• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

45583, although I freely admit at least 3 of those were pure guesses. I should go to Vegas.

9/10 estimate 45519, and the only one I got wrong was to do with Bacteria.English and Classics degre FTW!

So, Iliana got banned from Nexus.So, no one else is getting that mod, apparently.You know, I was just thinking how disapointing all those half-finished province mods are.Skyrim Improved, half finished final version never released.Valenwood Improved, less spectacular, but also only half finsihed, doesn't appear to be going anywhere.Various Morrowind mods, the same.Iliana was the only one to release a mod more than half done, but like all the others it seems to be a case of one person insisting on working on a whole province pretty much on their own.

So' date=' Iliana got banned from Nexus.So, no one else is getting that mod, apparently.You know, I was just thinking how disapointing all those half-finished province mods are.Skyrim Improved, half finished final version never released.Valenwood Improved, less spectacular, but also only half finsihed, doesn't appear to be going anywhere.Various Morrowind mods, the same.Iliana was the only one to release a mod more than half done, but like all the others it seems to be a case of one person insisting on working on a whole province pretty much on their own.[/quote']I looked through the strike system and the post about the banning says she was banned by request. I have no idea what that means. If anyone has contact with her, Great House Fliggerty might be a nice and viable option if she is still wanting to make that mod available .

So' date=' Iliana got banned from Nexus.

So, no one else is getting that mod, apparently.

You know, I was just thinking how disapointing all those half-finished province mods are.

Skyrim Improved, half finished final version never released.

Valenwood Improved, less spectacular, but also only half finsihed, doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

Various Morrowind mods, the same.

Iliana was the only one to release a mod more than half done, but like all the others it seems to be a case of one person insisting on working on a whole province pretty much on their own.[/quote']

I looked through the strike system and the post about the banning says she was banned by request. I have no idea what that means. If anyone has contact with her, Great House Fliggerty might be a nice and viable option if she is still wanting to make that mod available .

That means she has gone into self enforced exile. That explains why the mod is gone from both Nexus and PES. Clearly, she felt it was a millstone around her neck and wanted to be completely rid of it. That's a real shame because the mod was about 80% complete in terms of building and populating the world.

That means she has gone into self enforced exile. That explains why the mod is gone from both Nexus and PES. Clearly' date=' she felt it was a millstone around her neck and wanted to be completely rid of it. That's a real shame because the mod was about 80% complete in terms of building and populating the world.[/quote']I agree, that is a real shame.

Yeah, that does suck. However, I'm pretty sure somewhere along the line she passed the torch. I can't find the threads about it right now though.

Yeah' date=' that does suck. However, I'm pretty sure somewhere along the line she passed the torch. I can't find the threads about it right now though.[/quote']I vaguely recall reading in a thread somewhere that Lady N was taking that over. I am unable to find that just now.

Well, I just spent 20 minutes going through Riverhold castle untangling it, one whole wing was disconected and a bunch of doors were out of whack.For no reason.That's the sort of think that spoils a mod.

Well' date=' I just spent 20 minutes going through Riverhold castle untangling it, one whole wing was disconected and a bunch of doors were out of whack.

For no reason.

That's the sort of think that spoils a mod.[/quote']I'm sorry you experienced that frustration Sigurd.

Well' date=' I just spent 20 minutes going through Riverhold castle untangling it, one whole wing was disconected and a bunch of doors were out of whack.

For no reason.

That's the sort of think that spoils a mod.[/quote']

I'm sorry you experienced that frustration Sigurd.

It's not frustration, it's dissapointment.A lot of the basic issues with Anequina could be fixed by a modeller and a modder in about a week. Sure, there still wouldn't be many quests, but there's be no overlapping meshes or doors in space either - which is the sort of thing people notice whilst running away from that sand troll they stepped on.

And on another tangent. Robin Scott would appreciate help with getting bugs created by NMM fixed from coders who have the ability to help out.

