[WIPz:Oblivion] Bruma Guild Reconstructed

Arthmoor

Ah yes, forgot about OCC and OCR :grinning:Have mages leave the guildhall? Oh nooooo! Careful, we might not be able to handle the shock :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Dwip

• Hana

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for better or worse.... it's up. Anyone interested, give it a go. If it's all good, I'll go forth and release to the masses. It's in BOSS btw, so no load order issues to worry about there :)

Nope. Depending on how far along you are, it'll either be at the stage where the fires are out or at the stage that would have cleared the rubble.

Hoping silence means it's all good? :P Or are there really so few people who have done the guild quests?

I haven't had a chance to get up to Bruma yet. I'll take a trip up there as soon as I close the Skingrad gate. That will give me a chance to test Battle of Bruma too. :grinning:It will be interesting because I've been holding off on doing the Silorn quest (where you meet Falcar again). So Traven is still alive but won't be much longer.

Well, ok. I got tired of screaming "Reload, 47! For the love of Christ, reload!" so I checked it early."Hey, Raminus, dawg. I'm the Arch-Mage, and I want my guildhall rebuilt, dig?""We'll get right on that!"Travel to Bruma to see if it just shows up or what.*INFERNO*Guess not. Well, we'll wait a day. Surely they'll put the fires out soon.*INFERNO*Ok, maybe a couple more days, but that's kinda strange. I should say something.*INFERNO*How long is this going to take, anyway? I'll finish waiting out a few weeks."The guildhall has been fully reconstructed and new staff hired!"Great, I should check it out.*INFERNO*Which is to say that something went wrong somewhere along the line, and I'm walking into the flaming version non-stop. Only thing I can think of is that my OCC version is fairly old (3.5.3). That or the whole mod is FUBAR, which seems less likely.

Uh. Well shit. See, this is why I didn't go full public yet. Yes, it's because your OCC is old, but I can work around that easily enough. The door's formID should be the same as in the current version. Basically the new door you're supposed to get didn't appear. So once that's fixed, it will, and you won't even need to reverse progress on it because it will just show up like nothing happened.You do need to wait a few days regardless, once you've asked about it being reconstructed. I didn't want it to just go *poof* and be done cause that's lame. It's unfortunate that we can't simulate stuff showing up in bits and pieces and/or being slowly built up over time.

Working very nicely for me. It just doesn't like you Dwip :grinning:The first two screenies are really dark - intended because they weren't before!Foyer 1Foyer 2 (this is of the bookcase that was blocking the left side of the hall)Downstairs - I like the upside down bed - was it like that before?I haven't spoken to Traven or Raminus yet. But I did A Plot Revealed a long time ago.

Yep, dark indeed, but not entirely unwelcome IMO. With the fires out, there's no more light. Not using All Natural I take it?No, the upsidedown bed wasn't like that before.I'm assuming then that since the rubble is still there, you're not the Arch-Mage yet?

Yes, I'm using All Natural. That third screenshot was with night-eye active. I use kuertee's night-eye shader, so it isn't that horrid blue.No I'm not Arch-Mage yet. I've got the Ambush quest to do and then Confront the King. Do I need to speak to Traven or Raminus to get the clean-up started? I guess I could just wait and then order Raminus to do it once I'm Arch-Mage, right? Let me know if there's a specific path you want me to take and I can test it for you.

Hit up Traven, I already know Raminus' part works.Odd that it's so dark then unless you're there at night, which would make sense. It doesn't look to me like that night-eye shader is working.

Will do.Oh, yes, it's at night. I only had the shader active for the third shot. It just takes the ambient light and brightens it a bit, so you can still tell where the shadows are. It works really well actually and I really like it.

Updated. Should fix Dwip's issue with the city filenames not being recognized.

Dear Honmund: Stop parking your damn horse in the street. Nobody wants that.So, good news and bad news here.Good news: It more or less works.Bad news: The less parts of more or less are fairly heavily on the less side.- Door outside isn't being adequately dealt with. Both the OCC and the BGR doors are existing on top of each other. I was able to sneak in after figuring out one of the door handles was offset, but...- Chandelier in the main room is probably a tad too bright - everyone was glowing.- The weights for the scale in the alchemy room flew off the scale for some reason.- Make a run through the upstairs bedroom for strange objects. The table planter was knocked over as if it had fallen, and the other one's floating. There are two Welkynds stacked impossibly that need fixing.Don't think there are missing objects other than that.- You couldn't take the time to clone a battlemage and give him a name? Really?- First rumor I got was for Faregyl, second for Feldscar. Heh.- These people could really use a bit more to say. "Hi, I'm Jim Bob the Enchanter, and wow, necromancy sucks!" would be nice. Maybe "Holy shit, Arch-Mage! It's an honor! Thanks for rebuilding our guild!" &c.- I see that you added an Ayleid statue to spite me. However, no Dean. At least we get an Argonian.

You do need to wait a few days regardless' date=' once you've asked about it being reconstructed. I didn't want it to just go *poof* and be done cause that's lame. It's unfortunate that we can't simulate stuff showing up in bits and pieces and/or being slowly built up over time.[/quote']But of course you can, given those new inventions, parenting to disabled/enabled XMarkers and quest stages. Speaking of which, is it really supposed to go straight from *BLAZING INFERNO* to random furniture sitting in place? No in-between rubble stage? Also, I didn't really check, but do the fires go out naturally on their own in like a day, or am I going to have to hunt down Raminus Polinus every time?

Um. Hmm. Doors. Yep, I hates them. You see now why I wanted to do this using OBSE door teleport redirections rather than having to pull this crap. But maybe it's just hanging a tad to close to the OCC door. The OCR one works fine, I haven't even thought to check the one in vanillaland.Irony. The chandelier in the main room is way on the dark side to me. No idea why either, even with AN support for the climate things never turn nuclear.Not much I can do about the weights - they don't fly off the pads no matter what I do with them. Havok is not your friend.The two welkynd stones isn't a fault of this mod. If you'll look in the CS, you'll see I placed one singular stone. There's some kind of a bug in the script AN-RL is using to deal with stone swapping which is causing a duplicate to appear.Table planter did fall. Probably because I forgot to ground it along with the table and everything else on it.He's a generic imperial battlemage, who respawns, and is basically there as muscle to protect the place. I didn't figure it appropriate to give a name to a respawnable NPC. Might just get rid of him though since he actually attacks the members if I start a brawl in there, which is just plain dumb.Good ol rumor system. Always giving priority to the wrong things....The occupants weren't intended to be particularly chatty beyond what everyone else in every other hall says. The main thrust was to be rid of the ever burning fires. Also yes, I added an Ayleid statue specifically to annoy you :PYes, the fires will go out on their own once MG14Plot ends. There is a rubble stage which also resolves on its own. Think of it as the city clearing the building out for reoccupation. When you talk to Traven/Raminus you start the next period which will put furniture in after a few days, then the recruits show up later. You probably missed the rubble phase while the doors were acting up.And no thanks, I am not about to individually parent 10 thousand items and have 3000 stages in the quest to have each piece meticulously pop in over time.

- First rumor I got was for Faregyl' date=' second for Feldscar. Heh.- These people could really use a bit more to say. "Hi, I'm Jim Bob the Enchanter, and wow, necromancy sucks!" would be nice. Maybe "Holy shit, Arch-Mage! It's an honor! Thanks for rebuilding our guild!" &c.[/quote']Those Faregyl rumours are insidious!You're just as bad as Amadaun. She keeps wanting to have "Sithis is back... and he's pissed" as a byline for our mod, but I'm not sure Beth would be too happy :lol:

The two welkynd stones isn't a fault of this mod. If you'll look in the CS' date=' you'll see I placed one singular stone. There's some kind of a bug in the script AN-RL is using to deal with stone swapping which is causing a duplicate to appear.[/quote']I had a similar issue with the chandelier in Nerastarel's house. I created a duplicate of the original and then parented the original to an xmarker which gets disabled. This got rid of the one that AN-RL wanted to place in there since the AN-RL one wasn't lit, which didn't work for me.
And no thanks, I am not about to individually parent 10 thousand items and have 3000 stages in the quest to have each piece meticulously pop in over time.
Chicken... :P

Anyway, another one up. All that junk on the table fixed, the battlemage guy is gone, OCC door should be accessible now. Checked vanillaland and it looks good too, so this otta be it other than nitpicky dialogue I don't really care to deal with.

Haven't had a chance to talk to Traven yet, but I ran through the guildhall again. This time all the rubble is gone.I noticed that there's a backwards bookcase in the little storage room behind the front desk.

Yeah, there's a backwards bookcase in the room to the right as you come in. Also, that planter on the shelf upstairs is still floating, which is either havok or whatever.Door works.Frostcrag teleporter teleports me to the raging inferno. Immediately walking out the door and walking back in gives me non-rubble bare furnishings. No rubble stage at all.Nitpicky intro dialogue really would help, but your milage clearly varies.