[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Hello everybody, still need your help with some filter scripts for Oblivion.

Need to filter all disabled records with XESP Player & flag "Set Enable State to Opposite of Parent"

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this means anything or not but I did a "build reference info" on Fallout4.esm and got back some unexpected output:

[00:00] Building reference information for [00] Fallout4.esm
Error: record CLFM contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord CTDA 41445443
Error: record CLFM contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord CTDA 41445443
Errors were found in: HairColor32_DLC04Pink "Pink Dye" [CLFM:0024A058]
Contained subrecords: EDID FULL CNAM FNAM CTDA CTDA
Errors were found in: HairColor31_DLC04RedViolet "Red Violet Dye" [CLFM:0024A057]
Errors were found in: HairColor30_DLC04Red "Red Dye" [CLFM:0024A056]
Errors were found in: HairColor29_DLC04Orange "Orange Dye" [CLFM:0024A055]
Errors were found in: HairColor28_DLC04LightPink "Light Pink Dye" [CLFM:0024A054]
Errors were found in: HairColor27_DLC04YellowGreen "Yellow Green Dye" [CLFM:0024A053]
Errors were found in: HairColor26_DLC04Green "Green Dye" [CLFM:0024A052]
Errors were found in: HairColor25_DLC04BlueGreen "Blue Green Dye" [CLFM:0024A051]
Errors were found in: HairColor24_DLC04Blue "Blue Dye" [CLFM:0024A050]
Errors were found in: HairColor23_DLC04Purple "Purple Dye" [CLFM:0024A04E]
[02:13] Building reference information for [00] Fallout4.exe
[02:13] All done!

No errors for me. Those records have conditions and they are parsed correctly by xEdit.

Edit: I forgot about some newer commits and that xEdit build on nexus doesn't have them yet. Will update it soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be (or is it already) possible to "release" a mod that is loaded into TES5Edit, so that when using FCF/HLP in-game we don't have to close TES5Edit in order for the game to load the updated version after saving?

Would it be (or is it already) possible to "release" a mod that is loaded into TES5Edit, so that when using FCF/HLP in-game we don't have to close TES5Edit in order for the game to load the updated version after saving?

Load a copy of your mod in xEdit (but not the original mod), make changes, press F5, save over the original, repeat.

If anyone wanted to play with xEdit source code, there is a time limited offer of free Delphi version available right now. Judging by features, it should be able to build xEdit.

Wow ! Any idea if this is a permanent license or if it'll get shutdown after some times ? (couldn't find infos on this page)

Probably going to give it a go next weekend, I'll tell you if it can actually compile xEdit or not :) 

I don't know, but in terms they mentioned that "This offer does not include any upgrade subscription". It has no sense to mention that if you are going to invalidate license after some time, it looks more like "get it now but without any support".

However Embarcadero is known for shady marketing (releasing bug fixing update as a new version every six months and asking for a full price), even Microsoft from Balmer's era are kids in comparison.

You can effectively compile xEdit with the starter edition, but you have to jump through some hoops, because there is not a command line compiler with this version.

Read DelphiD24 in the current default branch. I can't write a manual and it needs troubleshooting. But ultimately, it can work. I did it a few month ago.

When I load up Enderal, I see a lot of string errors like "<Error: Unknown lstring ID 000052BC>." I can't recall how to resolve these errors. What do I do?

When I load up Enderal, I see a lot of string errors like "<Error: Unknown lstring ID 000052BC>." I can't recall how to resolve these errors. What do I do?

xEdit couldn't load strings files named as

https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/blob/sharlikran-fo4dump/wbLocalization.pas#L492

Either a wrong language id, or they are in BSA archive not loaded in xEdit for some reason. I don't have Enderal to test.

Enderal's strings are loose, and I'm seeing strange stuff. I'm looking at a book, for example.

_00E_NQ40_Page02 "<Error: Unknown lstring ID 00007ED9>" [bOOK:00073364]

• FULL: <Error: Unknown lstring ID 00007ED9> is the book text. This String record is in DLSTRINGS.
  • DESC: <Error: Unknown lstring ID 00007ED8> is the book name. This String record is in STRINGS.

Enderal's master files are named Skyrim.esm and Update.esm. Their strings files use the same names as base Skyrim's strings files.

Does xEdit have any special handling for base Skyrim's strings? Maybe there's an internal conflict of some sort?

Does xEdit have any special handling for base Skyrim's strings? Maybe there's an internal conflict of some sort?

Nope, code is the same for the game master, DLCs and custom mods. Works fine so far for both Skyrim and Fallout 4.

When I try to run the latest build through MO, I get the following error:

Application name must contain FNV, FO3, FO4, TES4 or TES5 to select game.

Those string errors only seem to turn up with their version of Update.esm and not the Skyrim.esm master itself. I've never seen one in the main file up to this point.

When I try to run the latest build through MO, I get the following error:

Application name must contain FNV, FO3, FO4, TES4 or TES5 to select game.

We (I mean guys who update xEdit atm) don't support MO, neither of us use it. Maybe another MO bug, who knows.

We (I mean guys who update xEdit atm) don't support MO, neither of us use it. Maybe another MO bug, who knows.

This commit seems to be the culprit.

1. I compiled the previous build, tested with MO v2.0.7 (Beta 3), and xEdit loaded correctly.
  2. I compiled the latest build, tested with MO v2.0.7 (Beta 3), and encountered the error message.
  3. I compiled the latest build, tested with MO v1.3.11 (Stable), and encountered the error message.
  4. I compiled the latest build with that commit undone, tested with MO v2.0.7 (Beta 3), and xEdit loaded correctly.
  5. I compiled the latest build with that commit undone, tested with MO v1.3.11 (Stable), and xEdit loaded correctly.

edit: Added a few more test cases.

Those string errors only seem to turn up with their version of Update.esm and not the Skyrim.esm master itself. I've never seen one in the main file up to this point.

Check out 01E_Kampfitems [LVLI:000028E6] without Update.esm loaded.

edit: Looks like they screwed something up between 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.2.7 because I'm not seeing the issue in <=1.1.1.1. I reported it.