[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Arthmoor

Not quite, unless by "vampire player" you mean one who has joined the Volkihar. Dawnguard members should not trade with someone who is their sworn enemy.

Well, I was referring to a known trick where, during "Destroying the Dawnguard" Volkihar quest, vampire player is able to calm aggressive Dawnguard members with illusion spells. It then allows the player to trade with the Dawnguard, hire Trolls etc. by manipulating their minds, keeping them alive for as long as they remain useful :)

Not that immersion-breaking if you asked me, since it would mean finishing the questline with Vampire Hunters as your slaves.

Besides, after the effect wears off, they want to "kill you with fire" as before ^^

Hm, the prospect of getting around their hate by deceitful use of illusion sound like a nice feature though. Is there some lore reason why the dawnguard should be immune or too strong to be influenced that way?

I don't think that there are any lore or logic reasons for them to be immune other that being of too high level. Some dawnguard members may carry Potions of Cure Disease so they are only protected against the disease, not hypnotic, illusion or Bend Will attacks. It's also logical that any quest-based items like Crossbows and new Bolt types are unavailable but if powerful Illusion spells like Harmony keep them from attacking, why wouldn't they be able to trade with you since, apparently, they do not recognise you as an enemy?

After all, Volkihar are known to seamlessly blend into society, and I think that utilizing their Illusion skills is a fairly good explanation ;)

My point is not adding any additional features but simply not closing that option completely, especially that all of the Dawnguard members are present only during the final quest :)

• 2 weeks later...

Exploding crossbow bolts are still recoverable within enemy corpses.  Is there a way to make it so that they are not?  Perhaps a dynamically attached script that removes the bolts on death.

If it is not UDGP material perhaps as a standalone mod....

We've already set the only flag the CK has for that sort of thing. Attaching scripts would be as much of a problem for this as it turned into for the ash pile remover, and I think it would likely require SKSE anyway.

We've already set the only flag the CK has for that sort of thing. Attaching scripts would be as much of a problem for this as it turned into for the ash pile remover, and I think it would likely require SKSE anyway.

I just noticed I have a mod that overwrites the UDGP's settings on that for the dwarven bolts.  The steel bolts are not touched by the UDGP and the Dawnguard.esm indicates that they too have the "can be picked up" flag.

I'll make a local patch for that mod and see if that corrects the issue.

EDIT:  Didn't affect the bolts that appear in the enemies corpse.  But at least now I know I won't stumble across any on the ground that were misfired.  :P

• 2 weeks later...

'DLC1Dialog_DLC1DialogueHun_0001300E_1' (in DLC1DialogueHunterFollowerDismissTopic) doesn't appear to have audio linked to it. I doubt this is something that can be addressed (if it doesn't exist in the game), but wanted to mention it just in case somebody is aware of something that I'm not.

UDGP 2.0.5 is released. First post has the details. No beta run, the change set was small enough to be tested completely on our own.

The Lost to the Ages quest is still bugged for it. It won't start, I downloaded Unofficial Dawnguard with original file, and used Loot to load mod order. I talked to Katria, read the book, and tried console command, nothing is working.

• 2 weeks later...

Lost to the ages is indeed still bugged. For me, ifs the old glowing shard issue. Console commands to try to advance the quest do not work. For me, the shard is Arknthamz is glowing-and I am unable to identify the shard and claim the treasure. Thus, Katria just stands there saying "Dont just stand there". What likely fubared the quest is picking up the 1st aetherium shard from Dwarven Storeroom, before reading the book. In any event, none of the console commands seem sufficient to get the quest back on track. I have already advanced it (in console to stage 160, but without the third shard-the quest is effectively stalled. Restoring to earlier save is out of the question.

What likely fubared the quest is picking up the 1st aetherium shard from Dwarven Storeroom, before reading the book. In any event, none of the console commands seem sufficient to get the quest back on track.

Yes, picking up one of the shards before reading the book has been known to glitch the quest. There's probably not a way to fix this (although someone else may know better than me), since you mentioned that you don't have an earlier save. With Elder Scrolls games, keeping a reasonable amount of backup saves is essential in case something does go wrong.

