.

I need to see the output from: SQV VergayunGeneralDialogue

There is going to be a variable out of step somewhere but I can't see what.

I did not find Brutus in Vergayun. I spoke to the innkeeper who asked me to go inside the gate to look for him. I went in the gate and after a little walking around found him in the undestroyed cabin. Found the Ayleid Amulet and went to the tower. I have not yet figured out how to connect the bridges so I don't get killed by the lava in the rending halls.

I got through the tower, got the sigil stone, the oblivion world closed fine, went and talked to the innkeeper again, who told me that Brutus had gone to Bruma to help defend it.Then I went to talk to Emily again. She asks if I have news of Brutus and then no dialogue.

I'm calling it a night it is almost 2 am here. Let me know what you want me to check for.

When you talked to Brutus in the undestroyed cabin, did he have anything more to say other than stuff about the amulet and the OB realm?

Otherwise you'll need to go track him down in Bruma and get him to trigger the next stage. It won't advance until he tells you to go tell her where to find him.

At least the gate is working though. My guy must just be all screwed up on that.

As far as the main quest goes, just got assigned the Path of the Dawn one. Since I haven't reached the Aide for Bruma part, that probably explains why I can't find the guy there.

I'll work on the main quest more later today.

Ok, some good news and some bad news. First, a LOL moment.

Since I didn't do any saves after the previous mess up, I redid the quest this morning. I've discovered, that at stage 30 when I go to Vergayun and talk to the Innkeeper first, the quest played out perfectly. If I talk immediately to Brutus though, that's where Emily messes up with no topics. This is the sqv at that moment.

Gott02.jpg

I didn't think that's what you were looking for. Here.

Gott03.jpg

Seriously need to fix those tents, both women were stuck this time and they can't get out.

And there arose such a facepalm that the Greybeards themselves stood up to take notice. (we need a greybeard smiley)

The order of how things were being checked in the script was wrong, which begs the question of how I got around it during testing. Ah well. That's fixed and will be updated shortly.

Not much I can do about the tents. That's just typical game AI stupidity. It happens occasionally with me too, but most of the time they're out and about wandering the area.

Or begs the question why no one else has reported the same issue? Ah well, it was a very sweet quest, nice work. :)

Fix is up now. Who knows, maybe nobody reported it because it somehow worked for them the way it did for me. I've long ago given up wondering why Oblivion does the things it does.

I was able to tell Brutus about Emily and then go tell Emily where Brutus is. I think Brutus has gone to Bruma and will just have to stay there until I get around to that part of the MQ.

Er, yeah. Another small oops I guess.

He wasn't intended to do that until Allies for Bruma had started, and he has up until the gate battle outside the city to show up and participate.

Fix-worthy, but it'll wait for now since the important part is working.

Between the two of us, Hana and I pretty much got this nailed down for you. And doing that quest across two of your mods is brilliant.

Vergayun Version 2.0.2

* Brutus would wander off to Bruma prior to actually needing to go there due to missing stage checks in his AI packs.

Urasek Version 1.0.3

* Fixed a bug where it was possible to trigger the wrong path in Class Warfare if the legion patrols were both out of town.

• 3 weeks later...

Reedstand Version 1.0.4

* Fixed a minor typo in the general village dialogue about Baron Vargol.

* Horvath and Baron Vargol need to be essential until the wizards quest is over, otherwise things break.

* Added the painting for Gottshaw to the tavern.