[WIPz] TES5Edit

zilav

Yep, it is still those ..

xEdit is SSEEdit, TES5Edit, TES4Edit, FO3Edit, FO4Edit, FNVEdit, TES4LODGen, FO3LODGen, FNVLODGen, TES5LODGen, MasterUpdate, MasterRestore, etc.

Plus TESDump and a few others I cant remember, and now SSELODGen has been added to the accomplished line up of superb tools all in one exe

Edit : struck thru tesdump

Edited previous post, thanks HLP

@ Zilav - Does SSELODGen have a command line option to set the Output Path ?

So that all files can be bundled into one folder outside of data, for easy packaging into for example a BAIN installer / uninstaller

And if so can it also be used in the icon "path to the exe" -outputpath

Edited previous post, thanks HLP

@ Zilav - Does SSELODGen have a command line option to set the Output Path ?

So that all files can be bundled into one folder outside of data, for easy packaging into for example a BAIN installer / uninstaller

And if so can it also be used in the icon "path to the exe" -outputpath

-O:DataLODGen\

All generated files will be in "DataLODGen" directory where executable (xLODGen.exe) is located.

EDIT

Remember that before starting xLODGen to first create a directory. (DataLODGen)

:) Thank you and congratulations on the RelZ of 3.2

I think I am going to start cleaning FO4 masters and get back into that game for a while, looks like its probably done as far as official updates are concerned now

Don't count FO4 out just yet for official updates. They haven't packaged a GOTY version yet. Which means they may still have more in the pipeline.

I'm hoping they do, I know there are issues remaining which are seriously hindering the modding community, I've just got my Bah Humbug pessimistic head on again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@zilav:

Using Add() on QUST\Objectives\Objective\Targets throws an assertion because Add() fails. (Assertion failure (E:\projects\xedit\wbImplementation.pas, line 13485))

I've also tried ElementAssign() with HighInteger and LowInteger to add the Targets element, but these silently fail.

How do I add the Targets element? Targets is an RStruct, so AFAIK, Add() should work but does not.

8 hours ago, fireundubh said:

@zilav:

Using Add() on QUST\Objectives\Objective\Targets throws an assertion because Add() fails. (Assertion failure (E:\projects\xedit\wbImplementation.pas, line 13485))

I've also tried ElementAssign() with HighInteger and LowInteger to add the Targets element, but these silently fail.

How do I add the Targets element? Targets is an RStruct, so AFAIK, Add() should work but does not.

You probably provided wrong arguments. I copied as override FFDiamondCity03 "Botany Class" [QUST:0002125F], removed Targets from the first Objective and applied script, works fine (Targets is an element at index 3 inside that struct, you already asked a similar question some time ago on GitHub).

unit userscript;

function Process(e: IInterface): Integer;
var
  t: IInterface;
begin
  t := ElementByPath(e, 'Objectives\Objective');
  ElementAssign(t, 3, nil, False);
end;

end.

17 hours ago, zilav said:

You probably provided wrong arguments. I copied as override FFDiamondCity03 "Botany Class" [QUST:0002125F], removed Targets from the first Objective and applied script, works fine (Targets is an element at index 3 inside that struct, you already asked a similar question some time ago on GitHub).

Thank you. That worked. I vaguely remember asking a similar question, but I didn't remember where.

• 3 weeks later...
On 05.02.2017 at 6:11 PM, fireundubh said:

@zilav and @hlp: I haven't seen any commits to the main repo since December/3.2, but in case you're interested (and still active?), I've made some commits to a fork.

There is almost nothing to update, xEdit is complete as it can ever be right now.

• 2 weeks later...

How would you write a decider that returns IwbEnum for use in wbInteger()?

For example, the CTDA\Run On element needs to use a different wbEnum for certain functions, such as IsLeftUp (Idle Animations).

I'm not really sure how callbacks work for wbInteger(), so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to change the enum based on the edit value of CTDA\Function.

8 hours ago, fireundubh said:

How would you write a decider that returns IwbEnum for use in wbInteger()?

For example, the CTDA\Run On element needs to use a different wbEnum for certain functions, such as IsLeftUp (Idle Animations).

I'm not really sure how callbacks work for wbInteger(), so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to change the enum based on the edit value of CTDA\Function.

When the same field has different meanings depending on some other values, it should be wbUnion.

Check how Parameters 1 and 2 in CTDA switch their meaning depending on the Function field.

1 hour ago, zilav said:

When the same field has different meanings depending on some other values, it should be wbUnion.

Check how Parameters 1 and 2 in CTDA switch their meaning depending on the Function field.

Thank you! That helped a lot.

So, I've created a new TMemIniFile setting for a checkbox. It is set correctly in the file when the checkbox is ticked and unticked. I've monitored the file to verify.

But the moment that TfrmMain is closed, the setting in the file (along with its new section) is removed from the file, as though the changes were temporary and the file was reset to its previous state.

Any idea what's up?

edit 1: Looks like the settings file is reset when Settings.UpdateFile runs in TfrmMain.FormClose.

edit 2: Reinitializing the settings file at that point solved my problem. I guess what was happening is that TfrmMain.DoInit was running before TfrmFileSelect.FormCreate, so TMemIniFile.Create in TfrmMain.DoInit was creating a copy of the original before modifications were made by the checkbox in TfrmFileSelect, and that copy was effectively being restored in TfrmMain.FormClose.

On 17.02.2017 at 0:04 PM, fireundubh said:

Thank you! That helped a lot.

Finally found time to check that (FNV GECK + PowerUp), and I don't see anything new for those condition functions, no parameters and no changes in Run On list. Where did you get that information?

oWzJcYf.png

On 2/22/2017 at 1:24 AM, zilav said:

Finally found time to check that (FNV GECK + PowerUp), and I don't see anything new for those condition functions, no parameters and no changes in Run On list. Where did you get that information?

oWzJcYf.png

In the GECK, the unique Run On objects for idle animation functions are used only in Gameplay>Idle Animations. I used SysExporter to extract the ComboBox values.

You can run Check for Errors on NVDLC02 with an earlier version of xEdit to find an error message referring to, if I remember correctly, [20].

2017-02-23 15_51_18.png

2017-02-23 15_53_35.png

7 hours ago, fireundubh said:

In the GECK, the unique Run On objects for idle animation functions are used only in Gameplay>Idle Animations. I used SysExporter to extract the ComboBox values.

Ah ok, I thought it is a general setting for those conditions functions similar to parameters.