TES V: Skyrim

AndalayBay

That is really odd. I'd check your virus scanner and make sure it's not tripping on the Skyrim masters for some reason. I've never known anything else to touch those files. I think Beth might have updated them once, but it doesn't sound like there was a Steam update last night.Although I guess if you have something that's messing around with their timestamps, Steam might update them again? I'm not sure.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Thomas Kaira

• AndalayBay

• Ysne58

That is really odd. I'd check your virus scanner and make sure it's not tripping on the Skyrim masters for some reason. I've never known anything else to touch those files. I think Beth might have updated them once' date=' but it doesn't sound like there was a Steam update last night.

Although I guess if you have something that's messing around with their timestamps, Steam might update them again? I'm not sure.[/quote'] My antivirus/malware has never found issues with skyrim. I have no idea what caused, but it's the second time those files have disappeared from my skyrim folder.

I posted my bug report to Nexus more than 24 hours ago and haven't had any sort of response.At least one of you has told me that NMM might actually be the culprit in making those 2 files disappear but isn't sure why/how.If that person is right, the NMM people are absolutely brilliant. (and I mean this sarcastically.) I think they owe me an apology both for the nasty accusation and for taking so long to respond.

Wow, talk about unprofessional, jumping to conclusions like that. Glad I don't use it.Dark0ne really ought to apologize in person, because that was WAY out of line. In my shoes, if someone made a utility that accused someone of piracy without hard, irrefutable evidence, they'd be fired on the spot. You don't accuse someone of a committing a crime unless you have a VERY good reason for doing so.

Wait, so someone there actually told you it did that because the game was pirated?

No, an NMM notification came up that essentially said "You don't have a Skyrim.EXE and Skyrim.ESM! You're a pirate!" and then refused to close.The accusation was completely baseless. I've lost Skyrim.EXE once myself because Steam updated in the middle of a virus scan, which got the partially downloaded EXE deleted because the AV though it was a corrupt file. Is that piracy? Hell no, that was my AV program slipping up. Not the same thing, not even fucking close.That is not cool, especially for a website that is supposed to be professional. Ysne would be quite within her rights now to file a formal complaint against Nexus.

No' date=' an NMM notification came up that essentially said "You don't have a Skyrim.EXE and Skyrim.ESM! You're a pirate!" and then refused to close.

The accusation was completely baseless. I've lost Skyrim.EXE once myself because Steam updated in the middle of a virus scan, which got the partially downloaded EXE deleted because the AV though it was a corrupt file. Is that piracy? Hell no, that was my AV program slipping up. Not the same thing, not even fucking close.

That is not cool, especially for a website that is supposed to be professional. Ysne would be quite within her rights now to file a formal complaint against Nexus.[/quote']What makes it even worse, TK, the TESV.exe was there, it was just the 2 esm files that were missing.

Bain doesn't recognize the Skyrim.esm file that is in my data folder. I just redid the file verification through steam and it still doesn't recognize it. NMM does. Something really weird is going on.

I'm attempting to fix this. I deleted the skyrim.esm file and then reran the cache verification and it is redownloading the file.

And you know the best part? If you guys had a pirated copy of Skyrim, the exe and master files would be there! You need to check the segments in the exe to see if it's been cracked or not. The file size is another indicator.So not only is he throwing false accusations around, he's not even doing the proper checks for such a thing!!

I got the BAIN issue fixed with a little help from Andalaybay. Then I discovered that BOSS was no longer recognizing Skyrim. I went back and re-read the readme and found the answer to that one, so BOSS is now working properly.Now, if I can just get TESMODmanager to work....

This is my latest post in the bug report I made about this situation.http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=2112&st=0&gopid=6543entry6543I did upload a screen of the text that shows up when you try to start NMM when the skyrim.esm file goes awol in that post.

Wow, Ysne is pissed! Not saying you don't have a right to be - their reaction is typical Nexus. Step a little toe outside their rules and you're banned. It's that attitude that pisses people off about Nexus.I'm just not used to seeing Ysne mad about something! But once you're used to BAIN, you won't go back anyway.

Wow' date=' Ysne is pissed! Not saying you don't have a right to be - their reaction is typical Nexus. Step a little toe outside their rules and you're banned. It's that attitude that pisses people off about Nexus.

I'm just not used to seeing Ysne mad about something! But once you're used to BAIN, you won't go back anyway.[/quote']Yeah, I'm angry. I now have BAIN and TESMODmanager working so the only thing I will ever use NMM for again is checking for updates on installed mods. Depending on how BAIN and TESMOD work, I may not even do that.I haven't been banned yet.

Wow, that has to be one of the most unprofessionally worded error messages of all time.

Wow. Yeah.But you'll probably be happier with BAIN anyway, so there's that, I guess?

I will say this: if that doesn't get addressed within 24 hours of Ysne PMing Dark0ne, I am pulling all of my mods out of NMM support.They might get away with it in the forums, but the "if you don't do it our way you're a criminal" logic does not stand outside of Nexus, and I will not allow people to associate my mods with a tool that considers anyone who has had Skyrim.ESM go missing a pirate. End of story.That they jump to conclusions like that really speaks bounds about what they think of the community, and even I find it insulting.

I'd wait until Monday (US time) before condemning them for non-contact.

I'd wait until Monday (US time) before condemning them for non-contact.
You have a point there. I'll wait for 48 hours instead.(I do kinda hope I'm not the only one who will be effectively boycotting NMM over this. :ninja: )

Ok, message was titled NMM False accusation of piracy.Text"You can find the bug report here:http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-2112-plugin-screen-not-showing-installed-mods/The last time I was this pissed off was when Giskard pulled that crap in 2008-9 with pretending to go away and give up all of his work and then falsely accused our group of stealing his work after we stepped in and started trying to pick up after his mess..I do not steal other people's work and you have no business falsely accusing me of doing so."

(I do kinda hope I'm not the only one who will be effectively boycotting NMM over this. :ninja: )
I don't use it at all and I don't put that option to download with it on my mods. Didn't like the tool when it was introduced. Does that count? ;)