[RELz] Arthmoor's Villages of Cyrodiil

Arthmoor

@Bambacha Just read the descriptions in the first post here, the villages needing OBSE mention whether they require it or not.

Faregyl, Vergayun, Frostcrag, Reedstand and Sutch Village all need OBSE, and some of those also need Elys Universal Silent Voice plugin ..

"No silent voice files have been included. If you wish to be able to read the dialogue this mod has, you'll need to install Elys' Silent Voice. It's an OBSE plugin that provides silent dialogue and approximated lip sync movement."

You also need to read all individual descriptions to find other install info such as the need to turn off borders.

Best reading the ReadMe Tab on each Nexus page to make sure you catch all requirements (for some of them, other mods are needed too).

We cant do the reading and understanding for you.

Thanks guys for the guided steps. I decided to not download any village after the reading and understanding, i went for other grouped villages for Oblivion who had no prerequisites. Thanks anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Today I returned to the player home in Faregyl Village and I miss the Cobl Luggage.  Have you consider to make a Faregyl Village - Cobl Luggage addon for the Aregyl Estate? :)

It could be place to the right wall, across where the painting is to the left, near the entrance when entering the estate.

Nope. I don't want to set a dependency on COBL just for that.

• 6 months later...

I had plans for that at one time but I think that ship sailed about 10 years ago now.

No, all of the lines are silent.

• 1 year later...

Hey, Arthmoor! I've installed Faregyl Village for a new playthrough. However, I cannot make it work with new versions of Oblivion Reloaded (E3). Get guaranteed crashes near the tavern when OR is loaded. Vanilla game - ok. Old OR versions - ok. But I want both the village and the fancy shadows:)

Is there anything so special in terms of graphics in your mod?

There shoudln't be anything weird. It uses a combination of mash-ups from vanilla stuff and some very common community resources that people have been using for years.

From your description it sounds like this is the first "modern" version of OR you've used. It may be the culling function, if the E3 version includes that. Alanet introduced a version of culling/occlusion for geometry which relied on the on a nif's collision mesh to calculate whether a certain nif should be rendered or not.

The code reads ALL nifs, not just statics or special occlusion planes, like Skyrim. This includes havoked nifs like weapons and tools. We've discovered that certain nifs with certain more primitive collision types cause crashes with OR's culling system if you have the GOG or Steam version of the game because those versions use a different nif format to the original retail version of the game.

We caught one of these (apparently the most common) and it was included in a previous release of the UOP, but we aren't hunting for others because:

A: It's not a vanilla bug.

B: This is something that's better fixed by OR itself, either by supplying retail versions of the affective meshes, or patching the code.

So, maybe you have a rake, or hoe, or paddle or something that's causing the crash.

I've been experimenting with several new OR versions. And yes, I do have Steam meshes. The version that disagrees with my install is E3. It does not have occlusion culling in settings, but as to what happens under the hood I cannot be certain. Interestingly, other versions namely ORC and OR 10 (kinda official successor) explicitly have culling and work fine. I am happy with OR 10 for now. Honestly, I am surprised by how many things are still developed for an almost 20 year old game. DXVK is another toy I am currently playing with.

• 1 month later...

Athmoor. Hello good sir! I'm working on a project that may or may not get released. Basically I'm running TES4LL via MPGUI to generate land with TWMP mod set included (that is all the provinces as outlined here), But while doing so I'm also running it with Village mods

There has been an explosion of village mods during the decade I've been gone and so many to look at and test out and if I'm doing so why not be of assistance to others I figure.

I take your villages as a unit of high quality work, if I install one I probably will all the other and that is my thinking on how others see it too.

I'm aware of this map for UL even though that is out of date. Are you aware of or in possession of a map that has the cell grid outlines for your villages.

It would seem that this would be an advantage both to mod makers and mod users. In fact I'd like to have or make a map with all village mods collected. Then it would be a simple matter of choosing which ones fit ... space wise, not talking thematic wise.

I may, if that is OK, open up a thread asking other village modders if they would contribute that info as well. But if you also just happen to have a method for making such a map that would be helpful too.

thanks in advance if you are able to help

I'm not on discord ... trying to avoid that, but if that is where I gotta go ... there I will go.

Vorians has a much more updated version of the UL map here: https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/101/images/19370/19370-1649492172-874342318.jpeg

That one covers all of the current releases and the 2 remaining WIPs. On the off chance that the link above stops working, it's on this mod page: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/19370?tab=images

I don't have one of these covering my village mods. Never really got around to making one.

As far as how to make one, most folks just use the blank provided here to edit in where things go: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/5703

• 1 month later...

Faregyl Village Version 2.0.13

When hearing the initial rumor of an incident at the mine, the map marker will be added if it's not visible to you yet.

Urasek Version 1.0.6

Made the Baron's Ledger and the Slaver's Letter quest items to prevent them from being taken if you happen to get yourself arrested trying to turn them in.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your mods and your updates.

Can I merge the Village Mods into an ESP or can this lead to problems?

Thank you

It would lead to some serious problems, even between themselves, because they have internal scripts that reference each other by name and those names would be lost in a merge.

• 2 weeks later...

Molapi Version 1.0.3

Removed a set of unnecessary sign edits.

Feldscar Version 1.0.14

Added an enabler object for compatibility sharing with Frostcrag Village.

Frostcrag Village Version 1.0.8

Added an additional road sign which will appear outside of Feldscar when that mod is installed and updated to its latest version.

Gottshaw Village Version 1.0.2

Removed the lamp post next to the road signs. Lighting this up will be handed off to Roads of Cyrodiil because it's a vanilla pole. Not to worry, Gottshaw's sign will still be there.

Sutch Village Version 1.0.6

Added some additional seating in the Silver Star Inn up on the balcony level.
Paj-Meel has been ordered to correct his advertising for the price of a room rental. It should have always specified 35gp per night.
Adjusted the path grids throughout the mod for better coverage.

Sutch Village Version 1.0.5

Added signage in Oyster Bay pointing up the road to Sutch and Anvil, and signage in Sutch itself pointing to Oyster Bay and Anvil.
Updated the sign texture for Sutch to match the new one for Oyster Bay and to fit better with the hi-res sign texture mod that's out there somewhere.
The village charter on display outside the inn referred to the Emperor as "Royal Highness" which is incorrect - it should be "His Majesty".
Jhorn, the fence in Oyster Bay, didn't recognize stolen items when selling to him because his responsibility value was too high. Sure, 2011 was a long time ago, but at least it's fixed now, right? :P
Widened the pathway through Lord Drad's stone wall on the south side of the estate. Makes better visual sense that it be wider since the village is presumably making regular cart shipments through here.