Sutch Village Beta Test

Arthmoor

I got through the rebuilding fort sutch quest 2 different ways. I did have the game crash a few times when clicking the button to complete the interior stage just after the quest screen loaded and I exited out of that.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Hana

• Ysne58

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to show us a pic, upload it to some free pic site like imageshack or photobucket and add the link here.Or, send me the picture directly over at TESA, it's easier.

Ok, I've hired some folks to help with the reconstruction of the fort. Could you give some indication that I've hired all the available help? I had to peek at the quest in the CS to see that I've done all there is to do at this point. It will save some running around Anvil and Chorrol trying to see if there are any other strange NPC's hanging around. And since I'm running OCR, there are a few strange NPC's already :grinning:

Did you stop and ask anyone in town about people looking for work? :PThey'll tell you where to go, and the innkeepers will get more specific in pointing out who to talk to. Once you've got everyone they say is looking, that's it.@Ysne: Two different ways already? Nice :) Hopefully they both turned out ok. As for the pic, imageshack.us is about as good a choice as any.

If you want to show us a pic' date=' upload it to some free pic site like imageshack or photobucket and add the link here.

Or, send me the picture directly over at TESA, it's easier.[/quote']You are right Hana, sending it to you as an attachment over at TESA is much faster -- and already done. Thanks.Arthmoor, I ended up with a save before completing the exterior because of the random crashing when completing that phase and found 2 different endings available when getting the request to deliver the sealed letter and the money. ( I have a tendency to read every piece of paper as soon as it reaches my inventory).

I just paid a visit to Oyster Bay. The smoke coming out of the chimneys is purple squares.On one of the ships there is purple flickering which I suspect means problems with a flaming candle type mesh. I did take screen shots. I'm waiting to hear back from Hana, I'm having technical issues with sending her screen shots over at TESA.

Did you stop and ask anyone in town about people looking for work? :P

They'll tell you where to go' date=' and the innkeepers will get more specific in pointing out who to talk to. Once you've got everyone they say is looking, that's it.

[/quote']Yes I did. Chorrol was more specific, so I was pretty sure I found everybody there was to hire, but Anvil was a little more vague. I can't remember if I spoke to the innkeepers in Anvil though - it might have just been a townsperson. I did get the directions of where to look, it just wasn't clear how many there were in total that you could hire. I was just thinking of some kind of journal update or an option to go back to the guy in Sutch and talk to him again to get confirmation that you've hired all the help you can. I tried going back to the guy in Sutch and he didn't have anything to say. Perhaps even just an indication that yup, they've got the help, come back in blah blah days or weeks to see how we're doing.Once I spoke to an townsperson and got an idea of where to look, I didn't think to speak to an innkeeper. And of course, once you've hired the person, the innkeep won't have anything more to say.

I just paid a visit to Oyster Bay. The smoke coming out of the chimneys is purple squares.On one of the ships there is purple flickering which I suspect means problems with a flaming candle type mesh. I did take screen shots. I'm waiting to hear back from Hana' date=' I'm having technical issues with sending her screen shots over at TESA.[/quote']The smoke particles thing is fixed now, thanks for reminding me about that since I have AWLS installed and that's what normally provides that.Not sure what the deal with the ship is, Hana will have to look into that one.
Once I spoke to an townsperson and got an idea of where to look' date=' I didn't think to speak to an innkeeper. And of course, once you've hired the person, the innkeep won't have anything more to say.[/quote']That's supposed to be the cue really that there's nobody else left to grab.Maybe it's just that I've played tons of games that do this, but usually the standard fare is:* Ask random person about X.* Random person says ask the innkeeper.* Ask the innkeeper.It got to where this happened enough in several games that I often skipped right to just asking the innkeeper. Which makes sense, they're supposed to be the ones in town that know everyone and know what's going on. So it feels natural to me to involve them in most things.

In which I poke my head in to apologize for not, in fact, getting to this like I said. Apparently what I'll actually be getting is massive and rather crippling headaches instead. Rather have the beta, but oh well.

I have your headache too.I really need to stop using loose meshes from my data folder as a base to change said mesh. So far, the Inn is using AN windows, and apparently the ship is using AWLS. :facepalm: I have no idea what's up with the floating NPC though. Just one of those random quirkinesses of the game.

I have your headache too.

I really need to stop using loose meshes from my data folder as a base to change said mesh. So far' date=' the Inn is using AN windows, and apparently the ship is using AWLS. :facepalm:

I have no idea what's up with the floating NPC though. Just one of those random quirkinesses of the game.[/quote']You sure figured that out fast. I don't play the DB questline so I cannot check out that second quest.

The AWLS part will be even easier to fix since it's just a matter of getting the default animation state right.

Ok, I guess I'll start learning to talk to innkeepers then :grinning:I did Roderik's quest and that was fine. I did like the little slip by the Sutch guy at the end (obviously I can't remember his name :lol:).

Paj-Meel, and yes, that little "slip" is a subtle hint, although there isn't anything to follow up on with it. Just a character tease is all.Doesn't sound like too much wrong this time through. Could it be that we've pulled off a miracle? Or is Dwip lost in his email client writing the mother of all fixlists? :P

Oatmeal - got it :grinning:Yeah. I'm just waiting for the next stage now. I'd rather not use the buttons to force it :tongue: I guess you might need a GMA patch, but I don't know how many users of that there are.

Don't mock the Argonian, he might just have to hire a mercenary to... take care of that.I suppose I should have mentioned that those stages can be somewhat long to insanely long depending on the hiring options you do. That's why the buttons are there. I wouldn't worry about making sure the timers work, because they do, that's all the buttons do is move the timers along. Otherwise you could be waiting an awfully long time if you don't do much sleeping/waiting in the game.

Well I hired all the help I could. So what's the wait time on that? And if I decide to use the buttons, which one would it be - the first one? As in the left-most one?

The shortest it can get between stages is 7 days, but can be as long as 21. You'd start with the first button, labeled as "stage 30 - demolition done", then move out of the area until the quest update shows. 15,000 units distance, about 2/3 of the way down through the canyon to Oyster Bay will do, or fast traveling to anywhere at least as far away. That's done mainly so you aren't in visual range to see the entire thing simply snap to its new look for each stage. Repeat as needed with the next button in line to the north. I think the other stages are going to be slightly less ambiguous.You'll also want to at least go see what the workers do as things progress. I at least tried to make it somewhat more than just looking like they randomly goof off.Once a stage fires after hitting a button, go back and talk to Paj-Meel to start the next phase. You'll want to do the stuff from there up to being told that the occupants for the new fort will arrive in a week, at which point the stage 100 button will conclude things.I do hope the part between the interior being done and the legion arriving is at least interesting, there are a few different ways that portion can play itself out if you're thinking a bit.

You'll also want to at least go see what the workers do as things progress. I at least tried to make it somewhat more than just looking like they randomly goof off.
Why not? That's the way it looks in RL - especially the phone and cable company guys!Ok' date=' that sounds good. I'll keep an eye on things. I might actually have to go back and redo all this due to a bug in one of [i']my[/i] scripts *sigh*Hang on - the bbcode is working now! If I highlight a word, I can apply several tags and the word stays highlighted. I'm using Chrome.

No, is the short answer. Sick and/or busy since Saturday. But I should be able to give this a go tonight if that's good.

Well, I got about a page full of stuff just now before the game finally crashed, so there's that.I could get with this whole 8 gigs of memory + LAA patch thing. I really could.