[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Arthmoor

Redownload from AFK Mods instead of Nexus ( possible cached old file and still feeding that to people ) ..

Problem solved

Yep. Likely a downside to the CDN being the default now. Sometimes that takes time to propagate new uploads that happen in a short amount of time.

Replacement files for Nexus should now be up. Again, sorry about the mess, was rather hoping the Nexus CDN would work it out on its own but it looks like the programmers will need to get in touch with the CDN administrators and see what's what.

• 1 month later...

First off let me just say thanks for all the hard work you've done for the community.

Now for my issue.  I'm having a problem with a quest not starting (it's been documented up on the UESP page for the question by someone else) but I thought I'd post it here since I haven't seen it / haven't found a fix.  When the quest "Dawnguard" finishes, the next quest "Awakening" is supposed to start, but it hasn't.  I didn't notice it at first, but after about 24hrs real time, when I went to go do the quest, it wasn't in my log book.  Sure enough, it had never started.  After fiddling around with old save files, console commands, mods, and whatnot I still cannot start the quest.  I have a series of save files from before, during, and after the bug.  Here are the steps I've done:

• Disabled all mods except for Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm
  • Disabled all mods except for Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esm, Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
  • Uninstalled Skyrim, reinstalled Skyrim Legendary Edition
  • Spawned Tolran (two different npc versions) at the entrance of Dimhollow
  • Followed quest stages using console commands (incidently, the quest completed at stage 180, continued to stage 200 after Isran continued talking to Tolran)
  • Used setstage console commands to advance to stage 180 of Dawnguard
  • Used setstage console commands to set Awakening to stage 10 prior to starting Dawnguard, after starting but before completing Dawnguard, and after completing Dawnguard
    • FYI console commands would not let me set Awakening to higher than 0.  Any time I set the stage, getstage would give me stage 0
  • Extracted all the scripts from dawnguard.esm, placed them within the primary Scripts folder
  • Tried all of the above at the same time

If anyone has any suggestions, would like to see any number of save files I have (disabling mods simply gives me naked bald appearance), of anything, I could use all the help I can get.  Thanks a lot guys.

P.S. I'm including the link to the UESP where the quest bug has been recorded / mentioned just as reference.  Thanks.  http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dawnguard_(quest)

The only way we've ever confirmed a problem with getting Awakening to start is if someone kills Aegmar when entering Dayspring Canyon for the first time. He's required for the quest scene that starts the DLC. If he's dead, that can't happen, and the entire quest chain for the DLC will collapse.

This is an issue the UDGP fixed in the last couple of versions so it should no longer be presenting an issue unless the guy died somehow before you arrived.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Agmaer was most certainly alive (went through his conversation several times).  He's there waiting for me Dayspring, does his whole spiel, so that doesn't seem like it would be the source of my problem.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Let me add this extra information:

I can walk up through and complete the "Join the Dawnguard" quest perfectly fine.  Everyone is where they are supposed to be, everyone says what they're supposed to say.  For some reason the next quest just never starts.

• 3 weeks later...

UDGP 2.0.8 is released. First post has the details. There will be no beta period for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

USKP/UDGP/UHFP/UDBP beta 2.0.9 releases are up. Please make sure if you are going to be testing that you test with ALL of the files relevant to your game. Failure to do so will break things due to dependent fixes that had to be carried over into the DLC patches.

We anticipate this beta run to last 1-2 weeks, mainly for the USKP itself, depending on whether or not anything weird comes up.

USKP + UDGP beta files have been updated to address a missing property error for the Gallows Rock and Drifshade Sanctuary fixes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi

i found a problem

after the harkon been defeated

garan marethi come inside cathedral and dosen't speak to serana about harkon

Hello,

Seems like the bugfix which was introduced in patch 1.2:

Getting sent to Arcwind Point will no longer cause the word wall quest to stick in the journal. The location marker property had not been set on the trigger. (Bug #4515) (BGS Support #9652)

Doesnt work for me, the quest is not as marked as done, the shout on the wall keeps shinning - how can I solve this? I'm using lates version of patch downloaded from nexusmods 2.1.0.

Are you sure you don't have something overriding it later in your load order? That fix has been well tested and verified since it was first added.

Version 2.1.1 of the UDGP is out. First post has the details.

Fix what issue? There's nothing wrong with the two load orders you posted. The official game launcher never shows you Skyrim.esm or Update.esm. The game will always load those in the first and second slots no matter what.

The issue about the Arcwind Point shout quest?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Arcwind_Point

Unofficial patches 2.1.1 installed, plus a few more mods but nothing that touches anything to do with Arcwind Point

I was in the area so went through it :

NsPNIXZ.jpg

kKf9hvn.jpg

mS3sYpj.jpg

V2iEkKk.jpg

60ONlMA.jpg

9iTnok0.jpg

Killed the Dragon, the Skeletons, the Draugr, got the shout, got the skill book, area marked as clear. Seems to be working fine here.

Questions :

1. Are you trying to continue an old game which you have had going since before you installed the unofficial patch with the fix ?

2. What is the version of the game you have ? ( Press Esc, it should be 1.9.32.0.8 )

VT5164x.jpg

( Maybe in a different menu for SKYUI, I dont know I dont use it )

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure I see how that's something we could do. There's no file and it's just a description with steps on a script to eliminate using the save cleaner.

Well right, I admit it isn't much to go on. However is there any grounds to look at the script if it's causing such issues? I have never seen them myself though.