Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Nah, you can totally see a thong in one of the girls' pics. Also, they have covered nipples and bigger pauldrons.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

I thought it was about equal. The girls really didn't look like they had anything under that dangly thing. :lol:

I consider both sets equally impractical. :tongue:

That is what my 18 year old son says when he sees all that skimpy armor. No protection.

I thought it was about equal. The girls really didn't look like they had anything under that dangly thing. :lol:

I consider both sets equally impractical. :tongue:

That is what my 18 year old son says when he sees all that skimpy armor. No protection.

He's 18 and he says that... not 12?Or is he just being coy for Mum?Ah, there are advantages to being incapable of forming romantic attachments. These will never be never questions I ask myself.

I thought it was about equal. The girls really didn't look like they had anything under that dangly thing. :lol:I consider both sets equally impractical. :tongue:
He's 18 and he says that... not 12?Or is he just being coy for Mum?Ah' date=' there are advantages to being incapable of forming romantic attachments. These will never be never questions I ask myself.[/quote']He is high functioning autistic, so he hasn't acquired an interest in girls as romantic partners yet. He does have a number of friends who are girls though. I expect that things will start changing in about 2 years when all those hormones catch up to him. At least by then, he will know how to talk to the other gender. Or his own if that's the way he ends up leaning.

He is high functioning autistic' date=' so he hasn't acquired an interest in girls as romantic partners yet. He does have a number of friends who are girls though. I expect that things will start changing in about 2 years when all those hormones catch up to him. At least by then, he will know how to talk to the other gender. Or his own if that's the way he ends up leaning. [/quote']Really? I feel for you and him, Ysne, autism on any scale is really hard to live with, and not just for the person who is symptomatic. One of the most stressful scenarios for a parent is to have an autistic child.I, personally, got off light here (as did your son), since I was born with Asperger Syndrome (only recently became recognized as part of the autism spectrum, officially recognized as a diagnosis in 1992, two years after I was born) and as such suffered no language impairments outside of it being difficult for me to string a sentence together without stuttering somewhere. But the lack of skill or, interestingly, drive to socialize is still very much there and I doubt if I will ever be able to get over it. And the intense compulsions. I want to try and focus those onto my career, and I think that computer sciences is where I finally managed to get them to stick, so I hope it works out.

I'm sorry, that was a somewhat crass joke to make in any case.I'm supposedly on the Autistic Spectrum, never been tested though. For what it's worth though - the whole "can't form romantic attachments" thing is the result of personal damage.

He is high functioning autistic' date=' so he hasn't acquired an interest in girls as romantic partners yet. He does have a number of friends who are girls though. I expect that things will start changing in about 2 years when all those hormones catch up to him. At least by then' date=' he will know how to talk to the other gender. Or his own if that's the way he ends up leaning. [/quote'']

Really? I feel for you and him, Ysne, autism on any scale is really hard to live with, and not just for the person who is symptomatic. One of the most stressful scenarios for a parent is to have an autistic child.

I, personally, got off light here (as did your son), since I was born with Asperger Syndrome (only recently became recognized as part of the autism spectrum, officially recognized as a diagnosis in 1992, two years after I was born) and as such suffered no language impairments outside of it being difficult for me to string a sentence together without stuttering somewhere. But the lack of skill or, interestingly, drive to socialize is still very much there and I doubt if I will ever be able to get over it. And the intense compulsions. I want to try and focus those onto my career, and I think that computer sciences is where I finally managed to get them to stick, so I hope it works out.

I think you are dealing with it really well TK. The trick is to find a way to work with those quirks instead of letting them work against you. The school my son is in has made a huge difference. He has friends now. He didn't when he started there in 7th grade. I've done my best over the years to let him be who he is while making sure he understands the whys and sees examples of successful people who manage to work with their issues instead of being worked over by those issue.
I'm sorry' date=' that was a somewhat crass joke to make in any case.

I'm supposedly on the Autistic Spectrum, never been tested though. For what it's worth though - the whole "can't form romantic attachments" thing is the result of personal damage.[/quote']No need to apologize, there are lots of reasons to have problems with building relationships -- and there are lots of geuniune abusive losers out there who make that even harder.

Well, this is an awsome agument I am having.http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1362201-relz-oscuros-oblivion-overhaul-135-public-beta/page__st__60

Dremora fighting each other makes zero sense. If they don't see this, it's just another reason for why OOO isn't the lore expansion mod they claim it is.

In the continuing saga...1. You may, from time to time, have cause to ask yourself "FLAC to MP3. WMA to MP3. How hard could it be?" Not asking this question is probably better for you.2. Relatedly, you may from time to time say things like "Dear makers of concert bootlegs: Adding MP3 metadata. How hard could it be?" You're better off not asking this, either.3. Relatedly, you may, while browsing your iPod from time to time say things like "iTunes, OMGWTFLOL?" You're better off not saying this one either, but since iTunes doesn't deal with anything that didn't come off a CD very well, chances are this is a thing you will, in fact do if you have anything that didn't come off a CD.4. Circularly, you from time to time say things like "Dear iTunes: Natively handling FLAC and WMA. How hard could it be?" (Un)fortunately, you already know the answer to this one, which is that Mac software is dumb like that.However, on a marginally related note, the 2011 reissue of Gish has pretty fucking badass extras, so that's all cool.

