Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

You know, you'd think that, at sometime in the past, somebody would have had to create two edges in Blender that were either parallel or perpendicular to each other while at an angle. Perhaps they even want to do so without having to do onerous coordinate geometry to get there.However, as always with Blender, what you'd think and what actually appears to be the case are two entirely seperate things, if I am to believe Google.Probably apropos:wisdom_of_the_ancients.png

Oh yes. I can relate. Hugely. Linux errors are just like that.

Amusing Fact: If you're so motivated, you can actually set up a game of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer for just yourself.Amusing Fact #2: While soloing MP is actually pretty fun, all the enemies are scaled to a 4 person team.Amusing Fact #3: Since you start at level 1 with starter weapons, this makes MP REALLY HARD.In case you were wondering or anything.

Suddenly, I realize, Skyrim doesn't use subspaces.

Tragedy! Ruination! Eparchy!Which, presumably yay for navmeshes or something.

Guess that means Bethesda improved the pathing logic.Also, yay for streamlining code! banana.gif

So these Steam freebies. How's that work exactly? You'd get to play it while offered until the offer runs out or what? They don't try to make you pay for shit you might want to sample later do they?

I've never actually tried, but my understanding is that they just go dead at the end, and I think they give you a purchase option if you want it.*checks Steam*Holy SHIT is Civ 5 cheap right now.

Well, the quick Google checkup seems to bear me out - it just goes dead at the end of the weekend, they don't force you to buy it, which would sort of defeat the purpose.

Jesus, its is cheap (particularly considering I paid $80 for my original copy). The next expansion pack their bringing out looks absolutely badass as well.Also, I'll confirm what Dwip said about the trial versions. It'll just go dead once the free weekend or whatever they're offering runs out.

Been looking at this one myself. It has Alien reboot written all over it. Also a subtle acknowledgement toward AvP Requiem. Catch the laser things they sent down the tunnels?If it's not a reboot, then it has to be part of the actual story line that's been running since 1979 that we're only just now circling back to the beginning of.

Speculation is that the crew of Prometheus are the ones who set up that signal the Nostromo went to investigate.Not really a reboot, though, more of a prequel.

All because in the future humanity is dumb and does not armour it's space helmets.Now...I know we hve some good digital artists here.Anybody know anything about repairing lack of focus/camera shake on text in a photograph?I'm thinking increase contrast and remove very specific colours, but I don't have the software for that.

The various filters in the handily free GIMP would seem to be your starting point there, but I don't actually do photo manipulation much, so can't really help.This remains completely relevent to my day.Getting my friends together for a night of drinking and board gaming. How hard could it possibly be? :headbang:

Dwip,Actually - just realised my cousin is a proffesional photographer.Brain fail.Saw that pic a while ago.Cus - yu'know - I love reading about games I would never play.Sufficed to say I think that pretty much the entire internet has aggreed Shepard was indoctrinated and that wasn't the ending, you should pick destroy to get the actual ending, and if Bioware's DLC says anything else they will have officially used up the last dregs of the "We Made KOTOR!" credit.I never thought that would happen, but there you go.

After my second time through, I think I'm more of a "it all ended after Harbinger shot you in the face with a huge laser" ending fan. Not sure.Ah well. At least the entire rest of the game is fun?Time for more Skyrim, I guess.