Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Arthmoor

Then it wouldn't really accomplish much since you'll still have boots, gauntlets, and a helm to switch out too.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Dwip

• Thomas Kaira

• prettyfly

It's to get naked faster. :lol:But yeah, I wasn't impressed with the Dunmer, looks like Spock to me. The blade was awesome. Looks like a nice downward thrusting stabbing motion too.

Why is it for some reason now that Todd has been quoted as saying the PC version will look a lot better everyone is harping about it being true? When did Todd become God?And why can't they admit to themselves that Todd was just covering his ass after getting booed by the QuakeCon crowd because he was showing the 360 version?

Because Todd and Pete have both been saying the PC version will have better graphics the whole time? What he said at Quakecon wasn't news to anyone who paid attention back in December when they first said it.

I can see no reason there couldn't be a pc version, a 360 version, a 720 version, a PS3 version, and a PS4 version (yes, yes, no such thing but when 720 launches "there will be" :) ) all of which are optimized for the system they're intended for. If I was Beth, I would make unique DLC's for the consoles to make up for the fact consolers aren't allowed to mod due to hardware manufactuers TOS.I've always appreciated Beth's policy of making there games playable on the 'meh' PC's of the time of release; although I know there are those here that disagree.

One could accomplish all that easily with an engine that adapts to the hardware its on and scales appropriately. Then they wouldn't need to have separate code trees for it either. Even the final version of Gamebryo that exited before the company went belly-up had this, but Bethesda never integrated that version into their product line.

Would look pretty sweet if it wasn't shoving those really flat-looking rivets in our face, but.

So... DB armor on a Dunmer PC with wicked blades as weapons. Confirmation that the DB is joinable?

At the very least confirmation that somebody's getting stabbed, somewhere.Also, can I take a moment to appreciate the architecture in that shot, too?

Haven't seen confirmation the DB is joinable or not yet.The background building in that pic = awesome. Trying to figure out what the banner pic is.

I'm going with strongly implied then. First the note in the player's inventory in the leaked demo with a Black Hand symbol saying "we know" and now a confirmed PC wearing the armor. If it's not joinable, it at least has a very prominent role. But it would make no sense to have them this visible and not joinable unless we're pulling another Daggerfall here.As for the city in the background, I'm guessing Falkreath based on the banner. I seem to recall seeing a map image with that banner symbol in the Falkreath Hold area.

Wow. That's just about got to take the cake for the dumb-ass things I've seen so far from that forum. That guy who suggested that Argonians be done away with now has a counterpart.

I did like Freddo's response though:"This gone on far enough." [sic]LOCKP.S. You'll note the missing "has". Clearly Freddo lost a few brain cells trying to read through that crap!

GameStop store rep also confirmed that the CE comes with the cloth map, for what that's worth.

Well, I guess I'm not so hardcore. I have better things to do with the extra $100 the CE costs than spend it on a statue to collect dust. Like ... pay bills.But this, I would pay for this.Wtf at the different offerings. :crazy:Oh wait! There is a PC version too... wtf at EBGames in Australia. angry.png

Yeah I saw that one of the guys on TESA posted about that. I think the journal is blank though - it's meant to be a book for you to use. Still pretty cool, but I'd like the art book.And yeah, they are making it tough to choose. I do shudder to think of the number of people who will buy the different editions to just have them. Probably see a lot of them wind up on ebay too.

You know what Skyrim really needs to help us homeowners?The ability to flag individual items inside containers to respawn.It's still worth it to keep hold of containers that completely reset their contents every so often, but I absolutely hate it when I figure out the hard way that a house container is a respawning container by all the items I was keeping in there vanishing. Especially when the game offers no good way to detect this on its own.So if we just add in the ability to flag individual contents of the container to respawn with the container itself being safe, rather than being forced to have the whole thing reset to put the items back, problem solved.Oh, and one other thing (if the rumors are true and parrying is not allowed while dual-wielding). Congratulations for ruining dual-wielding, Bethesda! Don't you realize that vast majority of medieval fighters who dual wield are using a PARRY sword in their other hand? So why the hell can we not parry when dual-wielding? Are you really that stupid? Why must dual-wielding be relegated to only being useful to tank characters?Us thief types still need our defenses, you know. We don't use shields, we deflect and parry, and oftentimes use a second blade in our off hand to help us do just that. Why must we suffer because of your silly, contrived, and arbitrary "balancing?" Find another way.

Nope. The EBGames version I would pass on easily. $108AU at current exchange rates is actually about the same as $110US. No way in hell I'd pay that kind of money just to get a metal case for the CDs and the cloth map. A book full of blank pages and 4 lame collector cards is silly.After having done some research into artbooks and PVC statues, Bethesda is taking a huge loss on their CE at its current price. Talk about a WTF when I found several 200 page artbooks at that size costing upwards of $75 and plenty of 12" PVC statues selling for well over $300. I don't get it, but that appears to be normal in that market segment. So yes, I broke down and pre-ordered mine.

I wasn't aware of any house that didn't have non-respawning containers. Mod-added houses, well, any good modder knows to do the same.If the CE artbook was full of high gloss in-game pics, then maybe I would, but no way am I paying that price for their sketches and render drawings.