[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Arthmoor

hi unofficial dawnguard patch have bug on dawnguard armor and dawnguard weapons their power against vampire has been remove please fix this bug

Which Dawnguard weapons and armor are you referring to specifically? Are you sure this issue isn't being caused by a mod that you're using?

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood what was being asked.

Only the description has been removed, the power is still there. The description was replaced by a loading screen. Because of this change you can now enchant the armor.

The unofficial patches do come with an exhaustive patchlog. You did not read it. Plaese fix this before spreading false information

Quest: DLC1RH03 (Preemptive Strike)

From the UESP:

Upon entering the target dungeon, the quest will instantly complete. If you go through to find the vampire you were supposed to kill, you will find it already dead.

This happened to me at Gallows Rock. I'm assuming it has to do with faction settings between the Silver Hand bandits and the "master vampire", because the bandits seem to have killed the vampire almost instantly upon entering the dungeon. I'm not sure if this is something that can (and should) be fixed or not. If anyone has any input on this "issue" that would be great and if necessary I can make a tracker report for it later.

• 2 weeks later...

UDGP beta 2.0.3 is up. Second post has the details.

FYI - if you see a message saying Auriel's Bow was added, that's expected. One of the fixes is cycling its effect on the player and the message is a side effect of that.

Hoping that experienced testers will also try out today's weapon racks during beta. Fixes a few problems with disappearing weapons and staves, and should have better support for crossbows. Also some visual cleanups mentioned in various recent messages, such as scimitars crossing properly.

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/3669-overhauling-the-weapon-rack-scripts/?p=150642

From the beta changelog :

Several instances of a broken dialogue conditioning script have been replaced which should allow Serana's "mental model" to update properly as the player talks to her throughout the game. It's quite possible that this may result in significant differences in Serana's intended reactions since the broken scripts left part of her character development untouched. (Bug #14966) [NR]

From Arthmoor's comment in TracDown :

This was a rather extensive retrofit of what the broken script was attempting to do. The DLC1DoOnce script was improperly being cast through the master Form script, which resulted in the variables it was controlling not being updated at all.

With the corrections made, these variable will now update as originally intended, which may have a significant impact on Serana's relationship with the player.

The variables effectively track her "emotional state" as the quest line progresses.

Wow, this fix seems pretty exciting, thank you ! Please, a few questions if you don't mind :

• In practice, does that only change the dialogues between Serana and the player ?
  • Does that uncover new lines of dialogues never heard before ?
  • According to uesp, if you want to cure Serana's vampirism at the end of the Dawnguard's questline, you have to be really careful to what you say during early conversations with Serana, because if you make one "wrong" answer she will forever refuse the cure. Does this fix change that ?
  • Marriage, maybe ?  :P

Depending to how huge are the changes, I will decide or not to start a new game for the umpteenth time, since this fix is unfortunately non-retroactive. 687 hours in the game and I never finished the main quest, nor Dawnguard, nor touched to Dragonborn...  :rolleyes:

687 hours in the game and I never finished the main quest, nor Dawnguard, nor touched to Dragonborn...  :rolleyes:

Just started a new game myself. 781 hours in the game, and I've never finished the main quest, nor Dawnguard, nor touched Dragonborn... Of course, there are hundreds of hours in the Creation Kit, but that doesn't show up on my main menu. UPDATE: 1449 hours in CK -- almost twice as much as actual game time, and even a bit longer than my entire undergraduate research project.

Unfortunately Shroob discovered elsewhere that the stuff we fixed isn't being used at all, which is a shame, but we'll be leaving the fixed material in place anyway.

Unfortunately Shroob discovered elsewhere that the stuff we fixed isn't being used at all, which is a shame, but we'll be leaving the fixed material in place anyway.

Oh ok, so if I understand you correctly this fix doesn't change anything, even on a new game. Well, I will go on with my current game then.

Maybe some stuff would be usable for a "Cutting Room Floor - Dawnguard edition" ?  :P

Correct, to a point. The fix does correct the adjustment of the intended axis values (it's complicated) but those changes don't translate into new dialogue as is implied by her script. Plus it appears there are no further adjustments made once you reach the Soul Cairn. Not sure if that means they intended for her relationship to be solidified at that point or if they just never got around to adding more modifiers.

*IF* there is additional optional dialogue that's in the game and is only blocked due to bad condition checks, we'll unlock those for the UDGP.

If it requires more than fixing bad condition checks, it'll need to become part of a CRF Dawnguard instead.

Either way, if no audio has been recorded for any of it, it won't happen. Serana's voice is unique and attempting to splice stuff for her would probably end in failure.

Correct, to a point. The fix does correct the adjustment of the intended axis values (it's complicated) but those changes don't translate into new dialogue as is implied by her script. Plus it appears there are no further adjustments made once you reach the Soul Cairn. Not sure if that means they intended for her relationship to be solidified at that point or if they just never got around to adding more modifiers.

*IF* there is additional optional dialogue that's in the game and is only blocked due to bad condition checks, we'll unlock those for the UDGP.

If it requires more than fixing bad condition checks, it'll need to become part of a CRF Dawnguard instead.

