Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Good lord. I'm not a huge lore nut and certainly unqualified to speak to OOO specifics' date=' but damn. You're now aware of why some of us don't like the people on the FCOM team. You can hammer them with cold hard facts all day if you want, they won't listen, and their attitude generally sucks ass.

Also apparent where they pulled the old "we were here first" bullshit when someone asked about a patch for BC. Their lack of understanding of mod cleaning and "intentional dirty edits" leave a lot to be desired too. OOO uses an awful lot of bad practices that the team either doesn't know how to fix, or is too stubborn to fix for unknown reasons.

Fortunately OBSE provides ways around their stubbornness and I've used it before to bypass the need to try and ask them to make changes to accommodate things people want to use.[/quote']Well, "Intentional" dirty edits no doubt made sense back wehn there was no BASH Patch and you wanted to revert something the UOP changed, a mod which itself has overstepped the mark, but in this day and age that is no longer an issue because BOSS and BASH will bitchslap your dirty edits anyway and you'd need a later-loading patch or the right tag.Having said that, dirty edits rob the user of choice in the matter.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

At the risk of sparking a useless debate about it, exactly how has the UOP overstepped the mark? People loved to smash me over the head with that one but Kivan didn't overrule any of it when he officially issued the last update.Also, users have a choice. They can ignore bogus advice and clean the mods anyway and then realize that nothing is broken as a result of it. Hell, it might even lead to a more stable game since it's well established removal of dirty edits will bring added stability.

At the risk of sparking a useless debate about it' date=' exactly how has the UOP overstepped the mark? People loved to smash me over the head with that one but Kivan didn't overrule any of it when he officially issued the last update.[/quote']Actually, I wasn't thinking of anything you did - more like "fixing" the silver longsword so it has an all-silver scabard when it was clearly intended to have a black leather one with silver fittings.

That's probably the first time I've heard anything about that in... 3 years now. What might have been intended didn't come to pass. The texture had nothing but a big blank spot of black where the scabbard part was. It looked awful in game before it was fixed. So awful it didn't come across as anything more than a really bad texture bug.

That's probably the first time I've heard anything about that in... 3 years now. What might have been intended didn't come to pass. The texture had nothing but a big blank spot of black where the scabbard part was. It looked awful in game before it was fixed. So awful it didn't come across as anything more than a really bad texture bug.
I never noticed, I just saw it was black, but then I never used one myself.

You may not be getting your point across about the Dremora/Daedra thing. 1.35 also has the same +100 disposition for them, both unchanged from vanilla.

You may not be getting your point across about the Dremora/Daedra thing. 1.35 also has the same +100 disposition for them' date=' both unchanged from vanilla.[/quote']Yes, I've walked that back - thank you.Regardless, my interlocutor claimed the factions were set up to attack each other, and they aren't and there appears to be no reason why they should.

Yes, I got that. He's obviously wrong on that point if you're observing that they are attacking each other. That would mean the behavior would have to be scripted elsewhere since the faction settings alone don't allow for it.

Team FCOM could rival House Dres with their definition of tradition. Continuing to package old, seriously outdated mods instead of removing them from the archive because "we want to stay true to the developer's vision" is an extremely flimsy argument and always bites the user in the ass when he comes asking for help about those mods and is told the one he is using (which was packaged with his giant overhaul) is deprecated by another. Unless he actually did specifically state not to do such things to the mod, but I kinda doubt that.And, of course, the same goes for bugs and, interestingly, balancing. They are not fixed because apparently the developer intended for them to be there (referencing above Daedra-Dremora melee bug). I gave up dealing with them after I tried reporting to them I felt the shock trap needed re-thinking due to it's ability to instant-kill the player regardless of player action to avoid it, as their trap detection is based on die-rolls. That's not cool, even Morrowind with the "Trapped" dialogue disabled gives you a guaranteed success for detecting traps, and you don't have to risk setting them off to do so. But no, it won't be changed because it wasn't "in spirit."Since that day, I've lost respect for the mod. Complaints are never taken to heart. I think the FCOM team needs a good lesson in "move with the times, or the times move you."

I think it's going to be a case of the players moving on to Skyrim over time and the FCOM guys wondering why there's no interest in their 6 year long beta program. :P

Ah. Deleting the comments of the supremely uninformed. Oh how I wish I could do this on Nexus too.

The one benefit of using Steam Workshop. :tongue: Anyways, for the very first time, I've just finished Tribunal. Quite the twist at the end.

Almalexia's behind it all!

It does give me a suitable roleplay scenario to insert my character with few Legion ties into Bloodmoon, too.

He is Archmaster of Great House Redoran, and by his hands, Almalexia was slain. That alone means scandal, Redoran is going to be in extreme damage control over the news that their Archmaster killed one of the Gods they so fervently worshipped. And I am going to have to sit this one out, since obviously no one will listen to me. It will be suggested I leave Morrowind until this blows over, so I'll be chartering a boat to take me to Solstheim.

Yeah, the end of Tribunal is pretty great. Although, IMHO, Bloodmoon is much the superior xpack. More awesome things going down, less ludicrous DB dungeons and fabricants.

Bloodmoon was the only part of Morrowind I was really driven to finish - it's very tightly plotted and quite compelling and pacy.

I just wish the Clockwork City had more going on in it than, well, nothing. Seriously, the only things you are doing in there are dodging traps and killing Fabricants.Tribunal's dungeons are pretty bare-bones. Apart from what you need for the quests, there's almost nothing interesting in them.

This just in: TES Nexus has officially been split into Morrowind Nexus and Oblivion Nexus. All Morrowind mods uploaded to TES Nexus have also been moved to Morrowind Nexus.Glad to see it since Morrowind modders have lost their primary repository at Planet Elder Scrolls and they need to find a new home.Take note the theelderscrolls.nexusmods.com is now a dead link, so if you have bookmarked that page, you will need to update it.

Long time coming, but Jesus Christ, the URL change is going to hurt a bit :P

Long time coming' date=' but Jesus Christ, the URL change is going to hurt a bit :P[/quote']I still use "tesnexus.com", which still loads. :tongue:

Big day for major releases. SKSE just rolled out the beta for their Papyrus support.And this means I can finally return to work on EoS. Woohoo!! banana.gif

Ok, I have the new urls book marked now. They do need to update their own links at some point. If you try to find it from the network pull down menu, you still get directed to the old url.

So......Some time tomorrow I will be loading Hammergate up and testing my first multstage linear quest.Here's hoping it doesn't go "bang".

*giggle*
Yeah' date=' I've been pretty fucking pedantic today (much more fun than this conference paper on the heresy of the [i']Gospel of Nichodemus[/i])Plus, totally linear - but I think you should be able to finish the quest even if everything borks provided you kill all 14 of the bastards it'll advance to stage 100. The rest is just fluff to set up a street battle and kill a sentry.Also, how awsome is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVSxIOAo1N8&feature=related

Kinda figure it's not "Well, did I fuck anything up?" so much as it's "Well, how much DID I fuck up, anyway, and how many noob mistakes am I going to feel really dumb about later?"

Kinda figure it's not "Well' date=' did I fuck anything up?" so much as it's "Well, how much DID I fuck up, anyway, and how many noob mistakes am I going to feel really dumb about later?"[/quote']I expect I got a "<" or ">" backwards somewhere. Like I said though, so long as I kill all the attackers the quest will advance to the end, and I know that bit works because the code is snipped from the original Battlehorn Castle quest.Fingers crossed.