Relatedly:Dear Free Open Source Software: Weren't you supposed to save me from having to run files through a poorly thought out GUI for a command line program only to turn right back around and run the output files through another odd and badly customizable GUI?Wait, no. That's what you do all the time. Sorry, my bad.

So, ok. My problem is that I need to convert a whole asston of FLAC stuff over to mp3 so I can get it into iTunes, right. Only I cannot for the life of me figure out a way to do that directly, hence the following process:1. For each folder full of files, create a subfolder called FLAC to avoid getting things mixed up.2. Fire up the FLAC frontend, which is the GUI for the command line bit, which converts everything over to WAV.3. Fire up CDex, which is older than dirt but does what I need it to do, which is convert all of that WAV into MP3.4. However, CDex's output dir is inexplicably buried in Program Files, so I have to keep a pair of Explorer windows open so I can dump all of the MP3 CDex generates back into the folder everything came out of originally.The whole work environment looks thusly.Later, and this is the superextrafuntimes part, I get to go through everything folder by folder in MP3tag and fix metadata on everything. This is because iTunes doesn't have a goddamned clue what to do with anything that DOESN'T have metadata, and so spews artists and albums all over goddamn creation. I have no fewer than 10 different Smashing Pumpkins groups in iTunes, for example, because iTunes sucks like that.For normal albums that come off CDs this isn't (much) of a problem, because iTunes knows how to automagically download that info, no work required. Since I have a pretty extensive collection of concert bootlegs and what have you, well, things get more awesome.This would all be a whole lot easier if iTunes read FLAC natively, of course, but hey, Apple.

Although, for the record, all of the various 1 click solutions seem to be $30, so, you know. It's inconvenient, but at least it's free.

Dremora fighting each other makes zero sense. If they don't see this' date=' it's just another reason for why OOO isn't the lore expansion mod they claim it is.[/quote']It was a great lore-expansion mod, and mostly still is but it appears that 1.35 has spent so long in development hell the developers have become a bit finicking the sense, "ooh, this is cool let's add it".Also, strictly speakings it's Dremora fighting other Deadra.

To be fair, don't the Aureals and Mazken in the Shivering Isles kill those Hungers chasing you back to New Sheoth? whistle.gif However, let's think outside the box a second. Summoned Daedra obey the commands of the mage who summoned them... and as the Dremora are sentient AND well versed in magic, one would think they would have developed a pacification spell for the lesser Daedra they wished to take under their wings as watchdogs. I mean, we can cast Command spells, why can't they?Having in-fighting OUTSIDE the keep, I can accept that. But INSIDE... why would the Dremora even let feral Daedra into such an important structure? That doesn't make any sense at all.EDIT: You know what, despite all of the neat stuff you can do in Morrowind with finding artifacts, learning lore, choosing your factions, enjoying the world, feeling good about finishing a long and difficult quest... I still think it's too simple. And it's all because of the die-roll game mechanics, which are punishing at low-levels and flat-out unfair (in the player's favor) at high levels. They're fun in tabletop games, but in electronic games... no.And by the way, Gaenor is the cheapest son-of-a-bitch I ever had the supreme pleasure of killing. :cool:

I remember.Morrowind also has the problem that because your success rate is so low at lower levels, you actually level faster as you reach higher levels. It took litterally hours of fighting and playing to get to level 2, but the gap between 23 and 24 was maybe an hour of hacking stuff with my claymore, taking hits on my armour and repairing my gear after fights.

How many Firefly fans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?A: None, they'd rather stand in the dark for ten years and bitch about how it went out.

The idle dialogue for Tribunal is hilarious."If I worked out, I'd look like that, too...""*belch.* Whew! Better lay off the mazte.""Good grief! Did she put starch in my shorts?" :lol:

Note: Do not fire up the CK with 450 test files sitting in your way. It will get angry with you.

So, now I see why Iliana might not want to hand off her mod, because you don't know who they will hand if off to. In the case of OOO someone who doesn't know the mod's factions relations as well as I do, apparently.

Good lord. I'm not a huge lore nut and certainly unqualified to speak to OOO specifics, but damn. You're now aware of why some of us don't like the people on the FCOM team. You can hammer them with cold hard facts all day if you want, they won't listen, and their attitude generally sucks ass.Also apparent where they pulled the old "we were here first" bullshit when someone asked about a patch for BC. Their lack of understanding of mod cleaning and "intentional dirty edits" leave a lot to be desired too. OOO uses an awful lot of bad practices that the team either doesn't know how to fix, or is too stubborn to fix for unknown reasons.Fortunately OBSE provides ways around their stubbornness and I've used it before to bypass the need to try and ask them to make changes to accommodate things people want to use.