Either way, if no audio has been recorded for any of it, it won't happen. Serana's voice is unique and attempting to splice stuff for her would probably end in failure.

Well, allow me to clarify.

In many cases, the new dialogues are recorded, but placed under lines with no conditions; in general, they are "nicer" variants of existing lines (for example, responding "Are you saying you want to learn more about me?" elicits a flirty response rather than a wry one). In a lot of cases, though, there are lines that just seem to be derivatives, and I would be happy to just splice all her variant lines together into one response per situation.

In that case, lines with no conditions indicate unfinished work so it would be more appropriate for CRF - Dawnguard. When such a thing exists. I'd have to go over the lists and see what all could go into something like that.

Version 2.0.3 is now live. If you downloaded the beta, that hasn't changed other than spellcheck errors in the version history. Enjoy!

Hooray for fixes simple enough that they don't need fixing in beta....

Am curious about the Serana scripts, "Unfortunately Shroob discovered elsewhere", where was this discussed?

It was discussed in chat. He looked through the dialogue and determined that none of it has had any effort to set up for that. So while the script fix was a fix, it's a fix that was ultimately of no actual value.

It can become the basis for restoring the content (if the audio exists) in a CRF module for Dawnguard at some point.

It can become the basis for restoring the content (if the audio exists) in a CRF module for Dawnguard at some point.

Spooky coincidence, someone just released on Nexus a mod which restores Serana's unused content...  :huh:

Serana Dialogue Edit by ThatGuyYeah

Spooky coincidence, someone just released on Nexus a mod which restores Serana's unused content...  :huh:

Serana Dialogue Edit by ThatGuyYeah

Spooky enough, I am coming here to actually talk about an issue that I am running into with my game.

I am running into a serious bug with the Dawnguard questline where I cannot get Chasing Echoes to start at all. I am pretty much trying to build new save states for both games to fuether expand on the said mod. What ends up happening is that once Prophet questline ends, Seeking Disclosure will start off and Chasing Echoes will be completely ignored. This happens in both the Vampire and Dawnguard side and I really don't know why this is happening. I tried using the unofficial patches to no avail (thinking that it might have been a major oversight with Bethseda). I am using the Anthology edition of Skyrim so I will probably uninstall the mod and do a clean install through Steam's version of the game instead. Oddly enough, 360 version of my game runs just fine. From what I can see in the console, it looks like the Seeking Disclosure is trying to overtake the Chasing Echoes questline as the next quest to continue instead of running concurrently (This is evident when my console command was saying that Seeking Disclosure was DLC1VQ04). I really don't know why this is happening but I can only assume I just have a bad Skyrim Disc that is causing this. I am hoping someone here would shed light on why this is happening. Resolved.

As far as what you guys were talking about, I can pretty much relay what was already said that the dialogue was pretty much scrapped for some reason or another and the dialogue was pretty much had no barring on anything. Based on the script notes that I read, it seemed there was supposed to be some relationship mechanic that got scrapped (especially some notes saying some of her dialogue that was unused was supposed to be flirty or show how much your opinion matters to her). I could be dead wrong, but that is how it looked to me and I am just basing it on the script notes. Other dialogue that did scrapped was based on if the player actually went to Dimhollow Crypt before starting the Dawnguard Questline and Serana commenting on how the player just stumbled in there. But that was scrapped as going in the Cavern before starting the questline will just block it off. It's kind of interesting to me all the stuff they left in her dialogue files.

The mod I am planning on building on (Alpha Phase) was going to use that unused dialogue and expand/'improve' on her dialogue some more, with some input from people on what they want. Honestly, it is a simple mod, but figured some people would like it.

Sorry for the long winded post, I was planning on asking if anyone had any idea about my bug and saw someone mention what I was planning on doing, lol.

• 1 month later...

hi

the game have bug with vampires poison resistance

when i drink poison or take poison, i take damage

please can u fix this bug?

• 3 weeks later...

Beta for 2.0.4 is up. Second post has the details. I don't anticipate this needing more than a few days to check due to the small number of fixes. Fortunately the DLCs seem to be drying up as far as what's left to fix so it's starting to lean toward the more minor stuff like placements and text.

I would like to report that Bug #6670 (Aetherial Crown is temperable) has at some point been reintroduced by the fix being completely removed from UDGP. Running UDGP 2.0.3 currently and I can temper my Aetherial Crown.

Looking at my entire load order inside TES5Edit, there are absolutely no overrides to FormID XX00575A (DLC1LD_AetherialCrown), which means UDGP is not in any way affecting the Aetherial Crown.

EDIT: Derp, I'm an idiot. Forgot that tempering is handled by constructible object recipes (which are being overridden correctly). Going to test this a bit more throughly. My bad.

EDIT2: Confirmed Aetherial Crown being temperable running only USKP 2.0.4 and UDGP 2.0.3 (as far as I'm aware) with the recommended load order, tested inside a vanilla environment by going straight to qasmoke via console from the main menu (no save file shenanigans hopefully). Whatever the cause is behind this, bug 6670 is still present.

Edited by Dalewyn

• 2 weeks later...

Concerning bug #15136:

Does it mean that a vampire player will not be able to trade with the Dawnguard members even after charming them with Harmony or Calm illusion spells?