Random Stuff

Arthmoor

Mmm...mentats.Kinda figured something like that was going to go down with Mobius, although it did so in a way that was slightly more WTF? than I thought it might.Main thing about the fetch quests and the exploration is that they did a really good job with giving you plenty of interesting tech and gear to scavange along the way, in I think every single of the 35 areas. That helped a lot.And yeah, whatever drugs the devs were on, that must've been some good shit.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Sigurð Stormhand

• AndalayBay

Speaking of mentats, that same friend who called the OWB gameworld a clusterfuck was roleplaying with a party time mentats addiction, but was struggling to find a source of them in the Mojave. So yeah, he was quite appreciative of Mobius's secret stash.Mobius actually seemed fairly pitiful to me. Poor guy, all rusted up and falling apart.I think the whole nature of the sink was pretty complimentary to fetch quest's because all the appliances are so awesome that it makes you pretty eager to find the rest. I was so temped to shoot Muggy so many times though.

Deathclaws: Not really joking. Yet kind of hilarious.And I'm pretty sure just about everyone gets WTFPWNED by that one deathclaw that spawns coming out of the trailer. I sure did. But come to find out the anti-material rifle with explosive ammo from sneak thinks deathclaws are cute. Tunnelers, OTOH...In other news:fnv_allachievements.jpgWhich is to say two things:Re: Playing as the Legion, yeah, I dunno. On the one hand, Caesar's backstory is really cool, and I got to cap President Kimball in the head with Maria, among other things, and the NCR deserved to get thrashed. So that's pretty great. On the other hand, the devs really, really don't expect you to go Legion, which means there's a whole lot less sidequest support, and multiple DLCs (notably Honest Hearts) don't make sense if you're Legion. That said, the sidequests that are there are really cool. I really liked doing the other side of Camp McCarran. Hoover Dam was pretty great as Legion, and for once I got to see the Boomers (much as I loathe them) do their thing.Re: Lonesome Road, yeah, I dunno about that either. Plus side: Super atmospheric, reminiscent of Fallout 3 except more hardcore and awesome. Excellent gameplay, and I loved hanging out with ED-E, because ED-E is awesome. Nukes are fun, and suck it NCR. Lots of really sweet exploration and ruin delving, and I really, really enjoyed playing it (twice, actually, since I accidentally skipped an achievement through needing to console out of a hole). On the down side, I guess Ulysses was cool and all, and I have a pretty good idea where he went and what he did, but I don't really understand the Divide plot or what he was accomplishing, nor do his motivations make any sense to me, nor do I have any idea why I needed to care other than "you're chasing this dude because." Apparently we have a history? Apparently I have a much more involved history? Couldn't figure out what that was, really. So I did the thing, but I'm not really clear on why.Fun, just really confusing.I'll probably blog some of this at some point, and add a few other thoughts about the DLC series, but I guess I'm done with New Vegas now, because how much New Vegas have I done? ALL the New Vegas. Probably time to go shoot terrorists or mod something.

Clarity isn't Ulysses strength, thats for sure (I think he is a bit insane). However, because I while back I figured I'd never play these DLC's, I went to the wiki and decided to read his story, so it actually made sense to me when I did it...mostly. I've still got no idea why he only wants to bomb the NCR though when he clearly thinks the legion will turn on itself once there is no-one left to fight.

The Legion thing makes sense insofar as he's still vaguely loyal to them (which may or may not come out more with a Legion character like me). Definitely insane though.

I must have gotten lucky because I didn't see any glitches in the fight. That said, wtf was he thinking giving you a bloody warhead detonator while he's sitting in a cavern full of undetonated warheads. Otho, the bit at the end where I had to sacrifice ED-E to stop the launch was touching. Alas poor ED-E, I knew him well.

Yeah, I totally nuked NCR. Robots > Humans.And there was a period of time there at the end where I had disabled the eyebots, killed Ulysses, and it wouldn't update. Dunno.

