[RELz] Snowy Dreams

Hana

FYI to those wondering - probably fixed. Hana will have to say for sure. TESSnip to the rescue.

Dunno WTF happened but the CS did a fabulous job of corrupting the file's tail section which attached millions of blank records to the end.

Since TESSnip can load a raw file and not care about invalid records, it became a relatively simple matter of copy/paste from damaged file to new file.

TES4Edit struggled mightily to load the damaged file but hit a brick wall once the system ate up 4GB of memory. Gecko folded long before that.

Also, thank you Bash for nearly frying my game. Tried to get rid of the first botch job I did of repairing the file and it decided I no longer needed an Oblivion.esm file. UGH. Backups people, have them!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hana

• Dwip

• Conner

• Arthmoor

Top Posters In This Topic

omg omg omg frantics.gifI love you!!!! It's exactly how it should be. A thousand thank you's and sorry for nearly causing Bash to fry your game.

If you could please delete the snowy dreams file that's up here now I need to re-upload the final for Shezrie to come and get it.

Geez, that's a hell of a bug in the CS. One that folks really probably should be warned about. :facepalm:

Gratz on fixing it though, Samson, and gratz on his being able to recover it for you, Hana, I hope it wins you something now that it's done. :)

To be fair, it does seem to only happen in Vista/7, but considering that this is 2010, well. I wonder if it lives on the wiki bugs page.

Funny thing is, I've caught myself a few times making changes there when loading a mod and it hasn't bitten me so far on 7. Chances are I was playing with fire though since I've had the same thing happen on XP before.

Thank you, sir :)

V1.0 final release is up. Check it out if you'd like but it's going to Shezrie as is, unless it's hugely broken.

Thank you all for easing my pain and helping me through this. My first release, woooo! :)

That's really cute, congratulations on making it. :biggrin:

I think it's interesting that, of seven Christmas mods, six of them are some form of mountain cabin..

Going to hazard the guess that when people think of Christmas themed homes, they tend to think of mountain cabins before, say, undersea domes. But who knows. :P

And looks like the house cluttered up nicely. Gratz. :)

I suppose so, but they could've chosen homes within a town/village/city instead of isolated cabins. They might've even tried for a totally different take and gone with what they felt Christmas would be like for tree dwelling elves or lizard/cat people or.. without going to the extreme of undersea domes. :shrug:

Well, people pretty much know not to touch cities because of OC and BC incompatibility. Although there are mods out there that have done this. And when I think cozy winter retreat, I go to mountain cabin, where there's snow for miles and miles and peace and quiet. Around Bruma is really the only place you find that. It's hard (for me at least) to think of Christmas without snow, so decorating an Argonian swamp would not compute in my mind, lol.

Hana, also congratulations from me for your lovely house. I've seen the video tour on youtube and it really very nice. Isn't it funny that we - myself included - normally associate Christmas with winter and cozyness and fireplace and stuff? Because it is only us!! I mean half the (christian) world on the southern hemisphere never ever get to see any snow at all during Christmas time, not even if they wanted (unless really flying someplace) :)

• 3 weeks later...
Russian Christmas with OREHappy Christmas from tesall.ru! Thanks for beautiful, truly amazing, nice project! Here is russian version of mods:Snowy Dreams by HanaisseBig thanks for all, who work in this project - for authors by mods and sources. This was really merry Christmas with tales and gifts!)))Separate thanks for the permission to authors with whom we work the first time. And to authors, who has allowed to translate for a long time already us the works.
Just a little pimping of my very first mod release to the world, it's been formally translated into Russian (as were all the entries in the contest). Yes, I'm giddy. :)

Neat. Certainly nobody translates ME into Russian. ;)

Also, changed your thread title to note the RELz status, and moved you to the released projects forum.

Gratz, Hana! :biggrin:

Neat. Certainly nobody translates ME into Russian. ;)Also' date=' changed your thread title to note the RELz status, and moved you to the released projects forum.[/quote']Are you sure?
Neat. Úþýõчýþ, ýøúтþ ýõ ÿõрõòþôøт ýð руÑÂÑÂúøù ÑÂ÷ыú ME. ;)Úрþüõ тþóþ, ø÷üõýøÃȄÂѠòðш ÿþтþú ýð÷òðýøõ þтüõтøть ÑÂтðтуѠRELz, ø ÿõрõõхðû òðѠòыÿуÑÂтøûø фþруü ÿрþõúтþò.
Google does... :P