• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Hana

• Ysne58

Top Posters In This Topic

Beta patch for Sutch and Lost Coast added. Should make trying to poke around Oyster Bay a lot easier :)

• 2 weeks later...

You don't like cute Samson? :lol:Actually, I made him so wouldn't know if it's a likeness or not, lol.

:lol: Yeah, that's what he said in his comments on the image.Continuing with testing. I had to pay for the wood shipment for Bruma, but I don't think I had to pay for Bravil - is that correct?Another thing: turns out I've got Urasek loaded (didn't realize I had actually activated it when I was looked at the convo issue). Anyway, I was able to ask Dean about Miracles even though I hadn't visited Urasek, and as a result, hadn't clicked on the grave.

You should have had to pay for Bravil too. And yes, Dean can only comment about it in general since the mod is loaded. Even with OBSE you can't reference quest variables in another mod.What you ran into there is one reason I'd really like to have them all dependent on a common master so I could move the quests there to be referenced that way. The downside of course is that all the quests would get reset to zero.

Got another stage done. It was very strange climbing the stairs in a fort and not having the centre floor section gone... It was rather disconcerting :lol:Edit: A couple of things. First of all, is there supposed to be an interactive grave stone for Dread Pirate Dean? Oatmeal does say that he put up a head stone for him to keep up appearances.Second:

In the note you're not supposed to read, there's a typo. You've got "Much labor and crafstmanship..."

Edit 2: Another thing: would you mind

adding a journal update after talking to Shady Sam? He gave me the name of some dude in Leyawiin but I have the attention span of a gnat :tongue:

Yes, there's a Dean grave in... wait for it... the graveyard :POatmeal... ok. Just wait. He'll find a way to avenge this insult to all Argonians everywhere.

I have changes waiting for Hana's update that will address the journal issue along with a couple of other annoyances in that branch of the quest.BTW, if you have someone who beat the Thieves Guild, it would be cool to hear what you think of the forging option there. Just ask a member of the guild about forgery.Typo fixed.

I went through the graveyard angry.png There was one grave that I thought would probably be the one but nothing happened when I moused over it. I run through there again at some point.So the only downside with my test run is I had to use the buttons to bump things along. I just don't play often enough anymore to let time pass naturally.Re. Oatmeal: Guess I'd better make sure you never find out my character's name or there will be a nasty little surprise waiting for me ROFL

I was wondering what would happen regarding the forgery. I'm just about to do the Ultimate Heist but haven't had the time to actually do it. Can I ask someone about it now or do I have to finish the TG questline first? I think I'm done Sutch now. I did the final bump to get the legion guys there. I was half expecting to find Oatmeal in jail :lol:

Finally had my first run through after adding my pirate dialogue. Clean saved. These are things I've noticed so far;* Needs some minor landscaping near Gerrard farm to soften a glaring grass to road seam. - I'll fix* Pirate Dean's tombstone has a typo. It says "Hear lies..." .. erm, Here. * Azhir speaks about being allowed to sell ebony items yet doesn't have any.* Sanaleen Lex says "I work on the Vineyard.." To me, "I work in the Vineyard.." sounds better.* Paj-Meels bed rental dialogue is not working. After choosing Bed topic and he say he has a room for 35 gold a night, it goes right back to all the general topics and not the choices of "I'll take it" or "No thanks". - I'll fix, since I copied it for Jiata and would need to fix that anyway.* After exiting convo with Paj-Meel (about the bed) and then engaging him again, he goes immediately into telling me his plan for Fort Reconstruction. There's no exit out of the convo until he's finished and the quest has been forced on you - there's no choice to help or not even though the journal entry says "should I choose to help". It's very awkward.* The next time you speak to Paj-Meel (seconds later) he goes immediately into telling me about Roderick's gang returning and asks for help. At least this time I'm given a choice. But still, seems odd to be given Build the Fort first, then Go Clean out the Fort after.* Razor's Edge could use a sign - would you like me to make one?That's as far as I've gotten for now. I did do a lot of wandering around and talking to people, conversations are excellent, much better than my pirates convo so I'll probably rework it. I also need to make the mid deck door of the ship public or gamblers are all gonna be killed for trespassing.