Okay guys, fair warning: any future plugins that Vurt may churn out, please make sure you check they be cleaned. I don't mean to sling mud like this, but when you get these results out of FNVEdit:[Removing "Identical to Master" records done] Processed Records: 9291 Removed Records: 356 Elapsed Time: 00:00[undeleting and Disabling References done] Processed Records: 8935 Undeleted Records: 3265 Elapsed Time: 00:02Then I feel it is reasonable for me to raise a few red flags.

I just love how Nexus claims "no more errors, ever" and yet this "bad gateway" shit has plagued them from the day they made the claim.

The upside; I get so spend two days playing NV.The downside; Minor surgery might be minor but it still fucking hurts.Still, it could be worse.

What did you do? :huh:
You remember that Kvatch dungeon I was building?I did my first beta run through it last night, no enemies, just a couple of traps and the environment.I got lost for a bit, then I found my way to the lower level (only because I built the place, I think), then I fell down a hole, got lost in the fetid and flooded tunnels and drowned.All in about 120 seconds.And the worst part was, even though I knew there was nothing there it was damn scary as well!On the other hand, that was exactly what I was going for.

This is what I love about the FNV community on Bethsoft forums.About halfway down the page someone makes a post arguing that FNV is a poor RPG. I don't particularly agree with their reasoning, but that's not really what I find interesting. The first two responders take that time to explain why they disagree but then...then they start getting a bit narkier...(particularly over on the next page)Which is ironic because the post that set them off has the line 'Before some here jump all over me...'. Apparently this poor person doesn't know who's they're dealing with.

I'm still flabbergasted that anyone thinks Obsidian is a decent company at producing anything but bug infested messes.

I'm still flabbergasted that anyone thinks Obsidian is a decent company at producing anything but bug infested messes.
You sell them short saying that. Apart from the world (which is very bland)' date=' New Vegas is a much better game than Fallout 3. And quite enjoyable now that Obsidian got most of the bugs ironed out.I also find it a bit hypocritical for you to say that, as well, when you could say the exact same thing about Bethesda. [img']http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/whistle.gif[/img]

You sell them short saying that. Apart from the world (which is very bland)' date=' New Vegas is a much better game than Fallout 3.[/quote']Very much this, though F:NV makes up pretty well for the lack of ruin exploration via having about a zillion quests and things to do.Also, boy do I not agree with the OP in prettyfly's link.Which is all to say, don't knock it until you've tried it.

I do love the way the fanatic there react though. Quoting back and forth with videos of Bender laughing, then stopping laughing when he realizes that person he was laughing at was serious, then saying he'll laugh harder.

You sell them short saying that.
Nope' date=' not even close. They deserve every bit of ire the world can muster up against them. They're a shit company. Probably the only ones I know of who can produce buggy messes worse than Bethesda's buggy messes.
I also find it a bit hypocritical for you to say that, as well, when you could say the exact same thing about Bethesda.
You assumed I thought Bethesda produced gaming gold, free of bugs? Not sure how calling Obsidian out implied I was exempting Bethesda from the same ire. The only thing Bethesda has going for them right now is they're finally stepping up to fix the things people have been on them about forever.As far as the content being better than FO3, that appears to be entirely a matter of opinion. One I can't comment on, and probably never will be able to until the game is being given away. Obsidian's reputation for producing pure shit isn't helping one bit though.

Until you actually play the game, I really cannot take anything you have to say about Obsidian seriously. Going on hearsay, I would do the same, but the reality is the game actually crashes less than Fallout 3 for me and now that the major patches have come out almost all of the major issues have been resolved. Not once did I get a single broken quest on my first playthrough, and I have yet to get one now on my second playthrough, as well.So if you want to keep spouting cynical comments about Obsidian, feel free. Just don't expect me to listen to you, as Obsidian has earned my respect and if they get a second chance at a Fallout game, I will want them to take it.That's all I can say. :ninja: