[WIPz:Oblivion] Bruma Guild Reconstructed

Arthmoor

Also, why am I suddenly struck with the urge to do something about the ever-burning fires of the destroyed Bruma mage guild? Oh wait, I know, cause I teleported in there without thinking and the place is still fully involved. Selections to fix this on Nexus just don't seen all that well done either.
Right. So I tried to split, and was greeted with some kind of shitty ass error, thus losing most of the posts on this topic entirely. God dammit. Anyway...Eternal fires of Bruma, your days are numbered. The guildhall will be reconstructed at last.This is going to be relatively simple and came about because I teleported down to Bruma from Frostcrag and remembered the damn thing was still blazing away once I got there. The hell Bethesda, why?So there will now be a staged transition from the burning hall to one that's been restored. First, the fires will go out. Then some days later, the rubble and bodies will be cleared away. Then new stuff will be moved in. Finally new NPCs enabled to populate it. All of this will take place automatically and without you needing to do anything. You can keep tabs on progress with Raminus Polus if you want.No, there will be no reformed necromancers as was mentioned in the randomness thread (which is now butchered, thanks QSFP). J'skar was briefly considered for the guildmaster post there, but his dialogue indicates he'd rather not come back, so he'll be left to the horror of his disabledness. I'll try and make sure missing spells which should be taught there are brought back.The destroyed cell is being used for the renovations so as to avoid further compatibility issues caused by using another set of cells. So yeah, it's also about halfway done already. Simple = good.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• AndalayBay

• Dwip

• Hana

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool idea. Glad I never did the MG quest line if I would have ended up with that forever.

Those were my thoughts regarding J'skar as well, which I partially mentioned in the other thread. I thought you might be able to have him help some way in the restoration, as a tribute to his friend Volanaro, but I always had the impression he wouldn't be able to return to the guild hall. Mind you, Beth never intended to rebuild it, so I don't think it's outside the realm to have him eventually return. But I never felt his character was leader material. As bad as Frasoric was in magic, she certainly had the politics down!So yep, looking forward to this.And another board error... hmmm... Can you pm me the error? I won't be able to look at it for quite a while, but I'll tuck it away. Also tell me what you were trying to do.

Nah, his dialogue makes it pretty clear he's not coming back. I don't really know why Bethesda disables him, he could have just stayed behind at the AU instead. You're never told why he just seems to disappear for good at that point.Not even sure I could tell you what the issue was now. I tried to split material off from the randomness thread, which appeared to work. Realized I'd accidentally opened a second thread on top of it, so I deleted that, and the next thing I know BOTH threads vanished. There was also a nice white screen (need to check logs) which means something in PHP got pissed for some reason. And of course since the split material had already been moved, the posts involved vanished along with it.

He's just too upset - probably returns to Elsweyr.Re. site software: sounds like it's more of an error capture issue. It should have warned you when you tried to delete the new thread that got created. I know when I've tried to move stuff on IP Board, there are some forums that don't allow posts at the root level, but you can't tell when it gives you the forum list. Fortunately an error pops up warning you that the forum doesn't allow threads to be posted and gives you the opportunity to cancel the action (otherwise the topic gets permanently deleted).

PHP Fatal error: Cannot use object of type mysqli_result as array in lib/forumutils.php on line 228
Probably not good I'm sure. The URL that referred it was a delete command, which makes sense. I guess whatever the fault is here is what botched everything.Running into a massive annoyance here. The fires that burn on the ground floor WILL NOT GO SILENT when disabled - or oddly enough when straight up deleted either. You get this eternal roaring flame sound regardless. Always on the ground floor, where the large flame would be that's supposed to burn the bookcase. The CS shows no hidden sound activators, and I even changed all the flames out to silent versions of their former selves which did absolutely no good. Does not compute.

Have you tried the compile all trick with a non CSE CS? :PI have heard of others having that problem when trying to fix Bruma. I think in most cases they wound up creating a duplicate cell and trying to re-route everything to that. But that causes issues too with all the teleporters and stuff.I think that PHP error would be easy to fix. Basically MySQL is simply passing back it's usual array and the forumutils isn't set up to accept an array.

Well interestingly enough the issue disappears with just Oblivion.esm and the restoration mod loaded. Implying that it's a mod at fault. Oh, the fun of blind bug hunting!

Son of a bitch. It's the cell itself, has to be. After dropping an ungodly number of the same kinds of fires into the fighters guild, verifying they're loud as hell if on, I went back after tying them all to the disable object. Not a hint of fire sound once those had disabled.

Nope. Turns out, deleted items can still generate their sound from their last known coordinates. Undelete + disable completely silenced the fires.Now back to getting this thing finished after the panic alarm :P

:lol: Glad you got it sorted. So if you did the delete in the CS and then cleaned your mod with TES4Edit, which would then do the disable thing, would that silence the fires? I'd like to know in case I need to do something like that.

Yes, that appears to be all that was needed. Pretty strange that I've never run into this before. I usually leave stuff deleted while working because it gets in the way if you have to do a drag-select. Now, that said, it may NOT be fixed at all, but with the fires all now set to -30000Z they couldn't be heard if you wanted to.

:headbang:One pitfall which remains. Loading a save while inside the destroyed hall revives the fire noises until you leave again. God damn I hate this game sometimes. I REALLY don't want to have to deal with moving all this shit into a new cell :/

I've given up bothering to try. I can't identify a cause for it. Everything in the PHP that governs page breaks looks fine. Honestly, if I had the money to pay for it, I'd just go buy an IP.Board license and toss QSFP onto the junk heap of history. Most of what's wrong with it is in code that's just too convoluted to understand without investing ridiculous amounts of time into it.

How much does IP.Board cost? Just curious.Edit: Info more readily available than I thought. $150 plus $25/6 mth optional support renewal.

Exactly, and I'd need two site licenses for it.None of the free packages out there like phpBB3 or SMF have the file support that I consider necessary. Not much point in having a modding (or mudding either) site without file support.

Curses! Thwarted by SetDoorTeleport not working with NPCs. Delays, delays.

Yeah we can track your progress with this by looking at the bug reports in the OBSE thread :lol: TheNiceOne just ran into an issue too, so Scruggsy is going to be busy, as usual :)That might tie into the activate bug though. Scruggsy thought he would have a fix out for that already, but I guess RL has intervened.

Well unfrotunately the problem now runs deeper. Going to have to give up and go with the far less elegant (but working) solution of multiple doors instead. I hate having to do shit like that but I'm left with no choice. SetDoorTeleport has such potential, but alas, if NPCs won't use the doors, it's absolutely worthless.Also, in case anyone is interested, faking the behavior with an AI pack that does a moveto after completion DOES NOT WORK. The NPC goes nowhere and then resumes the usual "duh, my path is blocked" nonsense.

So that I didn't need to have 3 different doors in the interior and exterior to handle entry from Vanilla, OCC, and OCR. Since the command doesn't function properly though, I was left with no choice but to do that. I wasn't about to have to craft patches for stuff over one lousy cell that wouldn't cooperate because of fire sound.I wanted the NPCs to leave the hall once in awhile to go eat and appear to be normal instead of recluses :PRerouting the doors was a much cleaner setup because that way I only need one door inside, and can do GetFormFromMod calls to determine which ones to set active. I wouldn't have had to bother with even that much if the fire thing hadn't blown up in my face.