Also, as a general rule, it is a good idea not to use console commands to attempt to advance or fix a quest despite what wiki sites such as the UESP suggest. From my experience, this often times will make things worse. Reverting to a previous save is much safer (assuming you are able to keep backups).

Why can't the shards be initially disabled and enabled only after the quest has started?  Seems like that would resolve the issue.

Why can't the shards be initially disabled and enabled only after the quest has started?  Seems like that would resolve the issue.

Good point. That sounds like a good idea, assuming it hasn't been done already in the UDGP and it is possible to do so.

@Ishara, After I made my comment, I considered for a time a possible fix, and that is exactly what I came up with myself. I can think of two possible fixes for this game-breaking bug.

-One, would be place a copy of the Aetherium Quest book in the torture chamber during the UNBOUND Quest. -Simple, easy to implement 'workaround' that could be implemented with little fanfare.

-Two. Rejig the quest so that the Shards @ Storeroom and Dark Water Xing, do NOT spawn until the book is read-and maybe the other 2 hard to get ones for good measure, but Its safe to say 99% of people will get tripped up by the 2 'easy' books and almost no one by the 2 buried ones. From a programming\techincal POV, i cant say how if its hard, easy or impossible to make changes like that to L2TA. I know the game is capable of supporting triggered spawn items. If any quest needs it, its this one.

Fix #one, at least, has the virtue of being dead simple. Or better yet, stick a copy in the noobie gear chests@unbound.-along with a custom note saying

READ THE BOOK IN THIS CHEST,(dont ask why-just read it and dont worry!)

Or something to that effect.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.I have a slight problem.I don't know if it's from the unofficial patches but i tried all sorts of things and i just can't solve it.So,here is the problem.Outside the Dawnguard fort there are some unfinished textures,wall,starting and finishing very weird..and they are blocking my way on the road there..i tried to find a fix on internet,but it seems that i am the only one with this problem.I don't know how detail this problem more..how

Hello.I have a slight problem.I don't know if it's from the unofficial patches but i tried all sorts of things and i just can't solve it.So,here is the problem.Outside the Dawnguard fort there are some unfinished textures,wall,starting and finishing very weird..and they are blocking my way on the road there..i tried to find a fix on internet,but it seems that i am the only one with this problem.I don't know how detail this problem more..how

You should attach a screenshot to every post like this. It's difficult to imagine what are you looking at.

It could be anything from corrupted Skyrim data through a mod conflict to buggy graphic drivers.

One thing is for sure - this is not caused by the unofficial patches.

I would theorize you downloaded crap ton of mods and simply installed all of them without checking for possible conflicts.

but i have only one mod that alters dawnguard fort,i unnistalled and those are still there..none my other mods alters dawnguard.but if i unnistall all of them,they dissapear.and everything is going very well ingame.i have just this little problem with those textures that annoy me.and believe me.i double checked everytime the compatibility of a mod.there is a chance that an unnistalled mod to have its files still in data folder and make those textures?

Solved the problem.It seems there is something with the hunters hideaway-a dawnguard player home mod,which conflicts with another mod ,or itself causes that problem.

UDGP 2.0.6 is released. Due to the small size of the changelog, there was no need for a beta period.

• 1 month later...

Version 2.0.7 of the UDGP has been released, OP has the details. There will be no beta period for this.

Please note that the locations for the changelogs have changed. The link in the OP has been updated.

Ugh. Apologies to anyone who has downloaded this mod prior to this post.

The corrupted files were caused by an internal testing version of Wrye Bash that was saving a subrecord it shouldn't have been, while at the same time masking the error being present. The package has been checked with Bash 305 to make sure the error is gone.

Redownloaded the one uploaded at 0:08

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp: Unexpected subrecord: 'TES4.SCRN'
Error loading 'TES4' record and/or subrecord: 00000000
  eid = u'<<NO EID>>'
  subrecord = 'SCRN'
  subrecord size = 4
  file pos = 1494

Wrye Bash 305 still moaning here