[RELz/WIPz] Unofficial Dawnguard Patch

Arthmoor

I think most people doesn't care if there is two versions of USKP.  One with translated string files without compressed BSA on Nexus, DC and here.  The other version is what's today only on Steam.

Except *I* care because that means having to maintain two distribution files for it, which isn't going to happen. Using string files requires the ESP to be modified for those to work, and that alone introduces too much of a difference to justify it. It needs to remain consistent across distribution sites. So Steam is going to dictate how the UP project files get distributed for the foreseeable future.

I understand.  Well I just wanted to present some alternatives and if that's possible then I'm sure that you have figure it out of how to include the string files with a compressed BSA in USKP.

• 2 weeks later...

UDGP beta 1.2.1 is up. See second post for details.

I doubt I need to caution about this, but just in case. DO NOT USE 1.2.1 with game version 1.8. You will regret it six ways to Sunday and back.

That said, if you're on the 1.9 beta now, you should be using the 1.2.1 beta. If you have the other DLCs as well, grab the betas for them too. Make damn sure your load order is good or things are going to get messy fast.

Translators, the DLC patches will be needing their string files as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.2.1 is now live.

Note that German and Italian translation updates WERE NOT PROVIDED so support for those languages will not be working correctly. We had no choice. This update had to go out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Version 1.2.2 is up for beta now. Second post has the details.

Version 1.2.2 is now live. All went smoothly.

Sounds like you need to update your game then. I'm pretty sure that was addressed with an official patch.

What do you mean Update my Game, do you mean through Steam, because i did and i still cant enter the Castle.

Must i now Replay the Entire Game just because i cant enter the Castle.

By the way, all links to Patch Notes are dead, can you fix that please

Very possibly, yes. You know as well as anyone that Skyrim bakes data into the save. If Castle Volkihar broke for you, then you need to start a new game. There's no issue with it for the vast majority of people who are playing Dawnguard, and for a significant number of people who did have issues, Patch 1.8 fixed those in November.

Nothing we can do about that, nor should we, because it isn't our responsibility to fix things induced by mod heavy load orders (I've seen yours before, it's big).

Which links to what patch notes are dead?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The ArmorAddon (ARMA) records for the Bone Hawk Ring and Bone Hawk Amulet do not have 'DefaultRace' selected along with the other races so these items will not be visible on custom races or standalone NPCs/followers.  I don't know to what extent the UDGP considers mod compatibility as a priority, but this seems to me like it would be a rather benign edit.  Are there any disadvantages to adding DefaultRace to these records?

I've opened a ticket for that and 'DefaultRace' will be added to Bone Hawk items on next UDGP update.

• 3 weeks later...

Beta for 1.2.4 is up. Second post has the details.

Be advised that you should make sure you have USKP 1.3.3c installed since this UDGP update requires the keywords from the lvlpredator script to be available for the 3 placed record fixes. Otherwise you'll get log spam at best because it'll whine about the stuff being missing.

( Why didn't anyone tell me the old beta announcement for 1.2.3 was still up there! :P )

Thanks. Lots of shiny new fixes.

I was hoping you saw my latest tracker entry for dawnguard though, before starting the beta. Dawnguard shields have the wrong bash damage and potentially a wrong condition check. It is in the same perk, you akready touched for the matching set fix.

Have the dead bodies of the Volkihar vampires, should you side with the Dawnguard, ever cleaned up for anyone?

I went back to Volkihar castle like in-game months after I last went there, and ALL the bodies of the Volkihar vampires are there.

Also, that armored frost troll that the dawnguard uses on thier assault was just sitting outside the castle........