And on an actually unrelated tangent - I just discovered I could view my Temporary Internet Files folder with WinRAR.17GB.What else is disk clean up not cleaning? I shudder to think.

That stuff you did on Anequina. Why not offer it to the guy doing the unofficial patch for it? He still has permission to continue his work, so it wouldn't be entirely in vain for those people who still have Iliana's work.Lesson learned: Don't delete mods you download. Save them somewhere. You never know what will happen.

That stuff you did on Anequina. Why not offer it to the guy doing the unofficial patch for it? He still has permission to continue his work' date=' so it wouldn't be entirely in vain for those people who still have Iliana's work.

Lesson learned: Don't delete mods you download. Save them somewhere. You never know what will happen.[/quote']I already asked him about it, his response was that the whole area is half finished and "meant" to be inaccessable. In fact, it's quite clear that Iliana intended to do something else with it. The 5th floor is a copy of the 4th, and there is an exterior door to the balcony, it looks like she was halfway through a redesign.This is the problem with her not allowing anyone to do official cleanup, though I did see she has given permission for the mod to be uploaded to TESAlliance now, but not Nexus.Having said that, this may just be Lord Dragon being overly conservative - although I can see why. One minute I'm connecting doors in Riverhold, the next I'll by cluttering the Library in Corinthe.Agh! So tempting. Architechture and cluttering are all I'm good at.

Yeah, I kind of wish she'd given a more definitive grant of permission other than just "yes you can upload it to TESA". Something that would have allowed it to be officially picked up and continued. Perhaps LogicDragon will see fit to tidy some of that kind of stuff up though by removing the doors to nowhere in his patch.I haven't checked its validity yet, but I was digging deep into Google today and found this: http://www.4shared.com/archive/a5x0V2Lx/Elsweyr_Deserts_of_Anequina.html

Yeah' date=' I kind of wish she'd given a more definitive grant of permission other than just "yes you can upload it to TESA". Something that would have allowed it to be officially picked up and continued. Perhaps LogicDragon will see fit to tidy some of that kind of stuff up though by removing the doors to nowhere in his patch.

I haven't checked its validity yet, but I was digging deep into Google today and found this: http://www.4shared.com/archive/a5x0V2Lx/Elsweyr_Deserts_of_Anequina.html[/quote']Just upload it to TESA chief, if you're the one who uploads it it'll stay there and you can tell tell people to sit down and shut up it they bitch about it.Really though, it just needs a little work, blend some of the last transitions a little more, clutter some of the cells. Maybe add Oblivion gates outside the cities.

Wait, what? She didn't give *ME* permission to do anything with it, so why would I upload it to TESA and risk the wrath of the community over something like that?

I thought you'd say that. :biggrin: She din't give a person permission, she just gave permission. That was my reading of it.Howbeit, the first man to upload it will have dibs - and if that's a jerk it'll go up and down like a yo-yo to to satify his ego I expect.Still, we shall see.Edit: Ah, I see I misread. :facepalm: I could have just deleted this post though.

If she had given blanket permission I still wouldn't have wanted to do that. I don't have the desire to accept responsibility for a project of that magnitude in an unfinished state.Yes, it would have remained up though, because why take it down? Just ignore the dipshits who can't keep their mouths shut. Doesn't much matter though. I'm sure one of the two people she did give permission to will do just fine, plus there's always 4Shared :P

Internet trolling can hurt. I struggle with it on occasion.Anyway, remember we were talking about the lack of skimpy armour for men?Pretty boys: http://tes.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=40347I don't know about you, but the thing I like most about a breastplate is that it prevents me from parting ways with my chest hair, and my nipples.Of course, there's the whole disembowling thing too...

ROFL

I have no idea what that long thing is supposed to be on the girls' armour.

Loincloth I think. Of greater note is the fact that the men seem to be more skimpily dressed than the women, pvc pants notwithstanding.

I thought it was about equal. The girls really didn't look like they had anything under that dangly thing. :lol: I consider both sets equally impractical. :tongue: