Sutch Village Beta Test

Arthmoor

File available: http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?a=files&s=viewfile&fid=33Specific bits in need of testing: The Fort Sutch quest and the minor side quest to kill Roderick's remaining gang members.Fort Sutch can be started by visiting Paj-Meel, in the Silver Star Inn. After his initial greeting, exit dialogue, then speak to him again. He'll bring up the subject then. There are some branching outcomes for this, so test however you see fit. There will be a time delay between each stage of the reconstruction. Use the set of switches on the ground north of the inn to advance things along when you're ready. They should be labeled by stage.Roderick's Gang can also be started by speaking to Paj-Meel. A member of the DB who has completed the medicine quest in the fort will be offered the chance to do this. It's a quickie and will mean simply going in to kill the remaining bandits you probably left behind before. Suggestions for fleshing this out are welcome.The manor is not complete, and neither is the inn (well, maybe the inn is done?). It won't do a lot of good to comment on them just yet.The Oyster Bay settlement is also not entirely complete yet but should be far enough along for most purposes.Mainly wanted to get some testing done on those quests so that this can reach general release a bit sooner.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Hana

• Ysne58

Top Posters In This Topic

Early test report. Went into Sutch and found lots of carnage. First, there seem to be some wild animal spawns nearby that you might want to move a little further away. Found a dead mountain lion and a dead villager (a mage). Also found a dead boar. And an absolutely hilarious scene. You know those carnival arcade game where a target moves back and forth and you try to shoot it? Well I witnessed the Oblivion version. Judging by the dead deer lying around, here's what I think happened. An Imperial Forester did his usual deer hunting routine. Well I don't know if he managed to nail a villager in the process or the town guard didn't like him hunting their deer, but he wound up stuck between a fence and a rock. He could have got out, but a town guard was positioned on the other side and the AI couldn't figure out the path, so he just kept walking back and forth behind the fence while one of the town guard did his best to shoot him from the other side. All he succeeded in doing was hitting the fence. It was priceless, honest. For some reason the Imperial Forester wasn't on high alert, but the town guard was.The door to the fancy house just says "Door to"Also, I thought Dwip was supposed to be a rabbit...Grrr, the upload isn't cooperating. It's telling me I can't upload to the root directory. Yes, I picked Sutch Village Beta test, or whatever it was called. Anyway I created a friends only album on DC, so you can see the screenies there. Sorry Dwip and Hana can't see though...I get started on the quest proper once I get rid of the small bounty I got from a tDBC quest...

Oh boy. Carnage is bad. Poor dead people. I removed a bunch of spawn points from the area already. Hopefully you're not seeing extras from FCOM or something. I even removed extras from TIE. So there shouldn't BE any mountain lions that close by unless they existed previously and have roamed into the area.The "mage" is actually the priestess of Kynareth. She's not exactly done yet, not that you'd know, her being dead and all.That forester is nothing but a huge pain. I don't want to delete his reference but his stubborn appearances like this are leaving us no choice. He may simply have to get zapped. Or forceably moved to another area sufficiently far away to avoid coming back. As for the rock, gah, there aren't path nodes there. How'd he manage that?I gather the dog hasn't been renamed yet. Unless Dwip wants to be a dog :PThe manor house isn't done yet and hadn't been named when this particular package was done. So it's a door to an unnamed cell for the moment.

Here's my LO:Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm [CRC: 2FF840C5]01  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 1.3] [CRC: A9327E88]02  Open Cities Resources.esm  [Version 4.1] [CRC: DD507F90]03  Ulrim's Horses.esm [CRC: 94602F90]04  Harvest[Containers].esm [CRC: D15C942F]05  Kvatch Rebuilt.esm [CRC: 16594FC6]06  bookplacing.esm  [Version 1] [CRC: B77A5A01]07  CustomSpellIcons.esm [CRC: 902BF62E]**  TNR ALL RACES FINAL.esp [CRC: 3EAE3D44]**  TNR - ShiveringIsles.esp [CRC: E04586F3]08  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.3.6] [CRC: 8874C566]09  DLCShiveringIsles.esp [CRC: 2BB84977]0A  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.4.3] [CRC: 9D2B7E2E]0B  All Natural.esp  [Version 1.3] [CRC: 868A1717]0C  All Natural - SI.esp  [Version 1.3] [CRC: 77EDBF04]0D  PTAutumnTrees.esp [CRC: 06EA8482]0E  Enhanced Water v2.0 HDMI.esp [CRC: DF786CBE]0F  Idle Dialogue.esp  [Version 1.2] [CRC: D9587EF1]10  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 1.3] [CRC: C4C01327]11  WindowLightingSystem.esp [CRC: E7050887]12  Book Jackets Oblivion - BP.esp [CRC: 0330DF00]13  ClocksOfCyrodiil_BC_OBC_OC_OCLR_Vanilla.esp [CRC: 56B294D6]14  RAEVWD Cities.esp  [Version 1.9] [CRC: 0423FA92]15  RAEVWD New Sheoth.esp  [Version 1.7] [CRC: D85ED0D8]16  RAEVWD Imperial City.esp  [Version 1.9] [CRC: 417DF3FE]17  Enhanced Economy.esp  [Version 5.4.2] [CRC: D72B3C40]18  Display Stats.esp  [Version 2.0.1] [CRC: D0E2047B]19  FormID Finder4.esp [CRC: 99D3B0B2]1A  Map Marker Overhaul.esp  [Version 3.9.1] [CRC: 00BC8073]1B  Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp  [Version 3.5] [CRC: 2B08755B]1C  Enhanced Hotkeys.esp  [Version 2.1.1] [CRC: 061FFD5A]1D  DLCHorseArmor.esp [CRC: BD0084C5]1E  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.6] [CRC: 00F74B09]1F  DLCOrrery.esp [CRC: 351A3894]20  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.4] [CRC: 9AA76E38]21  DLCVileLair.esp [CRC: 3B6E3A93]22  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7] [CRC: 5B9FF91B]23  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp [CRC: FD5BE3C6]24  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5] [CRC: FF57D0F8]25  DLCSpellTomes.esp [CRC: D4F5ACF5]26  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1] [CRC: 8CC91BA1]**  Book Jackets DLC.esp [CRC: 615C603B]**  GrimbotsSpellTomes.esp [CRC: 2C3A6F22]27  CM_Better Wine_SI.esp [CRC: 1DC92B96]28  Imperial Legion Scout Armour.esp [CRC: 2172ABBA]29  RTFemaleReplacerV12.esp [CRC: 99B62D90]2A  Slof's Horses Base.esp [CRC: 500D11A5]2B  Dude Wheres My Horse.esp [CRC: 20B183BC]**  Ranokoas Organized Potions.esp [CRC: 1F8A0789]2C  DLCThievesDen.esp [CRC: 7F76D2D3]2D  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9] [CRC: 81666EBB]2E  mg19obsefix.esp  [Version 1] [CRC: CF2E8971]2F  Harvest[Containers] - Vanilla - Ore ReSpawn.esp [CRC: FA976DF1]30  Harvest[Containers] - SI - Ore Respawn.esp [CRC: C66726CF]31  Imperial Furniture Renovated.esp [CRC: 8A0EBFC3]32  ImpeREAL City Unique Districts - All the Districts - Merged.esp [CRC: E0E5A137]33  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp [CRC: AD09115C]34  OCC-KR-Patch.esp  [Version 2.0.1] [CRC: 3404C6BB]35  Kvatch Rebuilt - Oblivion XP Patch.esp [CRC: 95FD7322]36  Kvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.esp [CRC: AF253C2E]37  VOILA.esp [CRC: 8F056257]38  Whispered Warning.esp [CRC: E81F23D0]39  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp [CRC: 09AFCCEB]3A  DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.6] [CRC: AB4DE79A]3B  DLCFrostcrag.esp [CRC: 1E5A24A7]3C  Kvatch Rebuilt_Frostcrag.esp [CRC: 57829427]3D  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.5] [CRC: 5744D6B8]3E  OCOD+FrostcragSpire Patch.esp [CRC: 943DFC2A]3F  AFK_Frostcrag.esp  [Version 1.2.Non-COBL] [CRC: 39FCAD75]40  BrumaGuildReconstructed.esp  [Version 1.0] [CRC: B7F20685]41  Ulrim's Horses.esp [CRC: FEAC9F83]42  road+bridges.esp  [Version 4.6.2] [CRC: ED074704]43  Faregyl.esp  [Version 2.0.4] [CRC: 8D05EB25]44  Frostcrag Village.esp  [Version 1.0.3] [CRC: E2CB4655]45  Sutch Village.esp  [Version 1.0] [CRC: 43842A1E]46  Open Cities New Sheoth.esp  [Version 2.0] [CRC: 5BF0B1C3]47  Open Cities Outer Districts.esp  [Version 4.1] [CRC: C3F91AC2]48  DarkBrotherhoodChronicles.esp [CRC: D74F12CD]49  Open Cities Reborn.esp  [Version 1.1.1] [CRC: EC680F2C]4A  OCR+DBC Patch.esp  [Version 1.0] [CRC: E096CE6B]4B  Harvest [Flora].esp  [Version 3.0.0] [CRC: 4A05D803]4C  Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.0.0] [CRC: 82D87FD4]4D  Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp  [Version 3.0.0] [CRC: 4C040612]4E  Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp  [Version 3.0.0] [CRC: 8E72A60E]4F  Real Lava 1.3.esp [CRC: 3B308C4D]50  AutoBookPlacer.esp  [Version 3.02] [CRC: 38A62CE7]51  BlackScreenSneakFix.esp [CRC: BA4A70FF]52  HUD Status Bars.esp  [Version 4.1.1] [CRC: F68586AE]53  DecoratorAssistant with OBSE v1.1.esp [CRC: 375C013E]54  DS Storage Sacks.esp  [Version 1.3] [CRC: B1B49C99]55  Oblivifall - Ambiant Dungeon SFX.esp  [Version 3.0] [CRC: A965B766]56  Soulgem Magic.esp  [Version 2.0] [CRC: 73FDB16B]57  Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp  [Version 3.2.0] [CRC: 7519C5D5]58  Quest Award Leveling SI.esp [CRC: 9E6B0DF7]59  Quest Award Leveller.esp  [Version 2.1.0] [CRC: E396AA95]5A  Quest Award Leveller - Battlehorn Castle.esp [CRC: 132DB097]5B  Quest Award Leveller - Vile Lair.esp  [Version 2.1.0] [CRC: 929FC47E]5C  Quest Award Leveller - Mehrunes Razor.esp  [Version 2.1.0] [CRC: 65B67B12]5D  Kyoma's Spell Renamer.esp  [Version 3.0.1] [CRC: 785FA95A]5E  Oblivion Gate Closer Spell V2.esp [CRC: 8AD1FCC1]5F  RefScope.esp  [Version 2.1.2] [CRC: 09E4EE27]60  SupremeMagicka.esp  [Version 0.90b] [CRC: E17F6184]61  SM_ShiveringIsles.esp  [Version 0.90] [CRC: FA560808]62  SM_DLCSpellTome.esp  [Version 0.90] [CRC: D8BF78E7]63  SM_Scrolls.esp  [Version 0.90] [CRC: 0FD90101]64  SM_SigilStone.esp  [Version 0.90] [CRC: 950FCE90]65  Lightweight Potions.esp  [Version 1.1] [CRC: 93187A63]66  Oblivion XP.esp [CRC: 93D46AC0]67  AB GMA.esp [CRC: 8F1D427E]68  AMB.esp [CRC: 0A7FF55B]69  kuerteeDetectLifeEffectNightEyeShader.esp [CRC: EE86F7F4]++  NRB4 OCReborn Road Record.esp [CRC: 63EA1E4B]++  Harvest Containers Filter patch for mods.esp  [Version 1.00] [CRC: E51157E3]**  All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp  [Version 1.3] [CRC: 26FF9B00]6A  WeatherleahPatch.esp [CRC: 09EF43A5]6B  BattleOfBruma.esp [CRC: 350A4EC3]6C  MyTweaks.esp [CRC: 865BF943]6D  Bashed Patch, 0.esp [CRC: 65C71DBB]

No FCOM or TIE. Would it help to add the town guards to the same faction as the foresters? This is a long running game. In fact I've done Malacath already and was wondering if I was going to have trouble riding through Drad's estate. Fortunately the ogres just growled and didn't attack Shadowmere. Oh, btw, I thought it was a nice touch to add a custom rumour about the Fort Sutch Oblivion gate. I did do that one and got a comment from one of the miners about it. So it's possible some of these critter spawns are due to the fact that I've been in the area before - not sure.So should I try resurrecting these townsfolk? And how do I get the guard and forester to settle down? rofl.gif It's very similar to the situation I had in one of our sanctuaries before we figured out the bug with Harvest Containers: I had to break up a fight between two members. :PDwip the dog does have a certain ring to it... :DDid you see my post on DC about the knight's armour? I gave you a jab for the darned Faregyl rumour. Brand new NPC added to the game and the first thing out of his mouth? The Faregyl rumour about the estate being almost finished! I'm going to start adding tDBC rumours to your villages!! lmao.gif

Well adding the town guards to the legion would only effectively turn them into legionnaires which wouldn't be what I want. Making them friendly with the legion should work fine though and probably should be done anyway.Yeah, may as well resurrect the dead. No flags will have been disturbed by that so it won't make much difference.

That forester used to bug the crap out of me, every time I went in game he was killing something or being chased by the guards. Haven't had any trouble with him lately though, even after a few clean saves. :shrug: So he'll eventually go on his way.

:lol: Except he's pretty much standing on top of an NPC I want to resurrect. I'll resurrect the NPC and see if he gets killed again by the guard's target practice.

Ok, loaded saved game from when I just entered town and headed straight over to the trouble spot. This time only the mage was dead, so I resurrected her. The guard was running across the countryside after the forester. The weird thing is that only the guard was upset - the forester ignored him. The guard did manage to hit the forester once but even then the forester didn't get upset - he just continued to ignore him. Very strange. Anyway I left them to it and returned to town.I headed down to the water and met the boar I had seen on my previous visit strolling along the road into town. This time I was able to blast him with a lightning spell before he caused any trouble. So there seems to be a spawn point in my game anyway. Might be something from before. I passed some aloe vera that was floating up in the air and proceeded to Oyster Bay. There I saw some very nice pink squares of water, after I passed an odd building that was sunk into the road.I wandered around Oyster Bay a bit and had a very nice chat with Pirate Dean. Since I'm running Frostcrag and Faregyl, I got two stories out of him. Then I decided to return to Sutch. I almost needed my levitation spell to get past that house that's sunk in the road - I couldn't run up the hill. But I managed to huff and puff my way past the house.More screenshots are here. I'm off to bed.

Arthmoor, you'll have to help figure out that house, as I certainly didn't plant any in the road. And I can't see the pics. (photobucket would be nice :P )It sounds like some mod conflict. Use Refscope or FormID finder on the house.Couldn't even hazard a guess as to where the extra spawns are coming from either.

Floating plants are easy enough to deal with. Rogue spawn points? Not so much since deleting them doesn't seem to be enough to erase their effects if you've been there already.No idea what the deal is with the pink water. That's not something this mod is causing. We aren't editing water types in ocean cells. No idea what the house is all about as there's no pic of it to be sure. It may be from Lost Coast though and if so, I have a patch for that waiting on final adjustments.

Sorry about the pics guys. I didn't want to make the album public, so I made it friends only, which requires you sign up at Dark Creations. I wanted to upload here, but it gave me errors and you can only upload one image at a time. I'll grab a pic of the house - I thought it was intentional.I don't like using Photobucket anymore because they're shrinking all your images now. Not sure about the pink water either. It was foggy at the time, but that's the only thing that was the least bit unusual. I had some odd artifacts in that area before, even before Sutch. In my other game, I actually had a floating ruin out over the water! Anyway I was just posting it just in case, but I doubt it's anything to do with this.

"Ancient Conclave Door to Lost Library" sure seems awfully specific. Is that from DBC by chance?Also, yes, I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm not entirely happy with the state of QSFP as a software package. No gallery, less than adequate downloads support, busted javascript, etc.

Hahaha - no. That would be incredibly embarrassing (and yes, you did have me worried for a minute ROFL).Turns out it's from Grand Master of Alchemy. I've never managed to get my character up to a high enough level to actually do the quest associated with it. He gets high enough to take advantage of the more powerful potions, but there's a quest to get some uber gear if you get your alchemy skill high enough. Anyway I knew there was a location down near Vile Lair, but I didn't know about the one on the west coast.Sorry about that.

Done initial run-through I think. Are there any quests yet?Only thing I noticed is that the inn rooms are un-owned and unlocked, so you could sleep for free. Also one door opens into the hallway, which is a little awkward. The other door opens into the room but clips quite badly with the dresser that's behind the door.

Talk to Paj-Meel. Both of the quests route through him, though you'll have to listen to his greeting speech first.The inn isn't entirely finished yet in the copy you have. Hana is still working on that. (I did mention this in the OP, yes?)

Sorry, I think I missed the OP here! I saw your comments from the village thread and hopped over here to list my initial impressions. I saw the comment about the switches.That's what I get for visiting here at 3am...

Error message while unzipping file "CRC failed in 'texturesArthmoorsutchcluttermount2_ndds' File is broken."I have no idea how that will affect game play.The windows in the inn are purple. Conscribe log for inside and outside on first floor -- I assume related to the error message when I unzipped the file.----[ 2011-10-02 20:34:39]Reference 32002056(Non-Persistent)Defined in Sutch Village.espStatic 3200204FDefined in Sutch Village.esp----[ 2011-10-02 20:37:39]Reference 32002D37(Non-Persistent)Defined in Sutch Village.espStatic 32002D36Defined in Sutch Village.esp

I noticed the broken file too. That's easy enough to fix with a new one though.Yep, we'll need to modify the path to the transparent window texture. The two issues are not related.

I noticed the broken file too. That's easy enough to fix with a new one though.

Yep' date=' we'll need to modify the path to the transparent window texture. The two issues are not related.[/quote']Well, it's a good thing I try to report everything I notice then.Don't forget to add a readme before you publish this.

So I didn't see any of this since I'm using All Natural? I did actually look at the windows, wondering if they were going to be transparent or not :grinning:

I have a screen shot of a woman appearing to walk in mid air south of the inn. I'm not sure how I should go about uploading it here though, can someone walk me through that please?