You don't actually have to help him with the quest, he will proceed with the reconstruction regardless. You helping him along speeds things up and also gets you the benefit of the private quarters there if you help out enough. Think of it as "hey, I'm doing this, you can help or not".Yeah, a sign would be cool.The Roderick's Gang stuff is dependent on having been through the DB so it comes up when it comes up. There may be a whole lot of people who never see that.

The Roderick's Gang stuff is dependent on having been through the DB so it comes up when it comes up. There may be a whole lot of people who never see that.
Heh, that reminds me of Klaus. I've asked him to help on DBC because we are having some UI issues. Anyway he's going to be doing the DB questline for the first time - ever! I thought it was amusing. Poor lad's probably going to wonder what the heck he's got himself into...

Fixed up a few things, clean saved, restarted.One thing that is bugging the crap out of me. Everytime I load after a clean save, I find Manheim Maulhand dead at the top of the new Sutch road, just by the Gerrard farm. Every Time. I don't see how or why. He shouldn't be anywhere near there for one. Or dead, for two. When I clean save I'm in front of the Drad estate, so it's not like he has time to walk there and get his ass kicked by guards either. :shrug:Anyway, sort of fixed the bed rental thing. I added the choices of BedYes and BedNo to Bed ... in-game I only get the No thank you (BedNo) response showing up. Any ideas? Also, Paj-Meel's rental room door is not locked like it should be.I went through both quests so far. Roderick's gang, very nice and easyRebuilding Fort Sutch is fun, and since I know a lot of modders use Innkeepers for information I already figured to go to the inns and look for recruits. Found them all. One day I'll go kill Jansolm and the two orcs to get my money back. :PCan I use the blocks to advance now? Or will I miss something else?

Yep, once you've hired them all, you can use the block. Don't use more than one at once though because you'll break stuff in between. Also, I do hope folks appreciate the fact that the demolition crew can also cut down trees :)Don't know what to tell you about Manheim Maulhand. I'd make sure you didn't accidentally edit a vanilla AI pack and send out a call to arms for half the game to assemble there. While amusing the first time, it'll get old fast :P

Ok, looks like Manheim and Paj-Meel had the same generic AI services pack. I've given Paj-Meel his own unique services AI. This is what I hate about generic AI.Also think I fixed the bed rental issue. The money check wasn't targeted to the player so it was buggered.Serious issue: I can't go into the Manor. CTD's in game and in the CS. Did you add/change anything in that cell?

Paj-Meel's AI pack shouldn't have been an issue unless the generic TavernServices package somehow got edited.The CS isn't having any trouble opening the manor for me. I'm also able to go inside without a problem into all of the cells.

Found the manor issue... some kind of corrupted meshes I guess with the candles. Copying from my backup fixed it. :shrug:Took all day to track that down so nothing new to report. Going back in to play after dinner.

Weeeeeeeeeee! That was fun!I've finished reconstructing Fort Sutch, with one kinda big problem. I go inside and there's no floor. :stare: Plus a couple of other WTF's. What am I missing? Now to check out the mine and the manor quest. :)

Possibly that you didn't install all of the meshes that were in the update? Maybe that's also why you had trouble with the candles?

If I had to guess, I'd say the damn rumor isn't triggering right. Maybe because it's a conversation topic the NPCs are supposed to share that you're supposed to be able to overhear when the time comes. Sometimes I really hate this game (and people wonder why I faked it in Molapi).In the meantime, just do SetStage SVSilverStarManor 5

Hmm. I'll go hang out in the Inn for awhile, see if I overhear anything.I did talk to Lord Drad and he did mention Eliot, so maybe it's coming.Speaking of Eliot, I was sure I gave him a 'come outside and read every day' AI but I've yet to see him.