Random Stuff

Arthmoor

I base my opinion of them on having played the debacle of a game that was NWN2. You may love them to death all you want, and feel they deserve worship and great love, but I feel they deserve death by fire for producing such a huge piece of shit game as NWN2. Which, btw, validated for me everything that had been said about this company prior to that game as well. So yeah, I'll continue to spout "cynical" comments about a company who seems incapable of producing anything worth touching with my money. I am certainly not alone in this opinion of them. Even plenty of NV players still feel the same way about them.Crashing isn't even the issue I was talking about. FO3 crashed rarely, if ever, for me even before any of the major patches came out. Skyrim STILL has yet to crash more than the initial batch right after launch that turned out to be driver issues. Other than stupid stuff I did via the CK like trying to test a city with missing navmeshes :PSo yeah, you guys can praise and worship them all you want, but I'm not buying their junk.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

That's your prerogative, of course.All I hope for is that at least some of their features (reputation, weapon mods, good companions) make it into Fallout 4.

And speaking of navmeshes, God dammit! I should have known the CK would pull this. Now I get to play "find the deleted forms and unfuck Whiterun". All the NPCs are standing around well outside of the city because I forgot to give editor IDs to all the vanilla forms the finalization process touched. Ugh.

Speaking as an NWN2 hater, New Vegas ain't even the same, at all. Something like 0% of NWN2's bullshit made it into NV.Which is to say, what Thomas just said.Speaking of New Vegas and that avatar: Does anybody actually use any headgear in that game that isn't the desperado cowboy hat? Or maybe the pre-war bonnet? Because I've seen a few LPs, and a lot of pics, and talked to a bunch of people, and it doesn't really seem like the rest of the headgear choices need to exist.

I like my riot gear headgear (yay night vision) and the weird halo head thing from old world blues. Or failing that, Boone's beret. Also, storms where you can hear the rain coming are really awesome.EDIT; re; storms; since I made this post I have just witnessed the largest flooding of the gully behind my house by a mile. It was cool.

I quite liked NWN2, until about the last twenty minutes, which is to say a tiny proportion of the game.Overall, I think Beth makes more idiotic design choices quantatively (lets get rid of all the stuff we made crap last game, instead of fixing it) but Obsideon seems to be prone to making absolute howlers. In KOTOR II they clearly ran out of time and bothced the ending (since fan fixed) but while I thought KOTOR I was a bit more original KOTORII had a few interesting characters, was a longer game with a, somewhat, for varied plot and I got a lot more "Jedi" out of the XP I worked to collect.Having said that, Alpha Protocol was apparently a hile of horse dung.Basically, a bunch of really talented guys who lack dicipline, like a teenage mod team.

Basically' date=' a bunch of really talented guys who lack dicipline, like a teenage mod team.[/quote']Yeah, totally this. Though, to be fair, it's amazing how much of this trope got actively subverted in New Vegas.On another note, since I'm pretty sure my current headache is attributable to this, let us suppose that you and other people are doing various sorts of work on the interior of an apartment, and that the bit you're doing involves installing fixtures in the bathroom. Let us also suppose that in the middle of this, you need to go help one of the other people with something else. Do you:A ) Calmly set down your tools and walk out;B ) Walk out, tools in hand;Assuming B, do you then:A ) Stick your tools in your pockets and continue on;B ) Rush back into the bathroom to set them down;Assuming B, do you then:A ) Turn around and walk calmly out;B ) Rapidly turn around and rush out, only to run full speed ahead into the narrow part of the door, which for some reason swung partly closed, knocking you senseless for a moment and causing you to swear like a sailor in front of your parents;I leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out which choices I made, and as a free hint, one of these decision trees hurts a great deal more than the others. The lump above my eye only hurts a little now, so that's nice.

If I had some sort of heavy or pointy tool I would attack the door with it, if not I would kick it until my foot hurt, screaming bloody murder all the while.The door would probably need replacing.

LOL

Not happy about the answer to the large worldspace bug though.

Can you say owned? :lol:

Even if it was a warning....

pwned.

I like GStaff's answer. Short, to the point, but not rude or anything. Clearly sends the message that the company has had enough of his crap. I can't blame them.Sorry to see that they're not going to address the worldspace bug, but I can sympathize with their position. Interfacing with Intel to get that fixed when it affects a very small minority of the consuming public for the title isn't something the bean counters can justify spending the money on.I know I'm not taking a popular position on this, but tell me. Just how many super-world mods ever made it to a complete state for either Morrowind OR Oblivion after all these years? You can probably count them on one hand. I know TheKarthian is hugely upset about this, and probably Morcroft and everyone else at DC, but there are still ways to create what you want without having to produce something that is threatened by this bug.The navmesh bug has no such viable workaround since .esm changes to the game are not picked up by the engine.BTW, though I get why everyone is doing it, I wouldn't for one second doubt that part of why they're not going to pursue it is because they're getting tired of everyone asking about it at every chance they get. Bethesda is NOT the kind of company that responds to deluge style tactics.

Good God. How can someone be so blindly ignorant to the way things actually work? I'm glad nobody takes the guy seriously in the larger community or there'd be hell to pay with his outright factual errors, like, oh, Bethesda games having no official load ordering support. He now KNOWS this to be false due to the inclusion of official load order handling in the launcher.

I like GStaff's answer. Short' date=' to the point, but not rude or anything. Clearly sends the message that the company has had enough of his crap. I can't blame them.

Sorry to see that they're not going to address the worldspace bug, but I can sympathize with their position. Interfacing with Intel to get that fixed when it affects a very small minority of the consuming public for the title isn't something the bean counters can justify spending the money on.

