WrinklyNinja

[RELz] LOOT - Load Order Optimisation Tool

I just updated Keld-Nar and at the same time also removed the Keld-Nar - Trade and Barter Patch then I ran LOOT.

After checking my loadorder I notice that LOOT always place the AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp after the Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp, which should be the opposite when using the RDO-AFT 1.66 patch.

In WB the master for the RDO-AFT 1.66 patch is the AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp before the Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp, but why does LOOT place them in the wrong order.

Anyway, I wanted to check the result for the bashed patch, so I clicked on the Mod Checker button and got an error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\balt.pyo", line 414, in <lambda>
  File "bash\basher\app_buttons.pyo", line 729, in Execute
  File "bash\basher\frames.pyo", line 412, in __init__
  File "bash\basher\frames.pyo", line 454, in CheckMods
  File "bash\bosh\mods_metadata.pyo", line 399, in checkMods
  File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 1255, in __getitem__
KeyError: bolt.Path(u'Keld-Nar - Trade and Barter Patch.esp')

Has anyone else seen a marked decrease in performance for LOOT in the last update? I waited for some time to see if someone else reported something similar, yet it has been ~3 months and I haven't seen other mentions, so I'm starting to believe there's something that is happening to me only.

Before last update, LOOT operations were quicker by a margin of several seconds. With this last version (0.16 from August), sorting the load order takes ~7 to 15 seconds, and saving the results takes ~6 seconds. In the past saving used to be almost instant, and that's something that definitely changed with last version.

My main Skyrim SE install is on a hard disk, and almost new hard disk that's also almost empty, but my saves and load order folder (i.e. the AppData\Local\Skyrim* folder) are located on an SSD. My install is around ~500 mods atm. but it didn't increase at all since several months, so it was the same back when I was using the previous version. No MO2 nor Vortex at play, my install is handled with Wrye Bash only.

Is no biggie and in no way is something that makes the tool unusable, just wondering what could be going on.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I'm on Windows 7 64 bits, and I don't have antivirus that could be interfering (just Win defender, but with the real time scan part turned off.) Also, my comp is a bit old (from 2013) but as I said, the previous version was markedly faster.

Best wishes,

Leandro.

On 11/13/2020 at 7:58 AM, Leeux said:

Has anyone else seen a marked decrease in performance for LOOT in the last update? I waited for some time to see if someone else reported something similar, yet it has been ~3 months and I haven't seen other mentions, so I'm starting to believe there's something that is happening to me only.

Before last update, LOOT operations were quicker by a margin of several seconds. With this last version (0.16 from August), sorting the load order takes ~7 to 15 seconds, and saving the results takes ~6 seconds. In the past saving used to be almost instant, and that's something that definitely changed with last version.

My main Skyrim SE install is on a hard disk, and almost new hard disk that's also almost empty, but my saves and load order folder (i.e. the AppData\Local\Skyrim* folder) are located on an SSD. My install is around ~500 mods atm. but it didn't increase at all since several months, so it was the same back when I was using the previous version. No MO2 nor Vortex at play, my install is handled with Wrye Bash only.

Is no biggie and in no way is something that makes the tool unusable, just wondering what could be going on.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I'm on Windows 7 64 bits, and I don't have antivirus that could be interfering (just Win defender, but with the real time scan part turned off.) Also, my comp is a bit old (from 2013) but as I said, the previous version was markedly faster.

Best wishes,

Leandro.

I don't know about sorting, but nothing about saving a load order has changed. LOOT basically just passes the load order to save down to libloadorder, and that hasn't been updated since v0.14.4. It definitely shouldn't be taking seconds... If you go back to v0.15.1, how long do sorting and saving take?

EDIT: Someone else reporting far worse sort times (7 minutes!) still only sees applying the load order take 0.2 seconds.

17 hours ago, WrinklyNinja said:

It definitely shouldn't be taking seconds... If you go back to v0.15.1, how long do sorting and saving take?

Heya Wrinkly! If I can, gonna try that tomorrow and report back! Yeah, the sorting is kinda understandable that takes a bit of time with 500 mods which are approx. half ESL and half not, and that part hasn't worsened much, i.e. it's somewhat noticeable slower but not a whole lot... the thing that has worsened a lot is saving the load order and that's what makes me think that's something going on.

On 11/13/2020 at 8:58 AM, Leeux said:

EDIT: Forgot to add, I'm on Windows 7 64 bits, and I don't have antivirus that could be interfering (just Win defender, but with the real time scan part turned off.)

Hmm, I dunno about Windows Defender, but I too use Windows 7 64-bits and the antivirus I use is Panda Dome.  Have you tried to use antivirus instead of Windows Defender, just to see if Windows Defender does something or not?