[RELz] Arthmoor's Villages of Cyrodiil

Arthmoor

Also, while testing, there are a set of switches on the ground north of the inn. These are meant to push the quest along by updating the wait timers, nothing more. Advancing them before you've actually spoken to Paj-Meel about it would probably break something.

You can upload those to the new beta test section I just activated. That's not guest viewable.

Unfortunately no, there's no image gallery component. It was one of those things I wanted to do but just never had the desire to.

Ah, the fun of quickly jotting down quest ideas that sprang into your head while writing generic dialogue for NPCs. Hopefully will prove interesting. Perhaps even somewhat unexpected.

Hopefully I can get to that tomorrow. Was awake all night and in no shape to test anything without major epic fails right now.

Urasek is in the home stretch now. Amazing what a bit of brainstorming and motivation will produce. One quest completely in. Second one at ~95%. Third has all the plans in place, and ~15% of the actual dialogue and stages in. Won't be long. Coding this stuff in is generally a breeze for me once I'm to this point. It's the testing that seems to go on the longest :P

• 2 weeks later...

Took a bit longer than I though, but all the quests are in, all scripts written, and all dialogue set. Now for the fun part of testing this rat's nest I've made and making sure it all works out as planned.

Funny you should mention that since there's lots of doors not behaving themselves :P

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another release :)

Urasek

A mining support town situated alongside Fort Urasek.

Ever wonder where all the mithril for all those pieces of mithril armor come from? Unless we're to believe it appears by magic, someone has to spend the time digging holes in the ground to bring it up to the surface and turn it in to useful ore, which is then sold to blacksmiths to make armor. The town of Urasek attempts to answer this in some small way by representing the last known operational mine in Cyrodiil where mithril ore is brought up. The town consists of an inn, blacksmith who sells ore and finished pieces, and the arrogant Altmer land baron who runs things.

I've checked lore sources and found next to nothing detailing how and where mithril ore is mined. Nothing says that Cyrodiil ever had any, nor do any sources mention exactly where the stuff comes from. So I felt this would remedy the situation without going too overboard.

Also, testing never does quite go as well as planned:

Urasek Version 1.0.1

* A bug in Class Warfare would inform the player that the legion guards were dead even if this was not true, thus breaking the quest progression.

Well, I guess there's no better welcome to Urasek than just after escaping from some unknown Ayleid ruin in the middle of nowhere at twilight having been teleported there by an errant Stepstone. :cool:

Now, I wonder how my magically inclined not-a-Bosmer will find himself getting dragged into whatever's happening there?

(Please don't spoil anything, though, I'd like to find out on my own. :wink: )

Reedstand Version 1.0.3

* The public music override in the region was not set.

* Horvath was staying locked in his room while the Roaring Mouse quest was active and shouldn't have.

* Horvath's sleep AI was pointing him to the Abandoned Mine dungeon, which was disrupting the rest of his AI severely.

Now for the one you've all been waiting for:

Sutch Village

As many are aware, Bethesda once had plans to include the city of Sutch in the game. The E3 demos contained passing hints to its existence, the map loop in the game's intro had it marked NW of Kvatch, in the CS you can make out the land depression they prepared for it along with several cells tagged as being part of it, and it even has its own Oblivion gate.

For reasons unknown, it was cut from the game at the last minute and a ruined Fort Sutch plus the Oblivion gate is all that remains. As a result of this, several people have attempted reconstructions of the city. Plenty of projects have been abandoned, while others left their work for someone else to pick up.

This village mod is our take on restoring Sutch to the game. Based on extremely sketchy lore found in scattered places on the web, we arrived at the conclusion that the city itself has been destroyed and only a ruin is left behind. Rather than attempt to rebuild a large city over the top of a ruin, this mod takes the position that settlers have only recently come back to the area in an attempt to start over. There is a village northwest of Fort Sutch, containing a manor house along with some housing, an inn, some supporting farms, a vineyard, and an ebony mine. Yes, the only one known to still be functioning in Cyrodiil. The stuff can't only be available in Morrowind :)

It's up now at Nexus and Great House Fliggerty. TESA pending - it's bigger than the upload threshold :P

Sutch Village Version 1.0.1

* The mesh for the Silver Star Inn had incorrect AWLS compatibility data.

* The mesh for the Damned Wolf also had incorrect AWLS compatibility data.

* The mesh for the Silver Star Manor had upside down windows.

* The _far.nif for the manor needed a refresh once the windows on the manor mesh were fixed.

* A floating tree was spotted along the canyon road to the coast.

* An AI oddity with the Old Pirate caused him to wander into the water where he didn't belong.

* The Damned Wolf's voyage did not unlink the path grids, which would cause lots of residents to decide to go for a swim.

* The Kynareth shrine could not target the player with the spell.

* The Kynareth priestess was not able to sell spells.

* Bed use was not being set up properly when paying for the room at either inn.

* The Razor's Edge sign was too close to the building and was causing it to get jammed at an angle.

* Removed unnecessary alpha information from a few textures.

* Dates on the two clutter maps have been corrected to reflect 3rd era instead of 4th.

• 2 weeks later...

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Time to check out Urasek, and also see if the previously buggy Reedstand will co-operate this time. :)

Two thumbs up!

Reedstand ran perfect, although I did find a stray typo -- Dar-Luja in Reedstand topic says something about Vargol doesn't like strangers, he thinks they're "hear" to steal his experiments.

Urasek is fantastic, finished 2 quests, not sure where to go on ....

...the haunted house quest. I can see an "untapped" portion of the mine behind a wall of rocks, that I suspect is related to an entrance into the house, but again, not sure what to do...

Ah, typos. Gotta love em :P

As for Urasek...

You can't get in there until after Class Warfare is done.

Talk to whoever you ended up with in charge, they'll initiate the next quest which leads to what you're after.