I know I'm not taking a popular position on this, but tell me. Just how many super-world mods ever made it to a complete state for either Morrowind OR Oblivion after all these years? You can probably count them on one hand. I know TheKarthian is hugely upset about this, and probably Morcroft and everyone else at DC, but there are still ways to create what you want without having to produce something that is threatened by this bug.

The navmesh bug has no such viable workaround since .esm changes to the game are not picked up by the engine.

BTW, though I get why everyone is doing it, I wouldn't for one second doubt that part of why they're not going to pursue it is because they're getting tired of everyone asking about it at every chance they get. Bethesda is NOT the kind of company that responds to deluge style tactics.[/quote']shadeMe is having a look to see if he can fix it. I'm trying to help, but I suspect my C++ skills won't be up to the task. I've asked the worldspace guys on DC to give us a week to see if we can come up with a fix. Even if we can't, morcroft is already figuring out how to work around the issue, so at least he's taking positive action. I think that Karthian guy just likes to bitch.

Good God. How can someone be so blindly ignorant to the way things actually work? I'm glad nobody takes the guy seriously in the larger community or there'd be hell to pay with his outright factual errors' date=' like, oh, Bethesda games having no official load ordering support. He now KNOWS this to be false due to the inclusion of official load order handling in the launcher.[/quote']You do go looking for trouble, don't you? :tongue: I couldn't even read that tripe. I hope nobody listens to him... *sigh*

Yeah. I saw that he's looking to try and fix it. Good on him I say. If it's an SKSE plugin file I don't think that's going to be that big of an issue since 99.9% of those interested in large worldspace mods (and I'm one of them) are going to be using SKSE anyway.Also, I don't think it's an unreasonable course of action to have someone go nudge the Havok guys into awareness of this issue either. Maybe they really don't know, and maybe Bethesda really is right that it's not something they can fix on their own.Nah, someone tipped me off about that new guide of his and I had to go look for myself to see what he was spouting this time. He's just regurgitating stuff I already covered in my novel on the blog about it. His complete lack of understanding of the way the game works hasn't change one bit in 4 years.

Good God. How can someone be so blindly ignorant to the way things actually work? I'm glad nobody takes the guy seriously in the larger community or there'd be hell to pay with his outright factual errors' date=' like, oh, Bethesda games having no official load ordering support. He now KNOWS this to be false due to the inclusion of official load order handling in the launcher.[/quote']I managed to read a whole two paragraphs of that trash. Drama Queen is delusional and psychotic.

Yeah. I saw that he's looking to try and fix it. Good on him I say. If it's an SKSE plugin file I don't think that's going to be that big of an issue since 99.9% of those interested in large worldspace mods (and I'm one of them) are going to be using SKSE anyway.

Also' date=' I don't think it's an unreasonable course of action to have someone go nudge the Havok guys into awareness of this issue either. Maybe they really don't know, and maybe Bethesda really is right that it's not something they can fix on their own.

Nah, someone tipped me off about that new guide of his and I had to go look for myself to see what he was spouting this time. He's just regurgitating stuff I already covered in my novel on the blog about it. His complete lack of understanding of the way the game works hasn't change one bit in 4 years.[/quote']At least the hundreds of thousands of people who do manage load order, use a Bashed Patch, and edit their mods through XXXXEdit understand that they are right and he is wrong. And if they don't and bring that shit up, it is explained to them very quickly that the guy has no credibility whatsoever in modding these games and that you should never listen to a word that comes out of his mouth.And if they persist, just let them know Bethesda has blacklisted the guy. That's almost guaranteed to set them straight.

Well, moving certainly continues to be fun. Hi legs~.Also, cable internet, how I missed you. Let us never be apart again.

At least the hundreds of thousands of people who do manage load order' date=' use a Bashed Patch, and edit their mods through XXXXEdit understand that they are right and he is wrong. And if they don't and bring that shit up, it is explained to them very quickly that the guy has no credibility whatsoever in modding these games and that you should never listen to a word that comes out of his mouth.

And if they persist, just let them know Bethesda has blacklisted the guy. That's almost guaranteed to set them straight.[/quote']Firstly, I think Giskard suffers from "Bloody Southerner" syndrome, if aflicts many in the North (think the Starks in GoT, but worse), is self inflicted and we should totally mock him for it.Secondly, the genius in his madness comes from being at least half right most of the time, and the other half being completely wrong.Conflicts and bad mods CAN dink your game, in my current Oblivion playthrough when I finally got to CRT I discovered a mod I have been using for years had rotated a door 15 degrees, and I fear that is now in my save game unless I make a mod that specifically disables it, and use that mod to repair it by doing a double clean save.On the other hand, if you know what's actually in your mod, you can amanage these issues.

My dad turned me on to this one.Anyone else think that Skyrim's main theme would not be out of place in Soviet Russia?@Sigurd Stormhand: Yes, he is right that conflicts can really screw up your game, but his proposed means of avoiding them is so out-of-this-world dumb that he cannot be possibly taken seriously by any modder worth his salt.The silver lining is that he is no longer allowed to spew his vomit on any of the major modding sites for TES, as he has been banned from BGSF and blacklisted on the Nexus. That pretty much makes him a nonentity.

Yes, conflicts can ruin your game. The problem is, his correctness ends with that statement and anyone who's played a modded game for more than 10 minutes knows that things like Wrye Bash actually work to resolve most conflicts. Obviously it can't fix a mod rotating a door improperly, but that could happen even if it was the only mod you had. His methods couldn't resolve that if they tried. Load doors stick to the save and even if all the mods you're playing with are gone, if it's a vanilla door, the damage is done. You can drop the mod though and use the console to rotate it back into place.Skyrim's main theme is pretty close to Norse music so yeah, it probably wouldn't be out of place in Russia.