[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

I'm still running with cleaned masters using the latest SSEEdit, and feeling confident enough to start a new Manual Cleaning Masters topic for SE.

Started a new game with USSEP, re-timestamped the masters due to the recent official bug, and then cleaned them pretty much the same as the old Skyrim guide with a few differences in results

I am also jumping around the world spaces trying to replicate all the problems people are moaning about USSEP being a cause of problems .. And finding no problems so disproving those claims, and at the same time traversing as much of the game as possible to try and shake something loose, and monitoring papyrus logs

Eventually I will get through all the quests ( or the majority of them ) so practically I reckon I am on track for proving the cleaning to be a good practice.

Its going to take time, but thats one of my current play throughs objectives.

Animation bug is still there (Oblivion). When merge anims from esp to esm all anims order records are broken, so anims tree become a mess...

Please fix this issue.

Animation bug is still there (Oblivion). When merge anims from esp to esm all anims order records are broken, so anims tree become a mess...

Please fix this issue.

xEdit doesn't have merging capabilities, there is nothing to fix.

Not sure if I've had posted this before.

Anyway, I run TES5Edit 3.1.3 for SLE and I got this warning when loaded my mod into TES5Edit.  Is it harmless?

[00:02] Background Loader: [skyrim.esm] Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "HAZD"

How do you compile xEdit with the new zlib? I'm getting an error that Zlibex.dcu cannot be found.

edit: Copying Zlibex.pas to the project root solved the problem. Strange. I don't think the XE project file been updated with the new Zlib folder path. Prior to copying Zlibex.pas to the project root, trying to open Zlibex.pas in the project navigation menu produces an error that Zlibex.pas could not be found in the project root.

aside: Sweet! Just configured Git to ignore my own Debug configuration for xEdit, and changed the Debug output path to bin\Debug. I also have post-build events that copy TES5Edit.exe to all of the other filenames, so I can keep all of them up-to-date almost automagically. No more editing TES5Edit.dproj every time I go to build from the latest commit, and no more manually renaming the binary! I have all of my repos, TES5Edit, and Wrye Bash in SourceTree now, too. I wasn't using a Git client in the past, but I've become very familiar with Git and SourceTree over the last five months. #ApplyingNewKnowledge. I recommend using a client if you're not already.

Hello.  This is Spoony.

I was told this is a good place to report a false positive or an error that the current version 3.1.3 is reporting for a particular professional mod USLEEP and it's current version.

This is the scenario that I will explain.  I currently have a fresh install of Skyrim Legendary Edition from steam.  Upon completion of the fresh install I have cleaned my masters; update, dawnguard, hearthfires, and dragonborn.  I then make the necessary installs and updates to make Merge Plugins Standalone work which mostly deals with papyrus  I then install SKSE.  I then installed the current version of USLEEP.  I ran both Merge Plugins Standalone and the current version of xEdit.  USLEEP is reporting an error that comes up in both xEdit and MPS.  I have spoken with Arthmoor and he said this error isn't an error.  This is the error that comes up:

00:18] DLC1RedwaterDenLocation "Redwater Den" [LCTN:02004D6F]
[00:18] LCTN \ ACEP - Actor Cell Enable Point \ #6 \ Ref -> Found a PLYR reference, expected: ACHR,PARW,PBAR,PBEA,PCON,PFLA,PGRE,PHZD,PMIS,REFR

I looked into xEdit to where the exact spot of the error occurs and this is the spot:

[REFR:000CE5FA] (places TreasBanditChest "Chest" [CONT:0003AC21] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of POIFallForest05 [CELL:0000BC34] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 33,-19))
[Player 00000014]

LCTN is pretty much a black box of undecoded data that doesn't really matter since it is being merged at runtime, and you can't even edit it in the official editor.

So, I have ESP A and ESP B. I need to mirror into ESP A a lot of records of ESP B, for the most part it's new perks, meaning that they are brand new records which do not exist in the game ESMs. So, I'll just have to copy them as new records. Problem is, they are either linked to each other through CK conditions or linked to vanilla perks through the "next perk" function.

How do I go about properly importing everything without destroying ESP A in the process? :P

So, I have ESP A and ESP B. I need to mirror into ESP A a lot of records of ESP B, for the most part it's new perks, meaning that they are brand new records which do not exist in the game ESMs. So, I'll just have to copy them as new records. Problem is, they are either linked to each other through CK conditions or linked to vanilla perks through the "next perk" function.

How do I go about properly importing everything without destroying ESP A in the process? :P

When I want to copy a lot of new records from one plugin to another that are referencing each other, I do the following (having read zilav's response, I guess this process is somewhat unconventional, but I've never had any problems that I can remember), rather than confuse myself with A and B (or B and A), I'll use Source.esp and Dest.esp

(Any edits you make to Source.esp should be discarded after all this – either just don't save it, or restore it from a backup.)

Load Source.esp and Dest.esp into xEdit, with Source.esp after Dest.esp in load order, add Dest.esp as a master of Source.esp.

Starting with the records to be copied in Source.esp that don't reference anything else (the end of the reference branches as it were) change the first two digits of the form ids to the index of Dest.esp so that they become injected records, and allow xEdit to automatically update any other records in Source.esp that reference the records you're renumbering each time, do the same with all the records you want to copy.

You should end up with Source.esp having a load of records injected into Dest.esp that all correctly reference each other. Now just copy those injected records as overrides into Dest.esp and it should "Just Work™", they should cease to only be injected records and become ITM overrides that exist in both plugins. Don't forget to also copy as overrides any vanilla records from Source.esp that are also referencing the new ones (xEdit should have prompted you to automatically update those too).

Close xEdit and save just Dest.esp, discarding any changes made to Source.esp.

It all seems rather overly complicated now that I've written it down, but I've done it quite a few times, and changing a load of links / references by hand seems like more (and riskier) work, YMMV.

This is called merging. Yes you can merge plugins in xEdit and can even use Merge Plugins script from Mator to fully automate the process, but what you are asked for (copying as new with links) is impossible.

So DynDOLODSE is obviously very much on the cards .. Thats probably the only thing now anyone could wish for to improve the vanilla SSE setup, its already superb on performance, I reckon stability is going to prove to be the best of the Elder Scrolls series ( had no problems at all since it was released ), and it already goes a whole lot better in the LOD department than Old Skyrim used to ...

.. Cant wait for the icing on the cake :).

My first stab at renaming SSEEdit.exe to SSELODGen.exe .. and using it

Using Simply Bigger Trees SE, and its vanilla Billboards ( ensured its .txt files installed aswell as the .dds files )

IysohoB.png

IQMYlk7.jpg

G55UsKa.jpg

uFjsaGa.jpg

Took about ten mins to generate but the results made me smile :)

Considering everything this does, for the user its simply magical

Generate, go play, say "oooh"

It's about time I start using SSELODGen and do as I always do when managing mods in Oblivion.  Thanks for posting the picture alt3rn1ty. :)

Also, I assume the SSELODGen can be re-named to TES5LODGen, just as the old TES4LODGen is for Oblivion.