Son of Random Stuff

Arthmoor

I'm not sure which season finale was more disturbing, Supernatural or Sherlock Holmes.

I've been watching that Sherlock series too. It's really neat to see the original stories redone in modern times. Are you familiar with the original story?

Wouldn't have done much good for me to go look either. Turns out we're far enough south we'd have been outside the 80% coverage area, and I've seen my share of partial eclipses before.All indications are Albuquerque was the place to be. They were dead center in the totality track.

I just wish it was a total eclipse, not an annular. Anyways, for those interested, this is exactly what I saw (though obviously a lot brighter):

I'm not sure which season finale was more disturbing' date=' Supernatural or Sherlock Holmes.[/quote']This is the British Sherlock?Did you guys just get that?Well, I suppose it's fair that transatlantic lag goes both ways.The Supernatural final... didn't jump the shark or nuke the fridge. It did that by, not really resolving anything. I still say season five should have ended it with Dean all happy and stuff.

Yeah, we're just catching it now. We don't have it locally even - I catch it on American PBS (public broadcasting station, not a commercial network). I've only managed to catch a couple of the episodes. We might buy it on DVD when it becomes available though. Trying to catch British television shows can be really hit and miss here. They pick and choose which ones they purchase.That annular eclipse was awesome though. I think I like that better than a total. Too bad we couldn't see it here.

I'm not sure which season finale was more disturbing' date=' Supernatural or Sherlock Holmes.[/quote']

This is the British Sherlock?

Did you guys just get that?

Well' date=' I suppose it's fair that transatlantic lag goes both ways.

The Supernatural final... didn't jump the shark or nuke the fridge. It did that by, not really resolving anything. I still say season five should have ended it with Dean all happy and stuff.[/quote']Yeah. It is the one with Benedict Cumberbach. I've read that there is going to be another season.I have mixed feelings about Supernatural. Ending it at Season 5 would have provided closure. But the people involved in the story seem pretty eagar to keep it going. I'm not sure I'm going to bother watching it next fall. By then, knowing me, I'll change my mind.

I am quite confident though that the TV series of A song of Fire and Ice won't be jumping the shark at all.

So, after a very long time trying to figure out the conundrum of preventing the player from using the carriage system if he is bleeding out in my mod, I decided to try this: when he's bleeding out, stop the quest containing the carriage system's dialogue, and restart it again when he is no longer bleeding.That did the trick, it seems. Probably not the absolute best way to go about this, but it is the cleanest.

Because I am blocking waiting, sleeping, and normal fast-travel. Any activity that would cause a large period of time to pass and risk killing the player from blood loss on arrival. Thus, I don't want him using the carriages for that very reason.Besides, if you were the carriage owner, would you allow someone who's bleeding to death to go for a leisurely ride with you? Bleeding all over your carriage?

What if the player uses the blood to paint big red crosses on the side first?Also, bored. Making a thing. Not sure what for.

Because I am blocking waiting' date=' sleeping, and normal fast-travel. Any activity that would cause a large period of time to pass and risk killing the player from blood loss on arrival. Thus, I don't want him using the carriages for that very reason.

Besides, if you were the carriage owner, would you allow someone who's bleeding to death to go for a leisurely ride with you? Bleeding all over your carriage?[/quote']So a fast carriage ride to the hospital isn't happening? :biggrin: If carriage rides aren't any faster than regular travel, then yeah, they should be blocked. I don't believe they are. Very similar to Oblivion's, and perhaps Skyrim's, thing where a vampire taking sun damage couldn't fast travel. That's reasonable.

Oh, right. I suppose that makes sense since the carriage rides pass time as if you'd walked the distance. Bleeding to death in transit would suck. Besides, if you're at a carriage, isn't it more or less wisest to head into the city and get help?@Dwip: I am intrigued. That looks Velothi in style to me.

Generic Middle Ages castle, actually. It's just missing battlements because I didn't want to take the time to add them right now. Having enough trouble with stairs. Fuck stairs.

Also, this totally sucked to do as one piece, and it turns out I did some things badly, which means I get to redo it. Joy.Also, I wonder if we know how to animate doors for Skyrim or not.

Animate them how? If you mean in Nifskope or something, I wouldn't count on it. Collision isn't even right yet, and if you're doing that stuff in Blender, its nif export isn't up to the job yet either.

Kinda figured. Good thing the chances of me doing a real mod in the next whenever are minimal.

*Wonders why rabbits insist on making huge one pieces when a tile set would be so much easier*

In this case I'm actually working off of plans, which makes the tileset idea a bit harder to work with. Since I'm also just kind of messing around with no intent to use it for anything, I figure I might as well do things because I can.

Is it bad when you click the Rickroll link just for the nostalgia value of being Rickrolled?